Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
192px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Kingdom_of_Bavaria_1835-1918.svg.png

Arms of the Kingdom of Bavaria

Welcome to the thread Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria, Part 2

Commencing Jan 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
The House of Bavaria (Wittelsbach) has donated 1 million euros to Ukraine.

"Duke Franz of Bavaria and his nephew Prince Ludwig in Nymphenburg Palace.

The two have been involved in refugee aid and development work for a long time. "No one should look on in silence": Franz Duke of Bavaria and his nephew Ludwig are helping the victims of the war with a huge donation - and hope that many will follow."

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/...aine-spende-hilfsverein-nymphenburg-1.5545332

Nice to see the two of them working together for this cause. And a very generous donation from the family.

Among the guests seem to be Duke Franz, Prince Luitpold, Prince Leopold and his wife Pss Ursula of Bavaria

Ursula, Princess of Bavaria, attended a celebration for the 175th anniversary of the Dr. von Haunersches Children's Hospital in Munich, Germany, yesterday, May 4:

** Pic ** gallery **

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, and his partner Dr. Thomas Greinwald attended the 42nd Oberammergauer Passionsspiele at Passionstheater in Oberammergau, Germany on May 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pater Florian OSB, née Prince Franz Josef opf Bavaria died on 22.06.2022 in Ruaraka, Kenia after long illnes. He grow up in Leutstetten and in 1982 became a member of the Benedictine Abbey Ottobeuren. After he became a Priest in 1985 he went to Kenia

He was a son of the late Prince Rasso and his wife Theresia, née Archduchess of Austria-Tuscany. https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayer...n-prinz-von-bayern-in-kenia-gestorben,T9gS7K0

Last edited:
Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, attended the DTM 2022 German Touring Car Championship in Nürnberg on July 2:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria, presented the watch "Poldi", named after him, in Munich yesterday, July 7:

** gallery **

Anna in Bayern-von Maltzan with husband Andreas von Maltzan attended the Mercedes-Benz reception at "Klassik am Odeonsplatz" in Munich on July 10:

** Pic **

Max, Duke of Bavaria, and wife Elisabeth attended the Summer Reception of the Bavarian State Parliament at Schleissheim Palace on July 19:

** Pic **

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, and his partner Dr. Thomas Greinwald attended the Bayreuth Festival today, July 25:

** Pic **

Last edited by a moderator:
The BILD has a two new pictures of the couple who shares Prince Lundwig

https://www.bild.de/regional/muench...ern-prinz-hat-sich-verlobt-80905832.bild.html

"“Ludwig made a good choice. My future daughter-in-law is a very intelligent and educated woman," said his father, Prince Luitpold (71), owner of Kaltenberg Castle, to BILD.
Now he is looking forward to grandchildren. “I hope they start a family soon. It is very gratifying that Ludwig is now more in Bavaria again. He worked as a development worker in Africa for almost 10 years.”"

Congratulations to him, finally he’s getting married.

Engagement of Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (1982) son of Prince Luitpold (1951) and Princess Beatrix of Bavaria (1951) with Miss Sophie Evekink (1989) Daughter of a Dutch Patrician family.

Does anyone know when he’s getting married?

She seems to have accomplished a glittering and exciting career. Interesting that she is apparently willing to give it all up to become a consort (the Bavarians are obviously no longer ruling, but they seem to approach the headship of the house as a full-time office much like reigning families).

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, and his partner Dr. Thomas Greinwald attended the 42nd Oberammergauer Passionsspiele at Passionstheater in Oberammergau, Germany on May 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Franz, Duke of Bavaria, and his partner Dr. Thomas Greinwald attended the Bayreuth Festival today, July 25:

** Pic **

I recall reading on another forum that Duke Franz refused (some years ago) to permit others to photograph him with Thomas Greinwald when they attended events. If true, it seems that someone or some people have had a change of heart.

She seems to have accomplished a glittering and exciting career. Interesting that she is apparently willing to give it all up to become a consort

Well, Sophie Evekink is going to become a Bavarian Princess and her future husband, Prince Ludwig, is deeply and heavily involved in African projects to help the folks there, while she has already worked for the United Nations in comparable projects... Her future is not that much off her past.

Does anyone know when he’s getting married?

The engagement was only announced a week ago and it was said that not Wedding Date had been choosen. My guess is that they will marry sometime next year, but i would not bet that there will be an official announcement about date and location.

I recall reading on another forum that Duke Franz refused (some years ago) to permit others to photograph him with Thomas Greinwald when they attended events. If true, it seems that someone or some people have had a change of heart.

They have now been seen often together at Events. I think one of the first times they where seen together and photographed was the Wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I have missed an interview, but where was it said that the fiancee will give up her career? What would prevent her from continuing it after her marriage?

Perhaps I have missed an interview, but where was it said that the fiancee will give up her career? What would prevent her from continuing it after her marriage?

It was as I said an inference (hence the "apparently") from the family heads' current approach. As far as I have read, it appears the current head Franz, his brother Max Emanuel (head of the ducal line) and Max's wife Elizabeth have not had careers outside of administering the family's foundations and businesses and charitable work in Bavaria.

It was as I said an inference (hence the "apparently") from the family heads' current approach. As far as I have read, it appears the current head Franz, his brother Max Emanuel (head of the ducal line) and Max's wife Elizabeth have not had careers outside of administering the family's foundations and businesses and charitable work in Bavaria.
I think Franz was educated and prepared to take over the administration of the Family business at some day and most likely the same for Max Emanuel as he was adopted by his great-granduncle to take over the many posessions (the have much i think more then the royal line) of the ducal line.
As for Duchess Elizabeth don't know of she had some sort of career before her marriage but it was the case for most royal ladies of her generation to not have her own career (like Margravine Valerie of Baden etc.). A notable exception to this is Duchess Diane of Württemberg who worked as artist

I think Franz was educated and prepared to take over the administration of the Family business at some day and most likely the same for Max Emanuel as he was adopted by his great-granduncle to take over the many posessions (the have much i think more then the royal line) of the ducal line.
As for Duchess Elizabeth don't know of she had some sort of career before her marriage but it was the case for most royal ladies of her generation to not have her own career (like Margravine Valerie of Baden etc.). A notable exception to this is Duchess Diane of Württemberg who worked as artist
I think Max has given his daughters their inheritances or at least it has been earmarked who is getting what.

I think Max has given his daughters their inheritances or at least it has been earmarked who is getting what.

Yes from what is known he has for example given Duchess Anna the Bräustüberl and Brauhaus in Tegernsee and Duchess Helene has got the posessions in Wildbad Kreuth

Back
Top Bottom