Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyonnaise

Serene Highness
The Royal House of Bavaria

2e422c7c08723fad0e4a8e6a1b9ad48c--coat-of-arms-bavaria.jpg

Royal Standard 1835-1914

Caption:
Copyright Imagine 2005/Princess von Bayern and husband and Prinzessin Maja von Hohenzollern arriving at the CINEMA FOR PEACE Gala 2005 at the Concert House in Berlin, 14.02.2005.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,570
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 850
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 923
Last edited by a moderator:
More pictures from Cinema for Peace in Berlin. Altogehter it was a very successful event.

The first is with Celia von Bismarck.

Attachments

• 52197820.jpg
    52197820.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,588
  • pre-SEEGER00134453.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00134453.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 896
  • pre-SEEGER00134462.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00134462.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,117
Last edited:
I found some 'recent' photos of Princess Anna and Prince Manuel von Bayern attending a benefit concert in New York last year.

From Fotomarktplatz- caption:
Jazz Foundation of America Hosts Benefit Auction for the Jazz Musicians Emergency Fund, November 16, 2005

There are more photos here at Wireimage, but I can't access them (it's after the free 30-day period).

In the second photo you can see Ivana Trump.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3372/1623170b9tc.jpg
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7192/1623449b8ou.jpg
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3966/1623171b3nu.jpg

Danielle said:
I found some 'recent' photos of Princess Anna and Prince Manuel von Bayern attending a benefit concert in New York last year.
well...his face is unmistakable but I would never have recognized her from the wedddig photos!

pollyemma said:
well...his face is unmistakable but I would never have recognized her from the wedddig photos!
Manuel you can spot a mile away, but you're right, Anna looks quite differnt with her hair down.

Prince Luitpold von Bayern, taken up on Tuesday 07,03,2006 in his restaurant king Ludwig at the fair in the Riem arcades in Munich. The painting in the background shows a motive for picture from lock high swan gau with a scene from a daring opera.

Photo: Peter Kneffel / DPA

Prince Luitpold von Bayern on Tuesday 07,03,2006 in his restaurant in Riem, Munich.

Photo: Peter Kneffel / dpa

Daniel Terberger and Duchess Elizabeth in Bayern attend the Rosenball Charity Ball at the Intercontinental Hotel May 27, 2006 in Berlin, Germany.
Getty Images

succession question

So who is the head of the house of Wittelsbach? Is it the Prince of Bavaria or the Duke in Bavaria? And why is there a difference? thanks! ps I know that the Empress Sissi of Austria-Hungary was a Duchess in Bavaria but I don't really know what the difference is!:wacko:

ortino said:
So who is the head of the house of Wittelsbach? Is it the Prince of Bavaria or the Duke in Bavaria? And why is there a difference? thanks! ps I know that the Empress Sissi of Austria-Hungary was a Duchess in Bavaria but I don't really know what the difference is!:wacko:

The head of the House is the Duke of Bavaria.
The difference cames from 200 years ago when Duke Maximilian of Zweibrücken became Elector of Bavaria after the old line had died out in 1799. He became the first King of Bavaria in 1806. He had some distant relatives who came with him and they where given the Title Duke in Bavaria. This line died out in the male line in 1973. In 1965 Duke Ludwig wilhelm in bavaria adopted Prince Max Emanuel , second son of the then Head of the Royal House Duke Albrecht.
As Duke Franz is not married and has no descendants the Headship will pas to his brother and then because Max Emanuel has "only" five daughters to their second cousin Prince Luitpold.

Stefan said:
The head of the House is the Duke of Bavaria.
The difference cames from 200 years ago when Duke Maximilian iof zweibrücken became Elector of Bavaria after the old line had died out in 1799. He became the first King of Bavaria in 1806. He had some distant relatives who came with him and they where given the Title Duke in Bavaria. This line died out in the male line in 1973. In 1965 Duke Ludwig wilhelm in bavaria adopted Prince Max Emanuel , second son of the then Head of the Royal House Duke Albrecht.
As Duke Franz is not married and has no descendants the Headship will pas to his brother and then because Max Emanuel has "only" five daughters to their second cousin Prince Luitpold.
thank you Stefan

Royal House of Bavaria

Does anyone have pictures of Prince Ludwig, the future head of the Royal House? thanks in advance

richardsw said:
sorry I meant his son. Thank you fopr the link through

Richard, Prince Ludwig is the father of prince Luitpold. Ludwig lives on Gut Leutstetten (near Starnberg, south of Munich) and breeds horses.

Here's a picture of him and his wife: http://www.schleppjagd.de/2003/veranstaltungen/prinz_von_bayern/prinzenpaar.jpg

Luitpold is the son who lives in Kaltenberg Castle - between Munich, Augsburg and Landsberg/Lech and he brews beer and is promoter of the famous Kaltenberg medieval tournament.

As the next in line to the Bavarian throne are without male heirs, the line is going to pass to prince Ludwig first (depends on if he outlives his cousins, that is) and then to prince Luitpold. Thus Luitpold's marriage to commoner Kathrin Beatrix has been accepted as conform to the laws of the Royal House of Bavaria after 20! years - Luitpold married in 1979, they got 2 daughters and three sons, and the marriage was accepted as "ebenbuertig" only in 1999.... Talk about dynastic politics... ;)

I know Prince Luitpold's father is Prince Ludwig of Bavaria also. I want to know about Prince Luitpold's eldest son another Prince Ludwig of Bavaria. Does anyone have information concerning this Prince and any pictures of him?

richardsw said:
I know Prince Luitpold's father is Prince Ludwig of Bavaria also. I want to know about Prince Luitpold's eldest son another Prince Ludwig of Bavaria. Does anyone have information concerning this Prince and any pictures of him?

Why don't you call the PR people of prince Luitpold and princess Beatrix and ask them? They might be able to send you infos about the prince's family.

Responsible for the medieval tournament at Kaltenberg is:
Klaus Bock
m&m internetwerkstatt
Hübnerstrasse 22
80637 München
Tel.: 089-28808239
Fax: 089-28808287
Mail: presse@ritterturnier.de

Responsible for the PR of the brewery is:
König Ludwig GmbH & Co.KG
Schloßbrauerei Kaltenberg

Augsburger Straße 41
D-82256 Fürstenfeldbruck

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Telefon : +49 / (0) 8141 243 0
Telefax : +49 / (0) 8141 243 138
[/FONT]

Probably you may get additional information from the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfond:​
Wittelsbacher Ausgleichsfonds
Stiftung des öffentlichen Rechts
Generaldirektor: Peter Scherkamp
Schumannstraße 10
81679 München
Germany
Postfach 86 08 40, 81635 München
Telefon: +49 89 4171 0
Telefax: +49 89 470 61 68

richardsw said:

Here he is last year at the wedding of Prince Manuel and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg together with his mother Beatrix and oldest sister Alice.

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/se...=preview&ID=1124211604&string=hochzeit+bayern

Stefan, thank you for the picture. Does anyone know anything about him, like education stats?

A quick question about Princess Rupprechect of Bavaria

hello friends, forgive me if I have mispelled the name of the Princess! my spelling is really awful!!

i collect antique European royalty postcards and have just expanded my interests to include the Princess Rupprechet of Bavaria and her children. Hers is an amazing story!

can someone tell me, was she a Princess of Luxembourg before her marriage? i think she was, but have kind of hit a snag in trying to figure out this on the Internet.

any help is greatly appreciated and everyone have a lovely day, wherever you are!

princessalice said:
can someone tell me, was she a Princess of Luxembourg before her marriage? i think she was, but have kind of hit a snag in trying to figure out this on the Internet.

Yes, she was born Princess Antonia [Antoinette] of Luxembourg...see here.

thank you!

:flowers: thank you, my friend! i thought so, just wasn't sure...i appreciate your kind help.

Maria Anna Bavaria engaged!

It was announced today on another Royal board that Princess Maria Anna in Bavaria is engaged to marry some guy named Dr. Klaus Runow. No source mentioned. Does anybody know more? Photos f.i.

purple_platinum said:
Prince Luitpold von Bayern, taken up on Tuesday 07,03,2006 in his restaurant king Ludwig at the fair in the Riem arcades in Munich. The painting in the background shows a motive for picture from lock high swan gau with a scene from a daring opera.

Photo: Peter Kneffel / DPA

Wow! That is really his restaurant? Are you sure? I walked along this restaurant almost every day!

Stefanie said:
It was announced today on another Royal board that Princess Maria Anna in Bavaria is engaged to marry some guy named Dr. Klaus Runow. No source mentioned. Does anybody know more? Photos f.i.

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince and Princess Max have announced the engagement
of their youngest daughter Maria Anna to Dr. Klaus Runow.

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER_00178376.jpg

Looks as if Dr. Runow is quite a bit older than Maria Anna (born 1975).....

Darn, I thought that Duchess Elisabeth had sufficiently trained her girls to get a HSH at least ;) But seriously, congrats to the couple. Does anybody know more about the groom-to-be?

The groom-to-be

He´s 38 years old and works as an investment banker in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom