Empress Farah Pahlavi: News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Layla@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:07 pm

There are great pics of the Empress, Prince Reza, and Princess Yasmine in www.ibl.com but......... I don't know what they have done to their new site. You used to be able to enlarge the pics by changing the word "grid" to "preview" in the URL. That doesn't work anymore. Anyone know what the new way is?
i've been having the same problem with that website. Its too bad because they usually have really good pictures, ones that aren't usually available on other sites

Merci sol anglada. The link worked.

Humera: whose lovely pic is that in your avatar? I have been meaning to ask you for a long time.

Hi, I'm not Humera but I think this picture is portrait of ex-Empress Soraya.

Sol

I think it is either a picture of Humeira herself or a Pakistani actress.

Originally posted by sol_anglada@Jun 11th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
Hi, I'm not Humera but I think this picture is portrait of ex-Empress Soraya.

Sol
Yes sol anglada, it is Soraya.

La la: whoever she is, she is very beautiful.

Originally posted by sol_anglada@Jun 12th, 2004 - 11:38 am
And why do you like so much Soraya?

Sol
Hmmmm, I can't say I like her as I never knew her in person. But being on a royal message board, I thought I'd choose her as she is one of the most beautiful royals, Iranian, and since she passed away a couple of years ago. Something like a tribute to her...

Also, I heard so much about her from my grand-parents and uncles etc. who had the pleasure of having met her. Everyone spoke about her stunning looks. That's about it really.

Originally posted by Ulika@Jun 19th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
do you know wat happend to missing shah money.... ?
Swiss banks...estimated at/rumoured to be 23 billion dollars. The money was never returned to the Iranian government since it is against Swiss banking policy to do so (although it was Iran's money and not the Shah's).

The Shah's son is said to have lost all his inheritance/fortune in a business deal with a guy who ripped him off.

23 billion dollars is lot :woot: :woot: :woot:

why Swiss bank cant give money back to Iran? :( :(

Has anyone read it? The bookcover is a loook a like of QN`s "leap of faith"...

Hi,
I have read it in French version. I must recognise that books of memories of HIM Empress Farah and HM Queen Noor are very different and fron my point of view the best one is the writen by the Shahbanou Farah. All the book is full of sincerity, reflexionl, love and also critizism. She sowhs to be a great woman, a great Queen.
Sol

If I can just remark on the differences between the Shahbanou and Queen Noor's books-I would imagine that Noor is very aware of the position of the monarchy in Jordan, and she didn't want to say anything in her book that may be misperceived in the country, and that might reflect badly on Abdullah, or on her own children. I think with the Empress, the idea of the monarchy being restored to Iran is perhaps more remote, and thus she could speak a little more freely. I have no doubt that she loved the late Shah very much, and that she wishes to keep his memory alive not only for her familiy's sake, but for those who would *like* to see a return of the Imperial family to Iran. Again, that's just my impression. Noor's book (and I like her personally) seemed more of a history thesis on Middle Eastern politics, and her husband's place in history, rather than an actual memoir.

I haven't read the book and dont plan on doing so. But I have seen Farah making tv appearances to promote her book. The whole story about a tragic queen thrown out of her country is all very sentimental, especially if you look at what has happened to Iran since the revolution. But the media has such a double-standard. They always fail to point out that Farah's husband's regime was far from democratic. The Shah was ruthless and quite hypocritical, anyone who knows about his views on women knows that. I fail to understand how Farah can be all sentimental and talk about 'enduring love' when I have seen her on tv sitting next to her husband with tears in her eyes while he gives a whole lecture on why women are essentially inferior to men and have never made any significant accomplishements in history. It seems to me that Farah is attempting to re-write history by projecting this image of herself and her husband's regime as progressive, democratic etc. I know when im being subjected to propaganda.
Granted the revolution has proven terrible for Iran but you cant ignore exactly why it happened...because the Shah's regime was extravagant and corrupt.
I dont mean to be too hard on her. Im sure she's been hurt by everything thats happened and has behaved gracefully. But Im not going to let that obscure the truth about her husband's regime.

In my opinion if we introduce political discussion we also should talk about the "democracy" in Jordan. Unfortunately Jordan is not today a democracy, there are a lot of luck of rights, human rights are constantly violated and, talking about the women idea and role, we know that in Jordan, today, it exist the right to kill the woman that is not loyal to her husband ..., so, in fact, women are considered citizens of seconth category ...
Sol

Originally posted by sol_anglada@Jul 17th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
In my opinion if we introduce political discussion we also should talk about the "democracy" in Jordan. Unfortunately Jordan is not today a democracy, there are a lot of luck of rights, human rights are constantly violated and, talking about the women idea and role, we know that in Jordan, today, it exist the right to kill the woman that is not loyal to her husband ..., so, in fact, women are considered citizens of seconth category ...
Sol
You're right ofcourse. But I wasn't making a comparison. The case of Jordan is similar to the late Shah's regime. The US supports a regime, even an undemocratic one, if its in America's interest. Thats what i mean by a double-standard. But thats a whole different discussion.

Originally posted by Jackswife@Jul 16th, 2004 - 12:00 pm
If I can just remark on the differences between the Shahbanou and Queen Noor's books-I would imagine that Noor is very aware of the position of the monarchy in Jordan, and she didn't want to say anything in her book that may be misperceived in the country, and that might reflect badly on Abdullah, or on her own children. I think with the Empress, the idea of the monarchy being restored to Iran is perhaps more remote, and thus she could speak a little more freely. I have no doubt that she loved the late Shah very much, and that she wishes to keep his memory alive not only for her familiy's sake, but for those who would *like* to see a return of the Imperial family to Iran. Again, that's just my impression. Noor's book (and I like her personally) seemed more of a history thesis on Middle Eastern politics, and her husband's place in history, rather than an actual memoir.
Well said. I agree with you, Wife of Jack.

Ok, I agree. However, I think is important to point out the enourmous work made by Emp0ress Farah during the time she was in Iran. I'm sure that if now she was in Tehran, with the current media, she would occupy covers around the war.

Sol

well perhaps she'd have done a lot more and would still be in Iran if she'd had a different husband :rolleyes:
I myself dont approve of progress through imposed westernization, thats not democracy.

Dear members,
A friend has told me that Spanish magazine called "Hola" appeared yesterday has an interview with HIM Empress Farah. Please, could some of you to insert here the contents of the interview? I understand a little Spanish, so it would be not problem for me.
Many thanks ...
Sol

Hello again, dear friends,
No body here is from Spain? Could som Spanish member to insert here the contents of the interview printed by Spanish magazine Hola to Empress Farah in the current week?
Thanks to all of you .........
Sol

HELP, PLEASE, I NEED TO HAVE THIS INTERVIEW, SO CAN YOU INSERT ALL THE INTERVIEW HERE?

THANKS AND THANKS TO THE MEMBER WHO DOES IT.

SOL

Sorry Josefine, my English is not very good, what do you mean with your message?

Thanks, Sol

Dear friends,

Do you have any news of the annual visit made by HIM the Shahbanou Farah to The Cayro last week, for remembering her loved husband HIM Shah Reza Pahlavi on his grave?

Thanks

Hello,
I think the event took place last July, 27th, at Raffai Mosquee, Cayro, Egypt.

Sol

About Empress Farah of Iran

Dedar friends,

I'm seriously worried about HIM Empress Farah of Iran. Every year she pays a visit at Rafai Mosquee, in Cayro, to pay an homage to her husband, the late Shah of Iran. However, this year I have not seen news about this anual trip, in Her Majesty's website there are no news about this.

Please, some of you could say something about this issue?

Many thanks.

Sol

Unfortunately, I have no news of the Empress's annual trip to Rafai. Perhaps, she has been delayed for some unforseen reason. But, I do hope she is well!

Deasr Julia

Dear Julia,

Many thanks for your answer. I'm really worried concerning Her Majesty because is not usual this long silence. Please, when you have some piece of news, post a message here.

Sol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom