Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1965 Duke Ludwig Wilhelm adopted Prince Max Emanuel who became Head of the Ducal Line in 1973.

The former Ducal Line is as follows:

Maximilian, Duke in Bavaria (1808-1888) > Karl Theodor, Duke in Bavaria (1839-1909) > Ludwig Wilhelm, Duke in Bavaria (1884-1968)
Maximilian, Duke in Bavaria (1808-1888) > Maximilian > Luitpold, Duke in Bavaria (1890-1973)

Max Emanuel is the second son of the late Albrecht, Duke of Bavaria and Head of the Royal House.
A similar situation will arise again as Duke Max Emanuel has no sons. At some stage, if it hasn't already been decided, a new heir to the Ducal Line will presumably be named.

And in the same year of the death of her youngest brother Franz Joseph; very very sad for her mother, to lose two children and a grandson in the same months...

Oh, MAfan, I had not realized this, but of course you are right. I had thought about poor Crown Prince Rupprecht, who lost his wife and three children in the course of a few years... and little Albrecht, who lost his mother and all three of his siblings. These early losses must have shaped him, in one way or another, for the rest of his life.

But, as a mother, I cannot imagine losing two children (and a grandchild) within the same year. For most of us, these would be terrible, devastating losses.

I have a question about the Bavarian titles "Prinz von Bayern" and "Herzog in Bayern". Now I am reading the book "Wittelsbacher Schicksale" by Wolfgang Müller. There is a part which explains how the title "Herzog in Bayern" was created. After looking at the wikipedia-entry of Max Emanuel, I saw that he is titled "Prinz von Bayern, Herzog in Bayern". Are the two branches of "Herzog in Bayern" and "Prinz von Bayern" reunited? And if, when has it happened?

Because there where no male heirs in the Ducal line the last Duke in Bavaria, Duke Ludwig Wilhelm adopted Prince Max Emanuel of Bavaria, (second son of the Head of the Royal line, Duke Albrecht) who is after common law now Duke in Bavaria but keeps the title Prince of Bavaria according to the House Law.

Last edited:
Max and Elisabeth in Bayern (pics 1-3) and Prince Leopold
'Poldi' von Bayern and wife Ursula (pic 4) attend the 'Salzburg
Festival Opening' with opera Theodora at Felsenreitschule on
July 25, 2009 in Salzburg, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Is Leopold wearing a green jacket???

:previous:Alice of Bavaria and Lukas of Auersperg aren't married yet :) The wedding will take place on August 29.

Was there a Montgelas Wedding recently?
Marie-Sophie countess von Montegelas married Ari (I don't know his last name though) on July 11th at castle Tüßling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Leopold von Bayern took part in the classic car
rally "Hamburg - Berlin - Klassik" in Germany on August
20, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Bernadette Fischer-Stabauer, nee Countess Kornis de Göncz-Ruszka, daughter of Marie Therese princess of Bavaria and Tamas count Kornis de Göncz-Ruszka, gave birth yesterday, September 14th 2009 to her daughter Franziska Fischer Stabauer. It is the fourth child for her, and her husband Klaus Fischer-Stabauer.

Beatitudo, do you happen to know the birthdate of Franziska's brother Cornelius born in 2008?
I am looking also for the bithdate of their cousin Filippa Fischer-Stabauer.
Thanks for any information!

Cornelius was born on the 5th of May in 2008, and his cousin Filippa on the 23rd of July in 2007.

Something interesting maybe: Cornelius godparents are two of his uncles, Ferenc Count Kornis de Göncz-Ruszka and Mauricio-Gabriel Roberto Afif prince of Sachsen-Gessaph.
Fillipas godparents are Istvan Maria Benedikt Josef count Kornis de Göncz-Ruszka and Mariettie Wassibauer.

It is a family tradition the children receive their godparents name. I am just not sure in which order it is in Cornelius case ...

Manuel Prince von Bayern and Anna Princess von Bayern arrive
for the church wedding of Barbara Schoeneberger, a German
TV lady and Maximilian von Schierstaedt at the church of Rambow
on October 3, 2009 in Rambow, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Duchess Elisabeth in Bayern and her husband Daniel Terberger arrive
for the 'Tribute To Bambi 2009' at The Station on October 9, 2009 in
Berlin, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

What about the parents of Prince Ludwig of Barvaria, 26, was his father's marriage to Wiegand considered morganatic? :ermm:
At first the marriages of Prince Luitpold, Prince Leopold (Poldi) and Prince Adalbert where morganatic but in 1999 Duke Franz and the Family Council recognized the marriages as dynastic.

Last edited:
Could someone find for me a picture of the wedding of Prince Albert of Belgium with Princess Elisabeth of Baviera (daughter of Duke Theodore) in 1900 ?? Thanks a lot.

Elizabeth in Bayern and Daniel Terberger attend the 'Innocence In
Danger' Photocall and Reception on November 22, 2009 in Berlin,
Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Leopold von Bayern and Princess Ursula von Bayern attend
the funeral of Petra Schuermann (Miss World 1956 and later a
German moderator) on January 19, 2010 in Starnberg, Germany.

-------> Pic

:previous:
I have no idea of the relationship between this branch of the Bavarian Royal Family and the deceased but it's noteworthy that five Wittelsbach Royal Highnesses take the place of honour directly following the pallbearers and coffin in MAfan's excellent photograph of the funeral procession.

Both the family of Prince Leopold and Mrs Schuermann lived since a lot of time in Starnberg, that is quite a small town, so I guess they knew each other, perhaps they were friends.

Both the family of Prince Leopold and Mrs Schuermann lived since a lot of time in Starnberg, that is quite a small town, so I guess they knew each other, perhaps they were friends.
Petra Schuermann and Princess Ursula were friends for quite a long time. i think 40 years. they met in munich and shared a flat once.

Duchess Elisabeth in Bayern and her husband Daniel Terberger
attended the birthday party of Princess Gloria of Thurn und
Taxis the Maxim's in Paris, France, April 30, 2010. On pic 2
you can also see Prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Duchess Maria Anna in Bayern and her husband Klaus Runow had a son Heinrich, born in Munich on May 3rd 2010.

Source: Netty on Nobiliana BAG 2010

What nice news and what a traditional and royal name!
Thanks for the update, sjetajiem!

Prince Leopold von Bayern prepares to take part in this year's Italian
road race, the 'Mille Miglie', which goes from Brescia to Rome and back
in three days. He will be driving a rare BMW 328 Brescia, Italy, May 6,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom