Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolence to the House of Wurttemberg and the Duchess. It must be hard to loose the husband after more then 60years... I wonder if his grandson will be the new Head of the House or his Son Michael. A previously posted Link says: "Around two years ago he handed over day-to-day business to his son Michael" Maybe he thought his Grandson is to young..

Grandson Wilhelm will be Head of the House. Uncle Michael will probably run business operations for the forseeable future.

Grandson Wilhelm will be Head of the House. Uncle Michael will probably run business operations for the forseeable future.

Fingers crossed there is no ugly family struggle 10 years from now...

I wonder if his grandson will be the new Head of the House or his Son Michael. A previously posted Link says: "Around two years ago he handed over day-to-day business to his son Michael" Maybe he thought his Grandson is to young..

It is his grandson who is the new head of the House. Duke Michal has taken over the managing of the Hofkammer (which administraters the posessions of the Family). When he took over Duke Wilhelm was still studying and it was said after finishing he would first get experiences in other firms before taking it over.

It is his grandson who is the new head of the House. Duke Michal has taken over the managing of the Hofkammer (which administraters the posessions of the Family). When he took over Duke Wilhelm was still studying and it was said after finishing he would first get experiences in other firms before taking it over.
Thank you!

Disappearance? I hope that's not what is says because if would be rather concerning if he disappeared and nobody has any clue where he is but he is presumed death (the S-W-B's know how complicated that makes life - next to not knowing if to mourn or to keep hope). I assume he said 'passing' (or something similar that indicates his death rather than his disappearance).
Disparition translates as disappearance, passing and demise.

Fingers crossed there is no ugly family struggle 10 years from now...

Given that uncle Michael doesn't have any children to pass anything onto, it seems less likely that he will want to claim what isn't his to claim. He is only the youngest son and Xth in the line of succession to the headship.

New Head of the family: Duke Wilhelm (b. 1994)

Line of succession to headship (if morganatic marriages are not a disqualification; if they are Eberhard, Alexander and Michael himself would be excluded):
1. Duke Eberhard (b. 1962; morganatic marriage; uncle of Wilhelm; second son of duke Carl)
2. Duke Alexander (b. 2010; cousin of Wilhelm; only son/child of Eberhard)

3. Duke Philipp (b. 1963 - married to Duchess Marie-Caroline in Bavaria, sister of the Hereditary princess of Liechtenstein; uncle of Wilhelm; third son of duke Carl)
4. Duke Carl (b. 1999; cousin of Wilhelm; only son of Philipp)
5. Duke Michael (b. 1965; morganatic marriage)

Disparition translates as disappearance, passing and demise.

Thanks, so the English translation provided was the problem; not the original statement by the Count of Paris.

Given that uncle Michael doesn't have any children to pass anything onto, it seems less likely that he will want to claim what isn't his to claim. He is only the youngest son and Xth in the line of succession to the headship.

New Head of the family: Duke Wilhelm (b. 1994)

Line of succession to headship (if morganatic marriages are not a disqualification; if they are Eberhard, Alexander and Michael himself would be excluded):
1. Duke Eberhard (b. 1962; morganatic marriage; uncle of Wilhelm; second son of duke Carl)
2. Duke Alexander (b. 2010; cousin of Wilhelm; only son/child of Eberhard)

3. Duke Philipp (b. 1963 - married to Duchess Marie-Caroline in Bavaria, sister of the Hereditary princess of Liechtenstein; uncle of Wilhelm; third son of duke Carl)
4. Duke Carl (b. 1999; cousin of Wilhelm; only son of Philipp)
5. Duke Michael (b. 1965; morganatic marriage)

Duke Michael is in line as he was given the permssion of his father for his marriage (first under conditions but later it was full recognized). Not sure aboput eberhard but his son is not in line as he was beorn before his parents marriage.
After Duke Michael comes also Dukes Eugen and Alexander, cousins of Duke Carl but both are unmarried and without descendans.

She is the spitting image of her mother.

The funeral Service will be televised on German TV channel SWR on July 2nd from 10.30h a.m - 12.30 h a.m
There will be attendands from Belgium, Spain, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein and the Netherlands. About 1.000 guests are expected to come!

The funeral Service will be televised on German TV channel SWR on July 2nd from 10.30h a.m - 12.30 h a.m
There will be attendands from Belgium, Spain, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein and the Netherlands. About 1.000 guests are expected to come!
SWR mentions that Hereditary Prince Alois and Fürst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein are expected and that Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa are invited (but not if they attend).

I doubt that were will be someone of Spain attending as none attended the funeral of Duke Friedrich in 2018 but would be pleasantly surprised if someone comes

King Juan Carlos is the godfather of Duchess Fleur, the younger daughter of the deceased. He attended her wedding in 2003.

King Juan Carlos is the godfather of Duchess Fleur, the younger daughter of the deceased. He attended her wedding in 2003.
He also attended the 60th birthday celebrations of Duchess Diane in 2000. But i doubt he will attend tomorrow.

I don't think anybody from The Netherlands attended the funeral of duke Friedrich either so I am surprised to see them mentioned now. IIRC some of the younger children of Duke Carl attended the 60th birthday of Queen Beatrix and the wedding of WA and Maxima. I don't think the Wurttemberg's attended the funerals of Claus, Juliana and Bernhard either.

I wonder if, after a suitable time, the grandson will move into Schloss Altshausen. I hope so because I hope he rises to the occasion.

I wonder if, after a suitable time, the grandson will move into Schloss Altshausen. I hope so because I hope he rises to the occasion.

Could also be that he waits till he marries and starts a Family.

I have no word in english to say how I was impressed with the Funerals of Duke Carl. Thanks to Noblesse et Royautés I saw it too late on www.swr.de/friedrichshafen
They needed one month to organize the Celebration of the Funerals of the Head of one of the famous German Houses. But Here the Duke who should be his Heir passed away in a car Crash.
On the first Place right Duke Wilhelm , the Heir , next to him Duchess Diane , a Duke, Duchess Marie , a Duke and Duchess Mathilde.
On the left two Head of State , Prince Hans Adam of Liechtenstein , next to him his daughter in law and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and other Royals. We never saw them , probabely asked by the Family . The Ladies wore black Mantillas.
Before his coffin with the flag of the W, 12 Orders and the Most important the Order of the Golden Fleece. Above his Coffin blue small flowers and a small cucifix on it, probabely his..
Music was part of the Requiem of Mozart.
The best of Royals Celebration which happen in Germany ! Bravo .

Last edited:
It is sad , no interest for german Royals.!!
The Comte de Paris , Princess Marie of Liechtenstein and her husband did attend . Their Mother is the sister of Duke Carl and Duchess Diane is the Sister if their late Farther. .

Did the Duchess of Montpensier attend? He was her brother.
From the gallery out of Duchess Diane and her grandson and heir and the Grand-Duc of Luxembourg I can't recognize anyone else.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Montpensier should be sitting wearing a mask ?
How was the relationship between Furst Hans Adam of Liechtenstein ans the late Duke Carl ? Next to him the first Lady of Liechtenstein , his daughter in law , born Princess of Baviere.

Noblesse et Royautés published pictures of the Duchesse de Montpensier , Duke Carl Sister (with a black masque) , the Comte de Paris . Sisters and Brothers of Duchess Diane attended also the Requiem Mass..

Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, is the sister of Duchess Marie Caroline in Bavaria, who is married to Duke Philip of Württemberg, third son of the deceased Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom