Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Felipa should have given birth to her first child in April, if I recall correctly.

Now we know why they needed to sell their tiara :hiding:.

There are more pictures of the event at ANP. The duke's brother and sister-in-law attended with their daughter Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger. They also showed violinist violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter, conductor Kent Nagano and opera director Sir Peter Jonas. I didn't see pictures of other royals though.

The duke looks well!

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/franz-herzog-von-bayern-feiert-royal-und-rustikal-1.1728123

http://www.mittelbayerische.de/nach...bayerischer-herzog-feiert-standesgemaess.html

Apparently there were 2500 guests.

Last edited:
Wasn't the Duke diagnosed with cancer last fall?

Princess Felipa should have given birth to her first child in April, if I recall correctly.

Yes; it's a boy called August, born on 13 April.
Just a baby weight, I think.

Whch Royals were present at the Anniversary of HRH the Duke of Bavaria?

Prince Lukas and Princess Alice von Auersperg, née Princess of Bavaria (she is a sister of Auguste Princess of Lippe) have a daughter Olivia Sophie Marie Gobertina.
The little princess was baptized on April 13th 2013.

Source: Hein Bruins on Nobiliana BAG 2013

Leopold, Prince von Bayern and his wife Ursula, Princess von Bayern attended the opera Don Carlo during the Salzburg Festival in Austria on August 13:

** Pic **

Has Princess Auguste already given birth? Anyone knows?

Leopold, Prince von Bayern and former figure skater Katarina Witt attended the BMW Wiesn Sport Stammtisch Oktoberfest 2013 in Munich, Germany on September 24, 2013. BMW Sports Communication had invited more than 100 international sport stars and VIPs to experience a day at the famous Munich Oktoberfest.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Did every Bavarian King has his own coat of arms?

Manuel, Prince von Bayern and Anna, Princess von Bayern attended the "Let's party 4 art" event in Munich, Germany, on November 23.

** Pic **

Princess Marie of Prussia (1825-1889) married Crown Prince Maximilian of Bavaria in 1842. He would become King Maximilian II. Who were Marie's bridesmaids?
King Ludwig I of Bavaria built Bavaria's first railway.
King Ludwig I of Bavaria launched Bavaria's first steamship.
Before she became the Queen Consort of Bavaria, Maria Theresa (the wife of the future Ludwig III) lived on the farms at Leutstetten, south of Munich. Maria Theresa had rose gardens.
King Ludwig I had a canal constructed that linked the Danube River with the Main River.
This allowed for access to both the North and Black seas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Marie of Prussia (1825-1889) married Crown Prince Maximilian of Bavaria in 1842. He would become King Maximilian II. Who were Marie's bridesmaids?

Are you getting answers to your many, rather obscure questions? I hope so.

Did every Bavarian King has his own coat of arms?

I think there was just one coat of arms for every King, although I'm not sure. I Googled your question and nothing came up, the only mentioning of the Bavarian coat of arms was the "general" one. :flowers:

Princess Anna of Bavaria has recently presented her new book, "Jetzt erst recht!", a biography of Wolfgang Bosbach, the German CDU member in Berlin, Germany:

La princesse Anna de Bavière présente son livre | Noblesse & Royautés

Did every Bavarian King have his own coat of arms?
The first King of Bavaria, Maximilian I [Joseph], who had been the reigning Duke of Zweibrücken prior to his succession to the Bavarian Electoral throne, had his own Arms: the Wittelsbach blue and white lozenges overlaid with insignia of kingship.

The five Kings who followed him (Ludwig I, Maximilian II, Ludwig II, Otto I and Ludwig III) all held the same Arms: quarterlings for the Palatinate, Franconia, Burgau and Veldenz, surmounted by the family arms of Wittelsbach and surrounded by the collar of St Hubert.
The Greater Arms included a sable marquee, royal crowns within and above, two crowned lions rampant, and a further three collars including that of the Order of the Golden Fleece.

Bavariax400.jpg

Arms of the Kings of Bavaria
Ludwig I, Maximilian II, Ludwig II, Otto I and Ludwig III

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

So I was poking around online and read on Wikipedia, that Nymphenburg Palace continues to be the home and Chancery for the head of the house of Wittlesbach family, Franz, Duke of Bavaria. This may sound like a stupid question, but how is the Duke able to live there? Wouldn't the state of Bavaria confiscated the palace when the monarchy fell and forbidden the family from living there? I would think that would have been the case, but curious nonetheless. Is the Duke the only one allowed to live there, or do other Wittlesbach family members live there?

Thanks

It was part of an agreemtn made after the End of the Monarchy. Alos other members of the Royal House used to lieve there but not in the Main Palace but in the small Houses which are in the Rondell opposide the Palace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Wolfgang of Bavaria (b.28 January 1960) [son of late Prince Rasso of Bavaria (1926-2011) & his wife Theresa, nee Archduchess of Austria (b.1931)] married, as his second wife, Tatiana Maria Eames (b.1976) last year. They are already parents of Flavia (b.2011).

From 1991 to 2008 he was married to Countess Beatrice zu Lodron-Laterano and Castelromano (b.29 May 1964) by whom he has three sons: Tassilo (19-6-1992), Richard (19-11-1993) & Phillip (25-6-1996).

Source: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria

Hello,

I need more information about Prince Wolfgang of Bavaria and his family (wife, childrens). Maybe somebody know where I can find it?

Prince Wolfgang of Bavaria (b.28 January 1960) [son of late Prince Rasso of Bavaria (1926-2011) & his wife Theresa, nee Archduchess of Austria (b.1931)] married, as his second wife, Tatiana Maria Eames (b.1976) last year. They are already parents of Flavia (b.2011).

From 1991 to 2008 he was married to Countess Beatrice zu Lodron-Laterano and Castelromano (b.29 May 1964) by whom he has three sons: Tassilo (19-6-1992), Richard (19-11-1993) & Phillip (25-6-1996).

Source: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria

Can anyone please tell me if Prince Wolfgang's second marriage is considered equal or not by the family? And does anyone know more about Tatiana - is she from a noble family?

Also I would like to know what happens in cases where there is a divorce, does the ex-wife retain the use of her title or does she return to whatever title she had before her marriage to the prince?

Leopold, Prince of Bavaria attended the Filserball 2015 at Loewnbraeukeller in Munich on February 6:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me if Prince Wolfgang's second marriage is considered equal or not by the family? And does anyone know more about Tatiana - is she from a noble family?

Also I would like to know what happens in cases where there is a divorce, does the ex-wife retain the use of her title or does she return to whatever title she had before her marriage to the prince?
From what I understand the Bavarian family does not insist on equal marriage anymore. Furthermore in Germany there are no more noble titles, the titles have become part of the surname. A divorced woman may keep her ex-husbands surname if she wants. So she is allowed to keep the name 'Prinzessin von Bayern'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom