400th Anniversary of the House of Romanov 1613-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J Kendrick

Aristocracy
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada

Russia2.gif

400th Anniversary of the House of Romanov
1613-2013

From Interfax/Religion

2013-03-06 10:00:00
Bell music concert to be given in Kremlin on House of Romanov's 400th anniversary

Moscow, March 6, Interfax - Bell-ringers of the Moscow Kremlin will give an unprecedented bell music concert on the day marking the 400th anniversary of the House of Romanov.

"After a solemn patriarchal service on March 6 the "Tsar Toll" will be rung to celebrate the end of "chaos" 400 years ago and the enthronement of the new governing dynasty," Igor Konovalov, artistic director of bell music performances at the Moscow Kremlin and Christ the Savior Cathedral, told Interfax-Religion.

The 1,200-pound bell, Reut, cast in 1622, will be the leader and it will be struck 400 times.

"The Reut ringing was heard by all of the Romanov tsars, from Mikhail Fyodorovich to Nicholas II," he said.

The Reut is the main ringing monument of the Romanov family, Konovalov said. "It was cast on order from the young tsar Mikhail Fyodorovich and his father Patriarch Filaret, to mark success in overcoming the chaos. The bell was made by the legendary Russian caster Andrey Chokhov, who had also made bells and cannons for Ivan the Terrible, and tsars Fyodorov Ioanovich and Boris Godunov, and who immortalized the art of casting by making his Tsar Cannon.

Bell Reut survived the 1812 Patriotic War when the belfry of the Assumption belfry was blown up. The bell fell for a second time during the coronation of Alexander II.

Last edited by a moderator:
zzzzzzzphoto-2.jpg

The Toerring Jettenbach family as well as King Fouad of Egypt,The Duke of Bragca,TRH Prince Vladimir and Princess Brigitta of Serbia,Prince Michael of Yugoslavia,Crown Prince Leka of Albania..almost tout le Gotha....

No reigning Royal Family was represented and the Heads of the Royal Families of Romania,Serbia,Bulgaria and Montenegro were not there either.

No reigning Royal Family was represented and the Heads of the Royal Families of Romania,Serbia,Bulgaria and Montenegro were not there either.

That about sums it up Cory,true...Hence my "almost"...tout le Gotha...grin...Btw,the Reigning Families could never attend this sort of events as they're all on "friendly terms with present Republic of Russia",and gatherings like this should be seen as coleur locale and a revival of historical events only.Even tho I admire the Romanovs,but that doesn't include some of the present family members....same is the case with most other Families too tho...

All the members of the Russian Imperial Family were present due to the fact that the only members today are HIH Grand Duchess Maria and HIH Grand Duke George.
I wonder why Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia, Crown Princess Margareta of Romania did not attend.

No reigning House should have accepted her Invitation no other Romanovs were there too.
Does that mean the the non reigning royals accept her as official Heiress ?

A lot of theses guests attended the royal Egyptian wedding in Istambul .
Our Princess Lea did not attend this event ?

No reigning House should have accepted her Invitation no other Romanovs were there too.
Does that mean the the non reigning royals accept her as official Heiress ?

I think Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna is recognised as the Head of the Imperial House and Empress de jure of Russia by most of the Reigning and Non-Reigning Houses.

I know that Prince Luiz, Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, recognizes her.

Last edited:
zzzzzzzphoto-2.jpg

The Toerring Jettenbach family as well as King Fouad of Egypt,The Duke of Bragca,TRH Prince Vladimir and Princess Brigitta of Serbia,Prince Michael of Yugoslavia,Crown Prince Leka of Albania..almost tout le Gotha....

In other words, a bunch of people like Maria who cling to a long forgotten past but have no real role or function in the 21st century.

In other words, a bunch of people like Maria who cling to a long forgotten past but have no real role or function in the 21st century.

That's untrue.

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, the Duke of Braganza, Crown Prince Leka and the Crown Prince Alexander all have some kind of official role with the Governments of their countries.

Also, those people have an ideal: they want to spend their lives fighting for Restore their Monarchies.

How would you feel if someone on Internet said that you have no "real role or function"? You should be ashamed to say such a thing about people you don't even know.

Lets just say I found the gathering less than impressive. Usually one can at least drag a Kent out to such functions but Maria couldn't even manage that. And no I feel absolutely no shame in saying what I originally said nor do I feel any need to feel shame at all. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities but I prefer to live in the real world of the 21st century and not hold out hopes of bringing back the 19th or even the early 20th centuries.

And no I feel absolutely no shame in saying what I originally said nor do I feel any need to feel shame at all.

For God's sake, that's the first time I saw someone proud to be a hopeless ill-mannered person, who is totally unable to respect other people.

Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities but I prefer to live in the real world of the 21st century and not hold out hopes of bringing back the 19th or even the early 20th centuries.

Last time I checked, Monarchies were compatible with the 21th century.

Last time I checked, Monarchies were compatible with the 21th century.
Sure, just not in Russia, Serbia, Yugoslavia (which no longer exists), Montenegro, Albania or Egypt, all of which have seen fit to toss their monarchs out a long time ago and through all of their political ups and downs have not seen fit to place them back on their thrones. So yes monarchies are compatible with the 21st century in those countries that have seen fit to retain such monarchies but not in countries where they saw fit to toss them out.
As for calling me ill mannered well I guess such a statement says more about yourself than it does about me but will leave it at that. No need to toss a glove in your face or suggest pistols in the park at dawn.

First of all, NGalitzine is hardly ill manned. You Brazilian Empire are quite delusional. No one is restoring ancient monarchies. The monarchies that exist, today, have, by reason of changing to being Constitutional and workable for their nations, some what show pieces, including Britain. The monarchies you seem to think of, are long past. Maria is a joke, from another century, but she has nothing else and it is sad. Now, she wants to destroy her son's life. If the monarchies, today, do not fit the people needs, and the real governments' of those countries needs, they would be out. They marry "Commoners", because being "royal" is a hoax, by your standards. Brazil is a thriving nation, today. I hope your royal family have money or jobs, they aren't coming back.

The hope for the Restoration of Monarchies is not a dream of a group of people not linked with reality. Polls show that in Romania,Serbia and Albania a very important part of the people wants the Restoration. Russia is very different .

Theotokos Fyodorovskaya is the patron icon of the Imperial Romanov family. Michael I of Russia received a copy of the icon from his mother. He carried it to Moscow when he went there to rule.

If the page defaults to Spanish, mouse over it and right click to select Translate to English

Article by César Alcalá - March 2023

The day the Romanov surname came to power in Russia

The surname Romanov came to power in Russia on March 3, 1613. Of Lithuanian origin, the surname derives from Roman Yurev. In the mid-1300s they settled in Russia. One of them, Anastasia, married Ivan IV, known as "the Terrible", in 1547. About the Romanovs the British historian Simon Sebag Montefiore argues that they were eccentric, cruel and ambitious and their power came from an alliance woven between the crown, the army and the aristocracy...

About the Romanovs the British historian Simon Sebag Montefiore argues that they were eccentric, cruel and ambitious and their power came from an alliance woven between the crown, the army and the aristocracy...

The first Romanov was begged to become Tsar, but refused to do so and his mother, he was quite young, as well. They were begged!

And this repeats throughout the Romanov history: A lot of them were reluctant to rise to power. The ones, that were not, found mostly an untimely end...

The cited historian is a windbag - and his writings stink from the try to make the Romanovs somewhat responsible for their almost complete extermination by the "communists".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom