Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
Darn, I thought that Duchess Elisabeth had sufficiently trained her girls to get a HSH at least ;) But seriously, congrats to the couple. Does anybody know more about the groom-to-be?

I'll take a Handsome Doctor/Investment Banker over a HSH anytime:)

They make a cute couple. Looking forward to wedding pics.

lilytornado said:
Wow! That is really his restaurant? Are you sure? I walked along this restaurant almost every day!

So have you tried the food there? Is it any good?

OK here's a dumb question.

Is this the Wittelbach family? What is the family name of the Bavarian Royal Family?

Last edited by a moderator:
ysbel said:
OK here's a dumb question.

Is this the Wittelbach family? What is the family name of the Bavarian Royal Family?

Yes, they are the Wittelsbachs.

ysbel said:
So have you tried the food there? Is it any good?
No, I have to admit that I was always in a rush. But it looked very cosy from the outside (as much as it can be right next to a big mall).
But I can test it for you in summer and than report. :)

lilytornado said:
No, I have to admit that I was always in a rush. But it looked very cosy from the outside (as much as it can be right next to a big mall).
But I can test it for you in summer and than report. :)

The restaurant is one of a series which was started with the prince's restaurants at his castle at Kaltenberg. The other's are named "König von Bayern". It's nice, typical Bavarian food, nothing spectacular but well presented, not overly expensive and served with the very good beer from the prince's brewery Kaltenberg. As Kaltenberg Castle is only about 10 kms from here, we like to go there in summer because it's a fun place to be. I especially like his dark brown Ale "König Ludwig Dunkel". In addition the prince organizes a historical (medieval) festival with tournament and markets there every summer - very good entertainment.

Here's a link to the homepage (English version): König Ludwig Schloßbrauerei Kaltenberg

To me, Maria Anna is the prettiest German Princess with her sister Sophie next. Maria Anna and Dr. Runow make a very handsome couple.:wub:

I think their sister Marie is rather pretty to, but a bit to skinny. IMHO the Bavarian Princesses look lovely but the younger ones were unfortunate enough to inherit their mothers teeth. My own favourite is Dss Helene, she seems terribly sweet and cheerfull (daddy's girl perhaps?)

They are a nice looking couple. I wonder when and where the wedding will take place? It seems they live in London?

BurberryBrit said:
I wonder when and where the wedding will take place? It seems they live in London?
The groom works in the London's Citibank, but I doubt the wedding would happen in England. The article I posted above says the ceremony is to take place next Summer and that Maria Anna is going to take a Brussel's lace veil and a family diadem.

Jo of Palatine said:
The restaurant is one of a series which was started with the prince's restaurants at his castle at Kaltenberg. The other's are named "König von Bayern". It's nice, typical Bavarian food, nothing spectacular but well presented, not overly expensive and served with the very good beer from the prince's brewery Kaltenberg. As Kaltenberg Castle is only about 10 kms from here, we like to go there in summer because it's a fun place to be. I especially like his dark brown Ale "König Ludwig Dunkel". In addition the prince organizes a historical (medieval) festival with tournament and markets there every summer - very good entertainment.

Here's a link to the homepage (English version): König Ludwig Schloßbrauerei Kaltenberg

Thanks Jo and Lily. :flowers:

I'm planning my summer trip and so far we're going to Lake Constanz (in German Bodensee) but we might make a short side trip to Munich and it would be fun to try out.

ysbel said:
Thanks Jo and Lily. :flowers:

I'm planning my summer trip and so far we're going to Lake Constanz (in German Bodensee) but we might make a short side trip to Munich and it would be fun to try out.

If you want to travel to the wedding it will probably take on Tegernsee where also her sisters Marie Caroline and Elizabeh married. As for Munich there is many to see for example Nymphenburg Castle or the Residenz in the City and many more. There are many beautiful castles in the Area of Lake Constanze for example Salem where the Baden Family lives a part of it can be visited.

Elsa M. said:
The groom works in the London's Citibank, but I doubt the wedding would happen in England. The article I posted above says the ceremony is to take place next Summer and that Maria Anna is going to take a Brussel's lace veil and a family diadem.

Someone reported it would take place on June 2 but that is the wedding of the Archduke Karl Christian of Austria to Miss St. Romain so I doubt it is the same date.

Also is Tegernsee a castle or a city?

Where were placed her sisters weddings?

About Bayern tiaras Bayern

magnik said:
Where were placed her sisters weddings?

About Bayern tiaras Bayern

Marie Caroline and Elisabeth married at Tegernsee and Sophie married in Vaduz.

She will probably wear the same floral tiara which was worn by all her sisters on her Wedding Day. Probably a few days before the wedding a Gala will be held at Nymphenburg Castle by Duke Franz. This was done for all her sisters and all the guests have been wearing white tie and tiaras.

I saw a picture of Count and Countess von Babenhausen on the Bayern jewelry site posted. What is the connection there?

BurberryBrit said:
I saw a picture of Count and Countess von Babenhausen on the Bayern jewelry site posted. What is the connection there?
I think that this photo was taken one Elisabeth's pre-wedding party.
Relationship

As they say royalty and nobles are related more or less.;)

Stefan said:
If you want to travel to the wedding it will probably take on Tegernsee where also her sisters Marie Caroline and Elizabeh married. As for Munich there is many to see for example Nymphenburg Castle or the Residenz in the City and many more. There are many beautiful castles in the Area of Lake Constanze for example Salem where the Baden Family lives a part of it can be visited.

Thanks Stefan. I think we'll be late for the wedding but the area looks beautiful.

When I lived in Germany, I lived in Koeln which was an old and beautiful city but I always enjoyed visiting my friends in München. :flowers:

Correct me if I am wrong but the Hereditary Princess of Liechatenstein Sophie is a member of this royal house before marrying Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechatenstein?

Next Star said:
Correct me if I am wrong but the Hereditary Princess of Liechatenstein Sophie is a member of this royal house before marrying Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechatenstein?
Part I. The members of this family bear the title Prince[ss] of Bavaria, Royal Highness.
bavaria

Portal des Fürstentums Liechtenstein - - Fürstenhaus - Erbprinzessin Sophie (on German)

She was styled HRH Princess Sophie of Bavaria; in 1973, her father inherited the family name and style Duke in Bavaria from a distant cousin who had adopted him as heir in 1965. Sophie was then styled HRH Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, Princess of Bavaria; on her marriage in 1993 she became HRH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.

House of Wittelsbach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
Someone reported it would take place on June 2 but that is the wedding of the Archduke Karl Christian of Austria to Miss St. Romain so I doubt it is the same date.

Also is Tegernsee a castle or a city?

Tegernsee is a picturesque and very fashionable lake at the Alps in the southeast of Bavaria, one hour by car if traffic allows it from Munich. A small town is named after the lake and there is the former abbey of Tegernsee which was converted to a palace, renamed Schloß Tegernsee and used as a summer residence by the Royal family back in the 1800s. In the church of this palace the princesses wed. There is a crypt as well where a lot of the Wittelsbachs are buried.

magnik said:
Part I. The members of this family bear the title Prince[ss] of Bavaria, Royal Highness.
bavaria

Portal des Fürstentums Liechtenstein - - Fürstenhaus - Erbprinzessin Sophie (on German)

She was styled HRH Princess Sophie of Bavaria; in 1973, her father inherited the family name and style Duke in Bavaria from a distant cousin who had adopted him as heir in 1965. Sophie was then styled HRH Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, Princess of Bavaria; on her marriage in 1993 she became HRH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.

House of Wittelsbach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One should know that princess of Bavaria in fact is the higher title as this means she is from the main line of the family, the line which inherited the Bavarian throne in the 1800s when the older line of Bavaria died out and the crown passed to the reigning Wittelsbach branch of the Palatinate. At that time the new Prince Elector and Duke (later King) brought the members of another minor branch from the Palatinate with him to Munich and when Napoleon created him king, he named the members of that branch Dukes/Duchesses "in" Bavaria to make a difference between the Royal line "of" ("von") Bavaria and the dukes "in" Bavaria. None-the-less, the "in Bavarians" are as noble as the others....

I've been to Neuschwanstein twice. It's a beautiful castile, a bit over the top, but in the setting it's fantastic.

I've also been to his other castle, Linderhof. After being there I often thought Liberace was his long lost cousin. At the castle, there's an underground grotto called, the Venus Grotto, slightly cheesy, but fantastic nonetheless.

Australian, if you ever get a chance to visit Bavaria, I highly recommend that you make a trip to see both Linderhof and Neuschwanstein castle. Furthermore, Germany is really a beautiful country. Everytime I've been there the people have been very kind and warm. I would love to live there, but only in the spring and early summer.

:flowers:

Thanks GlitteringTiaras, im going to do some research on Linderhof, now that you bought it to my attention. I would definitley love to go one day!
Thanks!

I've been to Neuschwanstein once. Its really neat & I really enjoyed the surrounding areas- the mountains & the views. I'd love to go back. I've never heard of his other castle...where is it located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom