Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren said:

Gaudy and garish two perfect words!:lol: When I was there I keep thinking to myself "This place reminds me of Vegas. Liberace and Wayne Newton would would love this place." I was 11 at the time. :D

When you visit Neuschwanstein, at the time I was there, you could take a carriage ride half way up to the castle. The second time I was there, my family and I walked up that giant hill. I almost had a heart attack and I think I lost five pounds by the time I got to the top.

Courtesy of Youtube.com here are some http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here and http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here The second clip shows the horse carriage, the giant hill, and a beautiful shot of the castle with the misty clouds hovering over it. This http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/clip shows Linderhof as well. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/Linderhof Castle

Stefan said:
If you want to travel to the wedding it will probably take on Tegernsee where also her sisters Marie Caroline and Elizabeh married.

I'm just wondering if the date will be released to the press before the wedding or if it will be a private family affair?

BurberryBrit said:
I'm just wondering if the date will be released to the press before the wedding or if it will be a private family affair?

Probably the date will be known some time before the wedding as it happened with her sisters.

Stefan, as you seem to know where to look for the annoncement, please keep us posted! Thanks :flowers:

Do you think you will cover it for your website?

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
Stefan, as you seem to know where to look for the annoncement, please keep us posted! Thanks :flowers:

Do you think you will cover it for your website?

If possible probably yes. but i need to know the date in advance as i have also to work on Saturdays.

As posted by Gerie on the Glittering Royal Events MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Duchess Elisabeth of Bayern is especting a baby. She is now 4 months pregnant. (Bild am Sonntag) [/FONT]

Princess Anna of Bavaria,néé Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg,spouse of Prince Manuel,gave birth to a son,Prince Leopold.

The couple at their wedding day in 2005:
Marriage of Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg. Stigtomta, 6 th August 2005

Courtesy Royal Press Europe/Albert Nieboer.
:)

Who is that woman - click on the link, sixth row down, she's got a thing on her hair(I don't know If I'd call it a tiara)? There's an example of how much is too much!

Too much indeed! From the tiara all the way down to the cleavage.

Princess Anna is so pretty.

Wonderful news about the baby!

I believe that would be the notorious Countess Gunilla von Bismarck.

Prince Max-Emanuel of Bavaria was adopted by his childless great uncle and inherited the title of Duke in Bavaria (Herzog in Bayern). Who will succeed to this title after Duke Max-Emanuel, as he has only daughters?

Prince Max-Emanuel of Bavaria was adopted by his childless great uncle and inherited the title of Duke in Bavaria (Herzog in Bayern). Who will succeed to this title after Duke Max-Emanuel, as he has only daughters?
The Bavarian royal line of succession flows to Prince Ludwig (born 1913) and his son Prince Luitpold (born 1951). Ludwig has a brother, Rasso, with sons, and Luitpold has sons. Maybe Duke Max Emanuel will adopt Prince Heinrich, the second son of Luitpold, or Rasso (or his eldest married son Prince Wolfgang) to allow the Ducal title to continue.

Whatever the future of the 'Duke in Bavaria' title and line, no doubt it will be decided between Max Emanuel and his brother, Duke Franz, the Head of the Royal House.

Is anything known about the family and ancestors of Dr. Klaus Runow, or even exactly where and when he was born?

I don't think he is an aristocrat so there is probably not a lot of info out there about his family.

Wedding of HRH Duchess Maria Anna and Dr.Klaus Runow

Tegernsee today:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.
:flowers:

Is Duchess Helene dating anyone? She's the only unmarried daughter. I hope she doesn't feel bad about it. :ermm:

Before fleeing Munich, did Ludwig III live in the Residenz or the Wittelsbach Palace? The Residenz was rebuilt after World War II. The Wittelsbach Palace was not, presumably because it was used by the Gestapo, correct? Thanks.

Before fleeing Munich, did Ludwig III live in the Residenz or the Wittelsbach Palace? The Residenz was rebuilt after World War II. The Wittelsbach Palace was not, presumably because it was used by the Gestapo, correct? Thanks.

I checked some sources about the reasons why the Wittelsbacher Palais was not rebuilt after the war but the Nazi-history does only partly and temporarily feature there as a reason.

What I found was that the people of Munich used the former park of the palace and the ruins after 1945 as a means to survival: first they planted vegetable gardens in the former park (which were legalized around 1946 as offical leaseholds) and took all that could still be used from the palace, especially wood for fires and rebuilding. Later the area was used to build makeshift schools and homes for apprentices etc in order to help the younger people of Munich who had lost one or both of their parents.

Planing what to finally do with the area already started in 1946 - but the first plans consisted to removing all, including the still partly intact or repairable buildings of the whole area and rebuilding the quarter completely. But the man then responisible for public buildings refused this plan and started a thorough investigation into the chances of each building to be restored. Alas, the Wittelsbacher Palais could not be saved and was dismantelled. When the town and the federal state had supplied enough alternative housing for the young people living there, they cleared the area which in 1961 still belonged to the Federal State of Bavaria. In exchange of the Leopoldpark the town of Munich got most of the former park, the space where the palace had been was kept by the federal state. While the town used their area for building, it was planned that on the former palace grounds a park should be built as a place of remembrance of how Munich came to be the "Hauptstadt der Bewegung" for the Nazis. Instead the federal state sold the area in 1971 to it's own bank which built their headquarters there.

This year it was decided to use the area of the former party headquarters of the Nazis to built a new documentation center. This party headqurter was called the "Braune Haus" - "Brown House" - btw - did the US citizens know that the grandfather of the current president Bush, the father of former president Bush gave Hitler the money in 1930 to built the party headquarter and partly financed his sucessful run for German chancellorship? His dealings with Nazi Germany earned him the money to form part of the considerable Bush-fortune which has helped his son and grandson running for presidency of the US... Talk about historical irony.We'll see if the documentation center is finally being build.

I recall that as a child in the mid 70ties I often visited the rooms in the Residenz which were already rebuild and redecorated. Year after year new areas were finished and opened - it was a very interesting and fascinating process to watch. But it was terribly expensive as well so one can understand why they only rebuilt the main Royal palace and not all the others.

Hope this helps.

Jo -

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know if Ludwig lived in the Wittelsbach Palace rather than the Residenz prior to the end of the monarchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom