Empress Farah Pahlavi News and Events 2: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The king more left wing than she concerning land reform":lol:

She looked great in Nice. I was aware of her love for the Fine Arts, but did not know she was a collector. Thank you all for the links! :flowers:

Thank you for the pictures,Salma!
Farah looks lovely as always,she seems to be a very hands-on person.It´s great that she and the rest of the family support Iranians with charity like this (Her daughter in law helps to give healthcare to poor families with the Foundation for Children in Iran).

The chief editor of swedish "Kungliga magasinet", Roger Lundgren, interviewed empress Farah in June at Grand Hotel in Stockholm. She attended at the Bernadotte Awards. The magazine has a big article and interview, here are the main things of it.
Empress Farah admires deeply the swedish royal family, she had met king Carl Gustaf when he was a crown prince and visited Iran. She has met queen Silvia within her social work. She admires the way the king and the queen represent Sweden. She is glad that Sweden has taken many Iranian people to live in Sweden. The empress is grateful for the love of the Iranian people in Sweden give her and she knows how they feel living away from their homeland, from their roots. She wishes them success, but among all a free land, a democratic Iran. A country where the government works for the people, she is sure that it will happen. She encourages all the Iranian people not to give up hope. The empress thanks her husband that he gave her a chance to work with the women's rights and cultural matters. Her son is active in politics and works for the free Iran, he has said for 30 years: Let us work for a free and democratic Iran. And when Iran finally will be free, it is up to the Iranian people, which kind of administration they choose, regardless of it will be a constitutional monarchy or a democratic republic.
Lundgren asked where the empress has learned swedish, she ended her speech to Marianne Bernadotte with a perfect swedish. The empress tells that her first teacher was her friend's Norwegian husband in Paris. And her other teacher was a young waiter at her hotel. She had the speaker of the parliament beside her at the dinner and she had asked him if she spelled swedish correctly. The empress remembers how Sigvard Bernadotte visited her husband in Iran and admires countess Marianne because of her work with her art foundation, how she encourages the young painters and artists. The empress wishes all the happiness to crown princess Victoria, she was so happy when she saw photos of beautiful Estelle. She wishes them well and hopes Estelle stays healthy. She congratulates the king and the queen of becoming grandparents for the first time, it is a very fine experience.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for translating the article and sharing it with us,LadyFinn!
Farah is an amazing,compassionate,smart woman and I really hope her dreams&visions for her country will come true!Iran deserves to be free,the people should be able to chose their own representation and form of administration.

Empress Farah attended the 4th edition of the 'Art Monaco' contemporary art fair in Monaco on April 25, 2013. Earlier this month the Prince Alireza Pahlavi Foundation had announced the exhibit and sale of artwork at Art Monaco 2013 at the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo to benefit The Prince Alireza Pahlavi Fund for Ancient Iran Scholarship at Harvard University.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Hi, anyone knows where to read her book online? I really wanna read it but it's nor available in where I live :(

Hi, anyone knows where to read her book online? I really wanna read it but it's nor available in where I live :(

Which book do you mean? Farah Diba´s autobiography book? If you tell me what language you speak I might be able to send you a copy by post:)

^ wow thanks! yes I meant her biography "am enduring love", my first language is Cantonese (a form of Chinese) lol, but I can read English obviously! So u have the online link? Awesome!

No,I do not have an online link,but I could send you a copy by post/airmail:)
Just PM me and we can see how we can make it happen!

Empress Farah attended the 'World Monuments Fund Europe' private reception at the 'Foyer de l'Opera Comique' in Paris honouring the donors at the end of its renovation campaign on June 12, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom