Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first, the stye of the author does not appeal to me, he uses every word he could find to praise Diane in all possible ways. Furthermore, the way she tells things reminds me of Queen Marie of Roumania, she is so full of herself (but without Missy's sense of humour btw), always the victim etc. And the lady has som strange stories (for example about a painting which fell from a wall, which she relates to her mother or father dying) and some nasty remarks (f.e. to her sister Anne and her suspicion towards Queen Sophia's veto on Elena and Eberhard). She tends to forget her own vices and wrongdoings.

It is possible to have parents who have blue and green eyes to have a brown eyed child. I'm a good example, as my father has bright blue eyes and my mother, green. The brown eyes come from a grandmother.

Diane sounds like quite the elitest snob.

Marengo said:
I am not sure if Fleur is Juan-Carlos daughter, but she is definately not Karls, Karl and Diane are both blue eyed while Fleur has brown eyes (genetically this is not possible). I always thought that it was the deceased father of Luis-Alfonso de Borbon (so-called Duke of Anjou) who was the father (only heard rumours about this). Apparently Sofia vetoed the marital prospects of Elena and duke Eberhard of Wurttemberg (Diane hinted this) btw.

How is it not possible that 2 brown eyed adults can not have a blue eyed child? Without getting into 2 much detail if each parent would have to have 1 brown eyed gene and 1 blue eyed gene. In order for the child to inherit the blue eyes both blue eyed gene's from each parent would have to be passed onto the kid, then it would be possible that they inherit blue eyes, granted its rare but not impossible. If one parent passed on thier brown eyed gene and the other parent passed on thier blue eyed gene then the child would have brown eyes since brown is the dominant gene. Two parents with brown eyes that have a child with blue eyes is almost like having blond hair and brown eyes or red hair and brown eyes - very unlikely but not impossible. I hope this wasn't to confusing. :p

Lashinka, you got it the wrong way. It's not two brown eyed parents having a blue-eyed daughter, it's the contrary.

paloma said:
It is possible to have parents who have blue and green eyes to have a brown eyed child. I'm a good example, as my father has bright blue eyes and my mother, green. The brown eyes come from a grandmother.
Paloma it is not surprising that your eyes are brown, because you state that your mother has green eyes. Without entering into details, if she has green eyes, that means she has at least one 'brown eye' gene.
But it is still very surprising that a child of two blue eyed people has brown eyes. I would not say it is totally impossible (nothing is quite impossible in genetics) but definitely very unlikely.

duchess of wurttemberg

does any one have any information on duchess diane of wurttemberg? I sure would love some info on her. pictures of her wedding and stuff like that. tanya

Was the marriage of Duke Karl and Duchess Diane arranged or did they just happen to fall in love?

tanya said:
does any one have any information on duchess diane of wurttemberg? I sure would love some info on her. pictures of her wedding and stuff like that. tanya

What kind of information are you wanting? Familial, professional, anecdotal, gossip? She is the daughter of the late Comte the Paris and Isabel Orleans Braganca, married to Duke Carl of Wurrtemberg since 1960, has a very hones sense of what is de riguer and what is not, is quite controversial, has allegedly had numerous affairs (see her recent autobiography co-authored by Stephan Bern, IIRC, in French), is an accomplished artist and sculptor. You can see wedding and familial pics at the following link.

http://members.fortunecity.com/verenad/DianeO.html

Last edited:
Danielane said:
Some people said, and Diane seemed to have confirmed it, that Fleur wasn't duke Karl's daughter but king Juan Carlos's one.

Well, I don't know if it is true or not, but I always thought so. It has been rumored so for ages. Fleur was conceived around the time she allegedly had her affair with him. Juan Carlos is her godfather, she spent time with the RF when she was studying (IIRC) in Spain (I have a pic of Juan Carlos carrying in a Birthday cake singing happy birthday to Fleur), and he made a point of attending her wedding -- he attends very few abroad. Moreover, Sofia is said not to like Diane and distrusts her.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Sofia put the brakes on a potential relationship of Elena and Eberhard?

Duchess Diana of Wurttemberg

From Imagine :

Mallorca, Spain
Diana of France, Duchess of Würtemberg opened the doors of her residence of Esporles, in the island of Mallorca, known as " Lis flower" where she spent
Christmas. She is having the grandchild number 13th that will be a girl and
the second child for her daughter Fleur. Married with the Duke of Würtemberg
This active woman shared her plans for the celebration of the 70th birthday
of her husband and her new artistic projects. She keeps working in her
sculptures and in her charity work that will take her to Nepal to supervise
a social project done with her donations

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diane61yu.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diane59cc.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diane48du.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diane33sy.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diane20oh.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diane17lq.jpg

Wurttember's New Year Reception
January 16, 2006
Altshausen, Germany

(from seegerpress)

Fleur´s baby

Does anybody know whether she gave birth already? Duke Carl was to have said on new years reception that she´s already due in mid february.

paloma said:
Is there any truth to the rumour that Sofia put the brakes on a potential relationship of Elena and Eberhard?

Well, I don't know if there's any truth or not, but Françoise Laot in her book about the spanish Royal family said that Sofia put the brakes... because she didn't like the duchess of Wutemberg.

Last edited:
Saturn said:
Well, I don't know if there's any truth or not, but Françoise Laot in her book about the spanish Royal family said that Sofia put the brakes... because she didn't like the duchess of Wutemberg.

IIRC, the Duchess also said as much in her (rather odd) autobiography.

Sean.~ said:
IIRC, the Duchess also said as much in her (rather odd) autobiography.

It seems Sofia couldn't support the idea that the son of an ex-mistress of her husband would marry Elena. The two women can't simply stand each other.

Danielane said:
It seems Sofia couldn't support the idea that the son of an ex-mistress of her husband would marry Elena. The two women can't simply stand each other.

Well, who can blame her (Sofia)? I'd probably be the same.

Sean.~ said:
Well, who can blame her (Sofia)? I'd probably be the same.

If the two were really in love, it's crual (in my opinion) to forbid a wedding because of the parents.

Danielane said:
If the two were really in love, it's crual (in my opinion) to forbid a wedding because of the parents.

I don't think they were. It would have been an 'arranged' marriage of sorts. It was Diane that was pushing for it, IIRC.

Herzogin Marie von Württemberg published a book

from seeger

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 516
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 436
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 471
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Does anyone have family pictures of Albrecht of Württemberg and Nadejda of Bulgaria?

It´s a stupid rumour that queen sofia couldn´t stand the duchess of württemberg.
sofia and juan carlos are good friends of the familymebers of the house of württemberg

Attachments

• sofia spanien württemberg.jpg
    sofia spanien württemberg.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 744
seegherpress

also at the Württemberg new year's reception 2006

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00148274.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148274.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 430
  • pre-SEEGER00148279.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148279.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 543
  • pre-SEEGER00153742.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153742.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 469
  • pre-SEEGER00153744.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153744.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 475
  • pre-SEEGER00153746.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153746.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 492
  • pre-SEEGER00153748.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153748.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 498
  • pre-SEEGER00153750.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153750.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 497
  • pre-SEEGER00153751.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00153751.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 452
I.G.H. said:
It´s a stupid rumour that queen sofia couldn´t stand the duchess of württemberg.
sofia and juan carlos are good friends of the familymebers of the house of württemberg

So,this 1960's picture is proof of that?A lot of water has flown down the Rhine since.....among other matters......

lucien said:
So,this 1960's picture is proof of that?A lot of water has flown down the Rhine since.....among other matters......

And the Duchess of W has basically said so her self that Sofia and her don't get along, and that the latter vetoed the marriage of her son Eberhard with Infanta Elena.

On August 1, 2006, Duke Carl of Wurttemberg celebrate his 70th birthday with his family at Altshausen.

here's photos from seegerpress :

1 - Duke Carl von Württemberg & Duchess Diane von Württemberg with family
2 - Graf Moritz von Goess & son, Graf Zeno Fleur
7&8 - Duke Carl von Württemberg with brother, Duke Ludwig und Schwester Schwestern v.l. Markgräfin Helene von Pallavicini & Duchess Marie Therese von Clermont und von Mortain Frankreich & Princess Elisabeth von Bourbon Borbon - Sizilien
9 - Duke Wilhelm Friedrich von Württemberg & cousins, Sophie & Pauline
10 - Countess Fleur von Goess (geb. Countess) von Württemberg & daughter, Baby Countess Flaminia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom