The Schenk von Stauffenberg Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
{Edit Marengo on 18/04/2008} The von Stauffenbergs played a significant role in the German aristocratic opposition to Hitler and are related to several royal families, so I have moved posts to create a new thread about this family.

--

I wonder if anybody knows if/how Princess Alexandra of Hohenzollern (nee Countess Schenk von Stauffenberg) is related to the late count Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg (the one who tried to kill Hitler).

Last edited:
I can actually, it appears that her grandfather and his father were brothers. Interesting to see that the widow of Claus von Stauffenberg is still alive, did she ever give any interviews?

... Interesting to see that the widow of Claus von Stauffenberg is still alive, did she ever give any interviews?
Nina Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg died in April 2006. Here is the London Telegraph obituary.

The Times Online obit states "Nina for the most part maintained a dignified silence. But she gave some interviews, saying in one that she had seen her role as offering her husband support — “not standing in his way and not burdening him”. He had, she said, consciously taken a heroic path."

Here the trailer of the movie 'Valkyrie' that Tom Cruise made about Count Clemens Schenk von Stauffenberg:

YouTube - Valkyrie trailer

Tom Cruise plays the count (a miscast IMO) while his wife is played by Dutch actress Carice van Houten.

This week's Spiegel Magazine includes an interview with the youngest Stauffenberg daughter Konstanze von Schulthess, 63, who has written a very personal portrait of her mother Nina Stauffenberg. You can see this interview also in the "EinesTages" section of the Spiegel website. It is called "Heldin im Hintergrund" (Hero in the background) and includes several family pictures:

"Heldin im Hintergrund" - einestages

Tom Cruise plays the count (a miscast IMO) while his wife is played by Dutch actress Carice van Houten.

And a true grandson of the count Philipp von Schulthess played an adjutant. Astonishing resemblance to his grandfather.

Philipp von Schulthess and his mother Konstanze von Schultess were guests of Reinhold Beckmann (ARD) this Monday. There is a link for a video on the Beckmann Website:

DasErste.de - Beckmann - Konstanze von Schulthess und Philipp von Schulthess

Last edited:
Here the trailer of the movie 'Valkyrie' that Tom Cruise made about Count Clemens Schenk von Stauffenberg:

YouTube - Valkyrie trailer

Clemens? I thought his name was Claus?

In any event, his son loathes Tom Cruise and [url=http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2043904,00.html]states[/URL] the film will be an utter disaster. Meanwhile, his grandson, Caspar Graf von Stauffenberg, is more optimistic. [url=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/German%20Royalty/mfb-hitler-adolf-stauffenberg-boden.jpg]Here[/URL] is a rare photo of Claus and Adolf.

Greetings everyone. I am new around here. I was hoping that someone might be able to steer me in the right direction.

My Mother recently passed away and while I was going through her stuff I came across several items that belonged to a very eccentric friend of hers who went by the name Frank Schenk von Stauffenberg. I met him a few times and he apparently claimed to be a nephew of Claus. So far I am having trouble verifying that information.

I always assumed he was making that all up but now I am not so sure. He left several items with my mom that I have recently found. Some of them are leather bound books with his name and a family crest stamped into them. Where might I go to find out if this is all legitimate?

My apologies if this is not the proper use of this forum.

Carla Harrington

Back
Top Bottom