'Princess' Ann Claire Pahlbod (1973- ), grandaughter of Princess Shams

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Only1Mona

From the VH1 Message Board RE: The Truth About Princess Ann Claire
Look, I don't know who you are and why you get such a kick of of hurting someone you don't know. First of all, my true legal name is what it is. I did take my grandmother's name because I was advised by my management to pick another name for professional purposes and I couldn't think of anything better than my grandmother's name, who I was very close to. Marie Claire was my middle name when I was born so I shortened it to Ann Claire. That's allowed. I do have an occupation: I am an actress and I work very hard. I never said I had 20 million dollars. I never said I lived in the Imperial palace. I never said I chartered any private jet. VH-1 said that, not me. I thought I was doing a show about people from royal families who are trying to follow their dreams. I shot a lot of footage of me going to auditions, acting normal, going to the dog pound. They promised me they were going to use it. I has no idea they would edit it the way they did. Most of the things I said that came off bratty I said as a joke. Tv makes money off people looking dumb and I just happened to be silly and naive enough to not realize it. I never intended to misrepresent myself - I am not a phony, I am a real person. I also never intended to embarrass my family - it's a shame that it was cut teh way it was. Please turn your attention to something more worthwhile than criticizing me when you don't know the whole truth. This has been bad enough for me already.
Response:
RE: The Truth About Princess Ann Claire
Pahlavi was just as good a name as any other?!?
What was wrong with your given first and last names?
You are not a Princess either, though your grandmother was and you father is a prince.
You would take a name that does not belong to you to malign your distant family on TV?
For professional purposes, one chooses a more discreet name, not one that capitalizes on distant, famous relations and then exploits that name of for a struggling career.
You are barely related to a royal family- and should have discussed this with your father or your management before doing this.
Her real name is Anahita Pahlbod. She is, in fact, a distantly related member of the royal family.

I saw that when it came on. It was rather interesting. I was suprised that a 'princess' would agree to be on such a show. And now she's lying about her status. How scandalous...hehe. ;)

If anyone is wondering what she looks like, I've found a pic of her at Rex Features.

Does anyone have anymore info on her? I can't seem to find anything.

Attachments

• anneclairevanshaickpahlavi.jpeg
    anneclairevanshaickpahlavi.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7,833
Wow! She is an ugly version of Jennifer Anniston!!! OMIGOD!

Wow, I didn't realize it, but she does kinda look like Jennifer... :lol:

I'd like to ask if anyone on this board knows anything about her, beyond what I had on my website (see my signature). The page on her is gone, by the way.

I have a certain reason for asking this, but I cannot reveal that reason on a public forum. Thanks in advance.

No i don't know her...but you've now tickled my curiousity...is she a famous person or some one on this forum?

She is the grand-niece of the Shah of Iran, through the shah's sister Princess Shams, who was her grandmother. She was on this TV show called Hopelessly Rich which was aired on VH1 last year. Apparently some people didn't like her behavior on that show (she says that the show's producers misrepresented her) and a huge flaming war ensued on VH1's message boards. Due to some legal issues the message boards for the TV show are now gone. If you look her up on Google groups you will find one thread about her and the TV show. I just wanted to know if anyone knew about this girl taking action against people discussing the TV show, that's all.

Last year, I posted something about her on this very message board, but those posts are gone now. I could post pics if you want.

Oh i would appreciate it heaps if you can post some stuff up on her ^__^ is this show 'Hopelessly Rich' aired in the USA?

Only one episode was made, and it is illegal to air it because of the lawsuit George Randolph Hearst III filed against the show's producers. The show's producers hired an actor named George Pilgrim to potray George Hearst as an extremely preverted, loutish heir to the Hearst fortune.

Video: You can watch a video of her at the link.

Anyways, I will attach some pics to this message.

Attachments

• anneclairevanshaickpahlavi.jpeg
    anneclairevanshaickpahlavi.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,051
  • anneclairevanshaickpahlavi2.jpeg
    anneclairevanshaickpahlavi2.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 5,156
i didnt know her lots! if she is relationship to royals? i wanted know who she is!

Sara Boyce

thanks MihoshiMarie ^__^ Too bad the show didn't air it would have been a real interesting show >__<

Princess Ann Claire is back!

I was channel surfing this morning while fixing my computer and came across a commercial for a 10 episode series called 'Love is in the Heir.' It is about Princess Ann Claire, the princess from Iran (I used to have a page about her, but then her PR person threatened me w/a lawsuit). Here are the details:

Nov. 05, 2004
E! putting up 'Heir' for new reality series

E! Entertainment Television has crowned its next reality star: Princess Ann Claire, granddaughter of HH Princess Shams of the Pahlavi Dynasty. "Love Is in the Heir" -- a 10-episode, half-hour reality-comedy series set to debut on the cable network at 10 p.m. Nov. 28 -- features the rebellious princess, a 31-year-old who was raised in London but now lives in Los Angeles and is pursuing a dream to become a country music singer. Her disapproving parents have given her a deadline to get a real job and land a man worthy of her father's approval. If the pampered princess doesn't meet the deadline, she must move back home to London, or her family will cut her off financially.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/television/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000706763

She was the one on Hopelessly Rich - the series on VH1 from last year, whose producers were sued by a member of the Hearst family for hiring an actor to potray George Hearst in an unflattering light.

I heard about this a few days ago. She´s quite interesting.

Has anyone watched this show? Is it just me, or is she really really really annoying and whiny?

I saw some of it last night...yes it is very annoying. She is very whiny and annoying. I noticed they make a point to not say what country she is a Princess of...it is very clear that isn't an accident.

Yeah I bet they think their ratings will go down if people find out she is an Iranian princess... I don't see what the big deal is....Americans should love the Pahlavis. And besides, you can tell right away from looking at her that she is not European but Iranian.

I think the show is so fuuny. She does whine alot and complain, but that's what makes it funny. I wonder if she made that guy call her princess, because he does it all the time. I think her parents should had cut off her money a loooong time ago. Her mother looks European though.

I watchd this that last to see what all of the fuss was about on the boards. I agree that she does whine and complain alot, but she is very funny. I don't even think that she's trying to be funny. She simply is-she says the most ridiculous things with such seriousness that I can't help but laugh at her.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand her! Is it just me, or does she seem like a misrepresentation of a royal? Is she even really titled? I know that her father is the son of a princess of Iran but I don't think she would have the courtesy title of princess.

She seems so whiny! The whole series seems like a joke or a work of fiction, but it does make you wonder if royals really do behave that way.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Is she even really titled? I know that her father is the son of a princess of Iran but I don't think she would have the courtesy title of princess.
Absolutely not. Her father is titled but she isn't. Her grandmother, the late Princess Shams Pahlavi had the title of HIH, her son, Anne Claire's father, Shahboz Pahlbod, has the title HH. Anne Claire's real name is Anahita Pahlbod. She has no title at all.

if we were to prejudge all princesses by her this msg board wouldnt exist. she is sooooo whiney, lazy and she cannot sing, esp country music. i've tried to watch her program 15 minutes was all i could take, i dont know if it was her singing, whining, i dont know

i agree. she is VERY whiney, and CANNOT sing. i don't know who told her she could, but whoever or whomever they are, the grossly lied to her. semisquare, i know how you feel. i did the same thing. i attempted to take in 1 of the first episodes, and i simply COULD NOT do it. it was probably a combination of her singing, whining, and flightiness. all i know is i don't like the show, and therefore i do not watch it. goes to show you that reality tv has gone to the dogs.

Princess Ann Claire

Attachments

• 52593385.jpg
    52593385.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,592
  • 52593391.jpg
    52593391.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,975
madonna23 said:
I don't see what the big deal is....Americans should love the Pahlavis.

Lol, why would we love the Pahlavis? :)

On another note, that show was the most scripted "reality" show I've ever seen! :rolleyes:

americans should love the pahlavis because they are the moooooooost secular people coming from a ruling Muslim house that you can get plus they are most willing to be western puppets. ...it's the u.s who reinstated the shah through operation ajax. so the u.s. government at least loves the royal family ---- i think there was even talk of bringing back the peacock throne with the shah's son...

anyway, it is a scripted show which mmakes it all the more boring. i mean, it doesn't even seem remotely realistic. they should have at least tried to make it seem real if they were going to do a script.

Phew, I was thinking you were going to say something to the opposite, prompting me to launch into the Operation Ajax saga. I'm glad you are well aware of it already! :) It seems to be a "forgotten" event in history.

Ugh, and I hated the scripted little scenarios that Anne Claire kept finding herself in. Very boring. I would watch that I Married a Princess (except that Catherine von Oxenberg doesn't even have the title of Princess...) show before I'd watch another Love is in the Heir. :rolleyes:

Isabel said:
I watchd this that last to see what all of the fuss was about on the boards. I agree that she does whine and complain alot, but she is very funny. I don't even think that she's trying to be funny. She simply is-she says the most ridiculous things with such seriousness that I can't help but laugh at her.

Ann Claire is not what royalty is about. She doesn't even have a title!!

I saw the episode when her sister came to visit her, OMG what a snob her sister is as is the rest of the family. For a family that only has one titled member (the father), they put on more airs and graces than any other Royal!!!

msfroyste said:
i agree. she is VERY whiney, and CANNOT sing. i don't know who told her she could, but whoever or whomever they are, the grossly lied to her. semisquare, i know how you feel. i did the same thing. i attempted to take in 1 of the first episodes, and i simply COULD NOT do it. it was probably a combination of her singing, whining, and flightiness. all i know is i don't like the show, and therefore i do not watch it. goes to show you that reality tv has gone to the dogs.

I know! I watched part of it and wanted to just go up to her and scream, "shut up!!" because she does whine and can't sing. (IMHO) I never could make it through a full episode without flipping through the other thans...every other minute. Her sister did seem really snobbish. (The whole show has to have been scripted, or it seemed that way to me.)

Back
Top Bottom