The Chances of Restoration of Monarchy in Iran

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Comparison of Chinese/Russian/US expeditionary corps is irrelevant. One can assume that Iran has various contingency plans to fend itself off.

In 2007 the US press reported leaked info that then Vice President Cheney wanted US troops to extend into or "invade" Iran because he believed Iran's govt. was sponsoring wide spread terrorism. The Joint Chiefs of Staff quickly quashed any ideas of going into Iran for the same reasons I pointed out. Iranians are fiercely nationalistic and Cheney was told the US would find itself in a hornet's nest situation that would be worse that Iraq. So I would say Iran has a contingency plans in place. They also face threats from the Sunni Muslim nations particularly their power rival in the region Saudia Arabia.

In 2007 the US press reported leaked info that then Vice President Cheney wanted US troops to extend into or "invade" Iran because he believed Iran's govt. was sponsoring wide spread terrorism. The Joint Chiefs of Staff quickly quashed any ideas of going into Iran for the same reasons I pointed out. Iranians are fiercely nationalistic and Cheney was told the US would find itself in a hornet's nest situation that would be worse that Iraq. So I would say Iran has a contingency plans in place. They also face threats from the Sunni Muslim nations particularly their power rival in the region Saudia Arabia.

I think that would've started World War III in my opinion if the US invaded Iran.

-Frozen Royalist

:previous:I strongly believe that we, this world, the entire world is at war at this moment in time.......it is called *TERRORISM* the unseen enemy terrorizing the world in the name of a religion that they twisted to their own advantage.

It will take all world leaders to combat this war and I have no faith that will ever happen so things will proceed as they always do in history and many will suffer with no regard from the world leaders.

The current unrest in Iran may have 'dropped off the front pages', but continues, with a sizable Monarchist component. The population is strikingly 'young' with many millions of unemployed/under employed but highly educated young people who are deeply discontented with the repression of a theocratic state.
They are connected to the 'liberal' West by their phones and the Internet and are well aware of their lack of freedom in comparison to the youth in other Countries.
The economy is stagnant, MANY are hungry and 'in need' and the 'reformers' have failed to deliver the socio-economic reforms they REPEATEDLY promised.
Repression by the 'Religious Police', 'Revolutionary Guard', and Secret Police is harsh in the extreme, [the Prisons are FULL], the 'justice system' WHOLLY discredited,yet the people are losing their fear [having nothing to lose]...

The young have no memory or experience of the pre-revolutionary days of 1979,and many older people now regard them as 'Halcyon days', of plenty and of [relative] Liberty WITHOUT Religious repression.
The promises made by Crown Prince Reza, of secular democracy, free elections, a more prosperous society, open to the West, and to 'progress' are very enticing to many who see no future or change from the Mullahs.

The Restoration of the Throne of Iran is therefore [in my opinion] a distinct possibility in the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:
The Restoration of the Throne of Iran is therefore [in my opinion] a distinct possibility in the next 5-10 years.

Very questionable statement I would say. Monarchy isn't supported by the majority of Iranians, though some percent definitely does. I heard many times from my Persian friends that the majority opposes the current regime and wants changes, but the changes, as the majority sees, should direct to a new, republican Iran, and not back to Imperial Iran. The Majority (let's call them "republican" to be more accurate) are well aware of the deeds of previous regime, so they don't want that all back. They call Royalists "ignorant", cause they often close eyes to the things Imperial Iran did. Of course, Imperial Iran's inner policy doesn't compare to the one of Modern Iran, cause they were a lot better, but still not good enough.

The Royalists are a lot optimistic and think that the 5000 years of history of Monarchy in Iran should not end, and that the policy of Imperial Iran was wrong (which royal family admits and every second promises to build better Iran if they get the throne) and was created not by Shah. They want their royal family back, and they believe that this time they won't repeat their mistakes. These Royalists are not the older generation. They are the young ones and they want their Shah back to the throne of a country which is pointing straight to nowhere.

So, my point is - It is unlikely, but still possible. The time will show of course.

I´m against the monarchy in Iran. Because they had a democracy. Based on the interests of the USA and Great-Britain, Mohammad Mossadegh, the first president of the Iran, was backstabbed by his people (with money). And why? Oil!
And the emperor? He was a huge mistake. I´m a royalty fan, but in this case democracy is the only answer for the region.

Democracy brought the Muslim Brotherhood to power in Egypt. Democracy brought the Mujaheddeen and the Taliban in Afghanistan. Democracy has completely ruined post-Khadaffi Libya. So I would put question marks to your statement that democracy "is the only answer". Sadly life is not that simple.

Haaaaahahahaha hahahaha haaaaaaahahahahaha hahahaha...

:lol: ? :lol: ? :lol: ?

Dream on.

The late Shah and the Shahbanou herself ended the monarchy by their own behaviour.

Especially the outerworldly outrageous Imperial Coronation of 1967 and the immensely grotesque Persepolis Celebrations in 1971 started it all, creating an unstoppable momentum towards the collapse of the monarchy in 1979.

Even if it were true - is the Iranian society really ready to accept a female monarch?

Prince Reza doesn't have a son and he will not have one already.

Last edited:
What current Iranians even know about shahs? And how much propaganda Islamic regime has already given during its over 40 years lasted rule? Probably it is quiet hard to restore monarchy even if Islamic regime collapses one day. Either it collapsed due internal reasons or USA will invade Iran and oust Ayatollahs, Iran would transfer to some form of republic or might even descend to chaos like Iraq did soon after Saddam Hussein was ousted.

Iranians probably don't want monarchy back and Americans are nto going to restore that. They haven't ever done that not even for Germany, Afghanistan nor Iraq. And Americans even tried abolish Japanese monarchy.

In general, people (except royalists) think that monarchy is an outdated type of government, that the place of Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses are in fairytales.
And that Royals are spongers.

I keep on meeting such opinions.

This is so full of contradictions I can't make sense of it. Gay Iranians hunted and persecuted by the government support both the restoration of the monarchy and yet, persecution of the LGBT community?

Article from LGBT Nation News
By Kamiab Ghorbanpour Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Anything’s better than living in hell: How queer Iranians & anti-LGBTQ+ rebels became part of the same uprising

Majidriza Rahnavard was caught by the police and executed...After releasing his Instagram account to the public, some of Majidriza’s posts caused controversy. The most shocking thing, however, was his unapologetic support of the Pahlavi Dynasty and particularly the reign of Muhammad Riza Shah, the former Shah of Iran whose supporters want to achieve a restoration to the imperial past by implementing rigid conservative and anti-minority laws.

...There is also a strong right-wing sentiment in Iran that is especially apparent among the older generations who want to re-install the previous monarchy and uphold the conservative values of the current regime but with different aesthetics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom