Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceflower, thanks for photos, but I love the most of all these photos the car behind Prince Leopold!)))

Princess Alice of Bavaria b. June 25th 1981 will marry Prince Lukas of Auersperg b. August 27 1981 on August 29 2009.

Check this out.
Auersperg
His paternal grandparents are Prince Franz of Auersperg and Princess Theodora zur Lippe-Weissenfeld.

Is the the only unmarried daughter of Duke Max ??
So the marries well his 5 daughters

No, the unmarried daughter of duke Max is Duchess Helene in Bavaria. Princess Alice of Bavaria is the daughter of prince Luitpold and Beatrix Wiegland. Her father will succeed duke Franz/Max eventually as he is the eldest son of the late prince Ludwig and princess Irmingard of Bavaria.

Bavarian genealogy, here.

Marie-Isabell countess of Kuefstein (Daughter of Elisabeth Princess of Bavaria) announced her engagement to Franz Georg Sethy de Bicske. They will marry next year at Castle Greillenstein, where the the bride grew up.

The bride is very young, only 22...what about the groom?

Marie-Isabell countess of Kuefstein (Daughter of Elisabeth Princess of Bavaria) announced her engagement to Franz Georg Sethy de Bicske. They will marry next year at Castle Greillenstein, where the the bride grew up.

What is your source for this. Thanks

The bride is very young, only 22...what about the groom?

Franz Georg Sethy de Bicske b. 1980 to Countess Christiane Schall-Riaucour and Andreas Sethy de Biccske. Christiane is the daughter of Princess Franziska von Croy and Count Josef Schall Riaucour. Christiane has three older Children with Andreas, Gabrielle b. 1971, Johanna b. 1973, Anton b. 1976. Im not sure if any of her Children are Married or have children of their own.

I find it kind of interesting that the family was told to wear black for the next few weeks as a symbol of mourning by the Wittelsbacher Zentrale.

`` The Wittelsbacher Zentrale``....lol,...you mean Franzl´s office?

`` The Wittelsbacher Zentrale``....lol,...you mean Franzl´s office?

Well it was referred to as "Wittelsbacher Zentrale" when a family member told me about it.

Maybe it's not the right term, but it was the one which was used by somebody who belongs to the family himself. I don't know whether they call it like that, or whether it was just him. Either way, I got the impression it was the correct term.

But that's no reason to make fun of me? :neutral: I just thought somebody might find it interesting.

Oh but I am not making fun of you,just found the Zentrale a funny expression when referring to the Head of the House because it can
hardly mean anything/anyone else,dass ist alles:)

And it is interesting so please do continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see :) I thought you were laughing about my lack of knowledge.
I will continue to post news, since I got really fascinated by this family. It's a whole new world to me and I keep being surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie-Bernadette countess Kornis de Göncz-Ruszka (eldest daughter of Maria-Theresia princess of Bavaria) and her husband Klaus Fischer-Stabauer are expecting their fourth child.

You have to get used to dear Lucien. He's quite harmless. Well, most of the time. :D
More seriously, we do appreciate you providing us with whatever information that discretion allows.

It's interesting to know that the Wittelsbachs still to this day recognise and "obey" the authority of the Head of the House, even when it comes to dress code.
Although I don't speak German I find the term "Wittelsbacher Zentrale" for Duke Franz and his office amusing, and telling.
Thanks for sharing this with us. :flowers:

Marie-Bernadette countess Kornis de Göncz-Ruszka (eldest daughter of Maria-Theresia princess of Bavaria) and her husband Klaus Fischer-Stabauer are expecting their fourth child.
Yet their fourth child??? but Maria Teresa is only 52, so Marie Bernadette may be 30 years old...and she's expecting her fourth child...

Yet their fourth child??? but Maria Teresa is only 52, so Marie Bernadette may be 30 years old...and she's expecting her fourth child...

Yes, she turns 31 this year. There are Antonius, Clarissa and Cornelius, and now she is expecting the fourth baby :) Her younger sister is 27 and has three children of her own. But they are really adorable wonderful children. They do a great job raising them.

@Warren: :) Thank you!

Yes, they are still really traditional when it comes to some rules.

Well, my congratulations to both the sisters; is not common in these times that in a so young age a woman has three or four children...
If I correctly remember, their husbands are in some way related, they're brothers or cousins, isn't it?

Well, my congratulations to both the sisters; is not common in these times that in a so young age a woman has three or four children...
If I correctly remember, their husbands are in some way related, they're brothers or cousins, isn't it?

Yes, they are brothers and come from a family with many children as well. Their oldest brother married a countess himself, Stephanie countess of Ballestrem.

Gosh, I just saw I made a mistake. Natalie countess of Kornis de Göncz Ruszka gave birth to her daughter Helena, not Helene. I mistyped it :(

Thank you, Beatitudo, for your precious infos!

Yes, they are brothers and come from a family with many children as well. Their oldest brother married a countess himself, Stephanie countess of Ballestrem.

Gosh, I just saw I made a mistake. Natalie countess of Kornis de Göncz Ruszka gave birth to her daughter Helena, not Helene. I mistyped it :(

When was the marriage of the oldest brother? Ws it only recently?

Prince Luitpold and one of hios sons (not mentione which one) had an accident when sailing on the Ammer Lake on Thursday
Article in german

There's a photo gallery of the "incident" at the bottom of the story.
It looks like the craft capsized and the Princes had to be fished out of the water. No harm done.

Duchess Elisabeth in Bayern and her husband Daniel Terberger attend
the Russian Fashion Gala at the Russian Embassy on April 23, 2009 in
Berlin, Germany.

-------> Pic

A question: after reading that HRH the Duke of Bavaria still lives in Nymphenburg Palace, I wonder who is the current owner of the Palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom