HIH Prince Ali Reza (28 April 1966 - 4 January 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a sad news.I am completly shocked.
My condoleances to the family and especially to his poor mother.

Please, can anyone tell me if he finally got married ??
I remember time ago he engaged to a lady called Sarah, but after that, I didnt hear about the subject.

According to "El Mundo" he wasn't married.

With immense grief that we would like to inform our compatriots of the passing away of Prince Alireza Pahlavi

It is with immense grief that we would like to inform our compatriots of the passing away of Prince Alireza Pahlavi.

Like millions of young Iranians, he too was deeply disturbed by all the ills fallen upon his beloved homeland, as well as carrying the burden of losing a father and a sister in his young life.

Although he struggled for years to overcome his sorrow, he finally succumbed, and during the night of the 4th of January 2011, in his Boston residence, took his own life, plunging his family and friends into great sorrow.

Once again, we are joined with mothers, father and relatives of so many victims of these dark times for our country.

Reza Pahlavi, Farah Pahlavi, Farahnaz Pahlavi, Yasmine Pahlavi, Noor Pahlavi, Iman Pahlavi and Farah Pahlavi
Link

:iranflag2:
What utterly sad deed,what pain he must have been in,this young,beautifull,talented,witty and loving son of the Empress Farah.
What immens grief for mother and family,to loose a second child in a fashion most desperate of all.I am really shocked,my heart
and thoughts go out to the Imperial Family and to all who knew Ali Reza and loved him.May Allah grant you a place next to Him.

Prince Alireza Passes Away

I am really shocked to hear this news...My thoughts and prayers are with Farah Diba and her family..

Wonder if this is one of the reasons why Farah did not appear that often in public last year..

So so sad. I first heard the news at work and thought at first it was some kind of horrible hoax. I just couldn't imagine Her Majesty having to go through the loss of another child again. It's heartbreaking-my sympathies to the family.:sad::iranflag:

This is horrible news :sad:
My condolences to his family. Poor Empress Farah...

Horrible, horrible news! I'm so sorry for his family and friends.

Terrible news. I really pity Farah to lose two children like that.... I hope he has found peace.

How awful. The headline on Yahoo said "son of former Iranian shah found dead" and I said "Please dont let it be suicide". I can't imagine what Empress Farah and her family or going through, having to endure this for a second time. I hope he can finally find peace now.

Very, very sad news. I don't follow this family closely, but a suicide is a tragedy for any family. My condolences.:sad:

What a terrible tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Son of Iran shah commits suicide in US: family
(AFP)

Ali Reza's suicide is yet another tragedy in this courageous family.

I pray for strength for Farah, Reza and the rest of the family.

He was very handsome!

Last edited:
Does anyone knows if he was gay?

Why question that he was gay??? No, I found this on Wikipedia:

"On January 4, 2011, it was reported that Ali-Reza Pahlavi had committed suicide in his Boston apartment, and found by his recent fiance who heard the gun shot. The couple were expecting a child in the near future."

Only curiosity. There is a big problem with guns in United States, its very easy to buy a gun in United States. You only need your driver license.

Shocking news. I am repeating it only oh, my God!

Why question that he was gay??? No, I found this on Wikipedia:

"On January 4, 2011, it was reported that Ali-Reza Pahlavi had committed suicide in his Boston apartment, and found by his recent fiance who heard the gun shot. The couple were expecting a child in the near future."

Where did you read this? I looked at his Wikipedia profile, but there is no word about any fiance or expected child.

Such a sad news! It's a great loss for the family!

... and found by his recent fiance who heard the gun shot. The couple were expecting a child in the near future."
No sign of any fiance in the local newspaper. Where did you get your info?

I think we'll never know the answer regarding his private life.He was engaged,but some time ago ,so it's difficult to stand his preferences.
Anyway,maybe it's not a heart matter that caused suicide.

He was very handosome! Does anyone know if he was gay?

Impertinence!!How dare you ask at this time or any time for that matter.
Your total lack of manners is the most offensive post I have ever seen on this Forum,including my own!

I agree Totally with you Lucien.
Do you think he would have been the Iranian Heir after his older Brother who have daughters ?

Back
Top Bottom