Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

renats

Aristocracy
WrttembergRoyalStandard1894-1918.gif

Royal Standard 1894-1918

The Royal House of Württemberg

Duke of Württemberg 1485
Elector 1803
King of Württemberg 1806 to 1918

The current Head of the Royal House is HRH Carl (Karl III), Duke of Württemberg, born 1936.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

I am looking for pics.​

Last edited by a moderator:
have a look at the 'marie von wied/ von würrtemberg theard'
have a look at the wedding thread of fleur von würrtemberg, there are pictures of the children

Wow! Marie's kids are adorable! Specially the girls! ;) I'll look at the others later. Thanks! :flower:

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 3:00 am
have a look at the 'marie von wied/ von würrtemberg theard'
have a look at the wedding thread of fleur von würrtemberg, there are pictures of the children
Do you know where Fleur's wedding thread is?

By the way, the boy, Marie's son, I'm sure I saw him in a magazine before. It was something about the French and Brazilian royal families gathering(they're actually the same family). I'll scan his picture when I find the mag.

By the way, My friend told me that a few years ago she saw pictures of Diana with a bunch of little granddaughters in Ibiza(if I'm not mistaken). Do any of you have them? And I saw one pic of them a little bigger. They were in the floor weddding big dresses. And I also can't find that one.

Royal House of Württemberg

the duchess of wurttemburg seems to be a rather high-strung individual.very artsy and a sort of royal rebel in her day.does anyone have information about her personality,her likes and dislikes,how she likes to spend her liesure time.i understand that her mother-in-law was not to fond of her and that she is not exactly the most loved of the orleans princesses.the late countess of paris seemed to spend a great deal of time with her daughter,were they particularly close.thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this because information on the duchess seems to be in short supply.

I think Diane was closer to her father than to her mother.

I don't know a lot about her hobbies, apart that she sculpts and is very interested in art.

Soory, I posted the news in the wrong place (in the section about Japan: can an adminstrator delete the post): count Moritz von Goess and countesse Fleur, née duchess von Wurttemberg, are waiting their first child. The baby is due in October.

I am sorry for my ignorance, but who are these people? I have never heard of them.

Originally posted by Princepessa@May 12th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
I am sorry for my ignorance, but who are these people? I have never heard of them.
Duchess Fleur von Wurttemberg is the daughter of duke Carl and duchess Diane, née princesse Diane de France, daughter of the late comte de Paris and sister of the actual heir to the french throne.

Originally posted by Danielane+May 13th, 2004 - 3:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Danielane @ May 13th, 2004 - 3:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Princepessa@May 12th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
Duchess Fleur von Wurttemberg is the daughter of duke Carl and duchess Diane, née princesse Diane de France, daughter of the late comte de Paris and sister of the actual heir to the french throne. [/b][/quote]
I think the legitimists and the supporters of Prince Napolean would perhaps disagree with the last part of your statement (I'm neither, btw!) :))

But yes, the Duchess is the sister of the Orleans claimant to the French throne. And In case the previous poster isn't aware, prior to 1918 Wurttemberg was a Kingdom. Today it is a part of the German Republic.
:flower:

Originally posted by Sean.~+May 13th, 2004 - 4:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ May 13th, 2004 - 4:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Danielane@May 13th, 2004 - 3:21 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Princepessa
@May 12th, 2004 - 5:20 pm

Duchess Fleur von Wurttemberg is the daughter of duke Carl and duchess Diane, née princesse Diane de France, daughter of the late comte de Paris and sister of the actual heir to the french throne.
I think the legitimists and the supporters of Prince Napolean would perhaps disagree with the last part of your statement (I'm neither, btw!) :))

But yes, the Duchess is the sister of the Orleans claimant to the French throne. And In case the previous poster isn't aware, prior to 1918 Wurttemberg was a Kingdom. Today it is a part of the German Republic.
:flower: [/b][/quote]
Well, it will maybe surprise you, but I'm not royalist, I'm a republican, so I have no idea of which should be king of France. I'm just a french girl who loves genealogy and is very interessed in royals's genealogy and history.

Originally posted by Danielane+May 13th, 2004 - 4:21 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Danielane @ May 13th, 2004 - 4:21 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Princepessa@May 12th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
Duchess Fleur von Wurttemberg is the daughter of duke Carl and duchess Diane, née princesse Diane de France, daughter of the late comte de Paris and sister of the actual heir to the french throne. [/b][/quote]
Thanks! :flower:

Just wondering. When we are seeing so much of the Count and Countess of Paris's family (the big Orleans family) members on news and websites, howcome there are almost nothing about Princes and Princess Napolean???

Originally posted by Poppy@May 14th, 2004 - 4:30 am
Just wondering. When we are seeing so much of the Count and Countess of Paris's family (the big Orleans family) members on news and websites, howcome there are almost nothing about Princes and Princess Napolean???
I think that the Imperial family is more discret than the Orleans family.

Here is a Photo of Diane . Its dated from December 2003

Attachments

• 2003 - Dezember - Diane 1.jpg
    2003 - Dezember - Diane 1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 6,246
More Diane

Pics of HRH The Duchess of Wurttemberg wearing a couple of tiaras from the (extensive) Wurttemberg collection.

Attachments

• Wurttemberg Ruby Tiara.jpg
    Wurttemberg Ruby Tiara.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 7,944
  • Wurttemberg Sapphire & Diamond Tiara.JPG
    Wurttemberg Sapphire & Diamond Tiara.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,619
Didn't she have numerous affairs? I recall reading King Juan Carlos was suppose to be the father of Fluer and because of this affair Queen Sofia didn't attend the wedding. And since the King goes to so few weddings, the Queen usually attends, that definitely added fuel to the flame.

Duke Michael apparently engaged to a COMMONER!

On another board it was announced that Duke Michael, aged about 43 years, is engaged to a commoner named Julia Storz (or someone like that). Nothing special known about her so far. The poster mentioned that the engagement was announced in some newspaper of the Baden-Wuerttemberg area.
If it´s true I wonder what Diane will say. She insists so badly on social differences and this would become her first child-in-law that isn´t noble!

How many children does Duchess Diane have? Also, is Michael the last of her children to marry? Thank you.

The Royal Family

paloma said:
How many children does Duchess Diane have? Also, is Michael the last of her children to marry? Thank you.
The family of Duke Carl and Duchess Diane:

Friedrich, Hereditary Duke of Württemberg, b 1961, m Princess Marie of Wied
Duchess Mathilde, b 1962, m Erich, Erbgraf von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchberg
Duke Eberhard, b 1963, unmarried
Duke Philipp, b 1964, m Duchess Marie Caroline in Bavaria
Duke Michael, b 1965, engaged to Julia Storz
Duchess Fleur, b 1977, m Count Moritz von Goess

Is it known whether or not Eberhard has a significant other?
There is such a huge age gap between the the oldest children and Fleur. She came along rather late.

paloma said:
Is it known whether or not Eberhard has a significant other?
There is such a huge age gap between the the oldest children and Fleur. She came along rather late.

Some people said, and Diane seemed to have confirmed it, that Fleur wasn't duke Karl's daughter but king Juan Carlos's one.

Is this the reason that Queen Sophia did not attend Fleurs wedding?
When did Diane seem to confirm this story?

Danielane said:
Some people said, and Diane seemed to have confirmed it, that Fleur wasn't duke Karl's daughter but king Juan Carlos's one.

When and why did she confirm it?

poor Karl, he should have listened to his parents and have married Diane's sister Anne.

I am not sure if Fleur is Juan-Carlos daughter, but she is definately not Karls, Karl and Diane are both blue eyed while Fleur has brown eyes (genetically this is not possible). I always thought that it was the deceased father of Luis-Alfonso de Borbon (so-called Duke of Anjou) who was the father (only heard rumours about this). Apparently Sofia vetoed the marital prospects of Elena and duke Eberhard of Wurttemberg (Diane hinted this) btw.

I am glad her son is marrying a commoner, she was snubbing her (far more agreable) sister Anne -married to infante Carlos of Spain, Duke of Calabria, for the marriages of her children in her strange biography (I pity the fiancee though).

btw, the King of Spain is godfather to Fleur, that could explain his presence at the wedding as well.

Marengo said:
I am glad her son is marrying a commoner, she was snubbing her (far more agreable) sister Anne -married to infante Carlos of Spain, Duke of Calabria, for the marriages of her children in her strange biography (I pity the fiancee though).
Why do you call it strange? Can you elaborate please?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom