HIH The Late Princess Leila of Iran (1970-2001)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! She had somethin of Princess Letizia in her physical features...I've never noticed it before.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Yes! She had somethin of Princess Letizia in her physical features...I've never noticed it before.

Vanesa.
You're right. Now I see it.

Before I thought that she reminds me Maria Callas...

Last edited:
Princess Leila was 37 years old on 27 March.
Rest in peace.

Didn't she have friends ?

I have noticed that it is difficult to find pictures of HIH Princess Leila except for "official" pictures. I never saw any picture of her with a friend or a boyfriend, though I read she had quite a buzy social life.

Many princesses are being taken in pictures with their best friends (I am thinking for instance of Charlotte Casiraghi). But I never saw any picture of HIH Leila with friend(s).

Does anyone know why ? :sad:

Did anyone hear about her friends ? Didn't they express anything public after she passed away ? A collegue of mine died and all of his friends and most colleagues commented about him in his professional and personal circle to remember him with love. And we still do, in order to keep his memory alive.

Princess Leila seemed to me to be fresh and spontaneous (I even think she would be the kind of girl I'd had pleasure to be friend with) so I find quite surprising that heavy silence after her death except for yearly official remembrance of June 10th. Sad, isn't it ?

Last edited:
I remember with sadness reading about Princess Leyla´s death. What a tragedy for a family already so hurt by everything that happened before. May she rest in Peace.

I have noticed that it is difficult to find pictures of HIH Princess Leila except for "official" pictures. I never saw any picture of her with a friend or a boyfriend, though I read she had quite a buzy social life.

Many princesses are being taken in pictures with their best friends (I am thinking for instance of Charlotte Casiraghi). But I never saw any picture of HIH Leila with friend(s).

Does anyone know why ? :sad:

Did anyone hear about her friends ? Didn't they express anything public after she passed away ? A collegue of mine died and all of his friends and most colleagues commented about him in his professional and personal circle to remember him with love. And we still do, in order to keep his memory alive.

Princess Leila seemed to me to be fresh and spontaneous (I even think she would be the kind of girl I'd had pleasure to be friend with) so I find quite surprising that heavy silence after her death except for yearly official remembrance of June 10th. Sad, isn't it ?

FarahJoy, I have no answers to your questions but (although I sort of hate suppositions) I think she wasn't recognized the way her mother is or like the Monaco royals are. Thus she may not have been disturbed by the paparazzis. But of course I'm not sure about it.
Reading the Hola magazine more or less frequently it seems to me that the children of Farah Diba and the late Shah keep quite low profile.

Last edited:
You're right. Now I see it.

Before I thought that she reminds me Maria Callas...

Ooooh...you are so right! She looks very much like the great Callas, only with softer features!

Rest in Peace Princess Leila!
leiladove.gif

Wonderful pics ... thank u hilal ..:):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw your reply today, Acupoftea, thank you very much for your answer.

Well, while traveling in Paris I went to bow on her grave and I can't imagine how her mother must feel whenever she does the same. It must be so horrible to loose one's child. May Leila rest in peace.

Princess Leila's grave

Farahjoy, do yo know if the grave is always open?

You are welcome, FarahJoy! I agree with you, it must be horrible to lose one's child. Very, very sad. I wish the Pahlavi family all the best. There has been too many losses for them.

Two things:

-I think that Leila was born in 1970 ;)

-Leila had title of Royal Highness or Imperial Highness?

Regards!!

I think that being daughter of an Emperor, her title was "Her Imperial Highness" and not "Her Royal Hignesss", but I can be totally wrong... Vanesa.

See the thread title. Leila was a member of the Imperial Family and was an Imperial Highness.

See the thread title. Leila was a member of the Imperial Family and was an Imperial Highness.

The title said too that she was born in 1971 and she was born in 1970 ;)

I do this question because I have read in some magazines that some princesses or princes were Royal Highness =O

Regards!!

Back
Top Bottom