Duke Franz and the Royal House of Bavaria 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of guests are unknown to me and to PPE agency !
I am not a fan of flower hats.

I read that the Swedish Royal couple sent their apologies. They couldn't attend due to the King's uncle's death.

The bride looked nice, imo. It's not easy to make that strange tiara work. But what what can you do, if there's only one tiara in your family;)? Does anbody here know more about the history of the tiara?

I wonder if will get to see some pics of tonight's gala. Maybe some guest arriving?

... [snipped] PPE Agency
courtesy PPE:)
Thanks for the photos!
I am surprised to see the von Thurn und Taxis sisters in relatively normal ensembles. Princess Nadja's von Schaumburg -Lippe outfit is fine. Her headpiece, on the other hand, appears somewhat awkward.

Last edited:
The bride looked nice, imo. It's not easy to make that strange tiara work. But what what can you do, if there's only one tiara in your family;)? Does anbody here know more about the history of the tiara?
Actually there are lots of tiaras in the posession of the Wittelsbach's. Don't know if this one is in the posession of Prince Leopold or some sort of permanent loan to this line of the Family. Apparently it was once in the poession of the last bavarian Queen Maria Theresia. But Prince Leopold is no descendnat of her.

Thank you Stefan.
Duke Max and Prince Leopold are something like 4th cousins, or so. So I think it very unlikely that he would get a tiara as permanent loan from the main branch of the family.
Duke Max really has a good choice of tiaras for his wife, who also has a tiara from her own family. And then his sisters also have at least one tiara.
I wonder if all the family jewels had a chance to come into the limelight at the wedding reception. They kept it very private, afaik so far no pics from the reception have leaked.

Did the sisters of Duke Franz also attend the wedding? I didn't see pictures of teh princes of Quadt and the princess of Waldburg-Zeil. And any other Bavarian princes there, like prince Luitpold & his wife Beatrix? Or somebody representing the branch of prince Rasso?

I didn't see any pictures either. But only a few of the hundreds of invitees were pictured by the press. And of course those photographers and publishers focused on famous actors or ex-ministers of defense...
Did you see the pic of Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe with his camera? My, I would like to have a peek into HIS photos!

Actually there are lots of tiaras in the posession of the Wittelsbach's. Don't know if this one is in the posession of Prince Leopold or some sort of permanent loan to this line of the Family. Apparently it was once in the poession of the last bavarian Queen Maria Theresia. But Prince Leopold is no descendnat of her.

Prince Leopold's mother Helene was not only married to his father, but to his cousin prince Eugen of Bavaria as well, after she was widowed. Eugen was one of the male-line descendants of Archduchess Gisela of Austria, daughter of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elisabeth, who inherited quite something out of the emperor's private estate when he died in 1916. So there could well be a bit of the Habsburg-jewels in the possession of Princess Filipa's grandmother, thus be available for a loan.

Prince Leopold's mother Helene was not only married to his father, but to his cousin prince Eugen of Bavaria as well, after she was widowed. Eugen was one of the male-line descendants of Archduchess Gisela of Austria, daughter of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elisabeth, who inherited quite something out of the emperor's private estate when he died in 1916. So there could well be a bit of the Habsburg-jewels in the possession of Princess Filipa's grandmother, thus be available for a loan.
Actually Prince Poldi himself is also a descendant of Archduchess Gisela. Her older daughter Elisabeth married a Count Seefried auf Buttenheim and their daughter married Prince Adalbert, Prince Poldi's grandfather.
What i thought about the Jewels is that they perhaps don't belong to the different Family members but to the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds and are lonas to the different Family members.

Last edited:
Did the sisters of Duke Franz also attend the wedding? I didn't see pictures of teh princes of Quadt and the princess of Waldburg-Zeil. And any other Bavarian princes there, like prince Luitpold & his wife Beatrix? Or somebody representing the branch of prince Rasso?
The Fürstinnen of Waldburg-Zeil and Quadt did not attend. Prince Luitpold was there as was his son Ludwig the future Head of the Family. But one they same day also a grandson of the late Prince Rasso, one of the Counts Kornis married so most likely this branch of the Family attended this WEdding.

Last edited:
Thank you Stefan.
Duke Max and Prince Leopold are something like 4th cousins, or so. So I think it very unlikely that he would get a tiara as permanent loan from the main branch of the family.
Duke Max really has a good choice of tiaras for his wife, who also has a tiara from her own family. And then his sisters also have at least one tiara.
I wonder if all the family jewels had a chance to come into the limelight at the wedding reception. They kept it very private, afaik so far no pics from the reception have leaked.
Actually i think some of the Jewels worn by Duchess Elizabeth are either in the posession of Duke Franz or the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds. At last the Lovers Knot tiara which is often worn by the Fürstin of Waldburg-Zeil is no private property as it's one display at the Treasor of the Residenz in Munich. Perhaps if we are lucky Bunte will have a few pics of the Evening reception.

I will definitely keep an eye on BUNTE.
But at the Prussian wedding last summer they advertised beforehand that there would be exclusive pics. So maybe the Bavarians just wanted to keep their wedding as private as possible and didn't make a deal with BUNTE.

After a long period of research I was finally able to find the burial place of Gustav Ritter Von Kahr. He was a loyal servant of the Royal Family.

Dr. Gustav Ritter von Kahr is buried at; Munchen, Nordfriedhof. Mauer-li-306-Grab 7

In the above PPE gallery of pics of the wedding, one nicely dressed , handsome middle aged man is labled as "partner von Duke Franz von Bayern".

Does that mean what I think it means? If so...I'd never heard that before. Cool.

Yes, it means what you think it means.

:previous:
refer posts #293 and #294 two pages back. :)

Today I had a nice surprise in my mailbox: A handwritten thank-you-card with a very very nice picture of the newly wedded couple Felipa and Christian.

Duke Max and Duchess Elizabeth attended a summer reception of the Bavarian State Parliament
at Schleissheim Palace near Munich, Germany, 17 July 2012.

** Pic **
(yes it's Gloria & Albert looking happy; to see an even happier Max & Elizabeth, click to pic #4)

Last edited:

Leopold (Poldi), Prince von Bayern and his wife Ursula, Princess von Bayern attended the 'BMW Wiesn' as part of the Oktoberfest beer festival at the crossbowman beer tent on September 24, 2012 in Munich, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Who were Count Berlioz and Duke Pfeitmeister?

Hi everyone. I posted my question on another thread but it doesn't appear it gets much traffic so I thought I would ask it here as well.

I am an author and am conducting extensive research on King Ludwig II and have stumbled upon some letters and diary entries belonging to King Ludwig II. Mentioned in two letters/notes dated November 2 and November 10 1871 are the names "Count Berlioz" and "Duke Pfeitmeister". I have not seen these names attached to anything else in research on Ludwig II. Does anyone have any idea who these people are? It appears, from one of the letters, Count Berlioz was staying in Linderhof at the time of Ludwig's stay in Munich with Frau Vogl. He states in the letter that the castle has fallen into Herr Holstein's hands. Holstein's name is quite familiar to me as is another mentioned in the letter: Herr Hornig, but Berlioz and Pfeitmeister elude me. Any light shed on these two names would be fantastic. Thank you.

Leopold, Prince von Bayern and Ursula, Princess von Bayern attended the Oktoberfest beer festival at the Kaefer tent in Munich on September 28, 2012. A few days earlier at the same festival Leopold preferred water instead of beer ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Count Michael von Kageneck died on 11 October 2012, aged 70.

He was born at Detmold on 4 December 1941, the second of the three sons of Count Franz Josef von Kageneck and of his wife, née Princess Elisabeth Maria of Bavaria (daughter of Prince Alfons of Bavaria and of his wife, née Princess Louise of Orléans). His father was killed in action later that month, on 29 November 1941.

He was married firstly from 1964 to 1970 to Christina Maria Bengels, secondly from 1972 to 1976 to Beate Apeldorn, and thirdly since 1977 to Lieselotte Buchenthal. By his three wives he became father of six children.

He is survived by his wife, his children, his brother Hubertus (the former husband of Archduchess Michaela of Austria) and his four half-sisters (from his mother's second marriage).

Royal News of 2012, Section I

Last edited by a moderator:

What i thought about the Jewels is that they perhaps don't belong to the different Family members but to the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds and are lonas to the different Family members.

The tiara that Ursula, Anna and Felipa have worn may also have been inherited in this way: Queen Maria Theresia --> her daughter Adelgunde, princess of Hohenzollern --> her step-granddaughter (and maybe goddaughter) Marie Adelgunde, mother of prince Leopold of Bavaria.

What other tiaras the Wittelsbachs own? I know the Lover Knots tiara and the huge ruby and diamond tiara that are on display at the Residenz in Munich and the floral tiara that Sophie wore the day of her wedding to Aloys of Liechstenstein.

Is there a site with information in English about the properties of the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds?

At last the Lovers Knot tiara which is often worn by the Fürstin of Waldburg-Zeil is no private property as it's one display at the Treasor of the Residenz in Munich.

Are the jewels on display in the Residenz at the disposal of the family? Isn't the tiara worn by the Furstin of Waldburg-Zeil a replica of the one in the museum?

Leopold, Prince von Bayern attended the 'Goldenes Lenkrad' (golden wheel) Award 2012 at the Axel-Springer Haus in Berlin on November 7, 2012.

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom