Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the scans, Muhler :flowers:

-----

Glad to see that Richard made it to his mom's wedding

Last edited:
I notice the groom's 2 younger children didn't attend?

Last edited by a moderator:
A 3rd (!) marriage....!? Hope for the bride (and of course for the guy himself) this time this will last! But I admit I´m a bit sceptic.

I thought we should go back in time to 2017 where Alexandra visited Egeskov Castle with her children, shortly after the divorce and where the seed that culminated in this wedding was planted.
BB happened to be there, because Joachim and our Marie went there and literally bumped into Count Michael and Alexandra without knowing anything. As such the focus is on J&M, but as Carina_a points out Alexandra's son sure has changed!

Here are the scans: https://app.box.com/s/1ywh263yw8u3pq0xqx5cvgzpi10ompag

And the summary I wrote back then. I must have been a little preoccupied, because I wrote Alexandra's ex, Jefferson, was there as well... :ermm:
I blame my wife. :D

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...y-part-4-july-2014-a-37204-8.html#post1993065

------------------------

Is the man on the right in this picture Alexandra's son, Richard?
https://static1.purepeople.com/arti...-de-la-princesse-alexandra-de-say-950x0-2.jpg

I can't tell anymore... His looks changed a lot since his grandfather's funeral :sad:

Pretty sure it is.

The man on the left, Gregers Ahlefeldt, is son of the groom and his attractive looking sweetheart, Paula Ihlen.

ADDED:
:previous: No idea.
And why so few Ahlefeldts and Laurvigs?
I guess they wanted this to be a cozy, rather than big wedding.

Why no Danish Royal attendence ?

Im thinking Frederik and Mary might have been on their way to South Korea for their official visit. With flight time and the time difference, they might have been out of Denmark already.
Joachim, with Marie, I believe were at the Aarhus car race that weekend. Not sure about distance and race times :flowers:

Princess Alexandra celebrated her 50th birthday yesterday, November 20.

Asked about her special birthday she told Danish Billed Bladet:

"I do not feel like a 50-year-old inside, but when I think about it, I feel a bit like "well it can not fit"", "My life has become so happy, so the number has no meaning, because it all just runs so nicely":

** BB article: Prinsesse Alexandra: Jeg føler mig ikke som en 50-årig indvendig **

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra has decorated the Christmas table at Egeskov Castle for a small exhibition at the current public Egeskov Christmas Market.

"When the family gathers at the castle during the Christmas period, children and adults must be able to feel the magical atmosphere that belongs to the Christmas season. Especially for my grandmother and my mother, Christmas was a very important time of the year".

** instagram post ** BB article **

New photo of Count Rchard, son of Princess Alexandra.
Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, turns 23 and decided to celebrate the special day in Egeskov "together with good friends", Count Michael told BILLED-BLADET.

"Richard is studying in Germany, closer to Berleburg, as an industrial trader. He will finish in the summer of 2023, after which he will continue his studies. But it has not yet been decided where", says Count Michael.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...af-prinsesse-alexandras-soen-det-laver-han-nu

It's interesting how both count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille married (thirdly) a member of the wider Danish royal family. Michael married princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, daughter of princess Benedikte of Denmark, and his 2 year younger sister, countess Suzanne, married Erik Ove Vind, grandson of prince Erik of Denmark (later: Count of Rosenborg).

Countess Suzanne was a lady-in-waiting to princess Alexandra (now Countess of Frederiksborg). Her father-in-law was Master of the Royal Hunt and her grandfather-in-law was Royal Danish Chamberlain. Michael himself also has the positions of Hunting Master (Hofjægermester since 2006) and Chamberlain (Kammerherre since 2015).

Michael's two sons have Frederik (the eldest son, his second child from his first marriage) and Joachim (the second son, third child; first from his second marriage) as godfathers.

Last edited:
It's interesting how both count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille married (thirdly) a member of the wider Danish royal family. Michael married princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, daughter of princess Benedikte of Denmark, and his 2 year younger sister, countess Suzanne, married Erik Ove Vind, grandson of prince Erik of Denmark (later: Count of Rosenborg). [...]

On Alexandra's side, it is also ironic how King Frederik IX only granted conditional consent to the marriage of Princess Benedikte, with the goal of limiting her children's rights to the Danish throne because of the concern that they would be raised outside of Denmark (which they were in the event), but now two of her three children live or have lived in Denmark and are Danish citizens, while at the same time two of Prince Joachim's children, who are unambiguously in line to the throne, are being raised outside of Denmark with the encouragement of Queen Margrethe II.

New photo of Count Rchard, son of Princess Alexandra.
Richard von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, turns 23 and decided to celebrate the special day in Egeskov "together with good friends", Count Michael told BILLED-BLADET.

"Richard is studying in Germany, closer to Berleburg, as an industrial trader. He will finish in the summer of 2023, after which he will continue his studies. But it has not yet been decided where", says Count Michael.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...af-prinsesse-alexandras-soen-det-laver-han-nu

When it was announced that Count Richard's maternal uncle Gustav was expecting a child via a surrogate mother, I wondered if Richard had already been aware of his uncle's plans for a long time, as otherwise Richard might have had a reasonable hope of one day taking over his uncle's large agricultural estate in Berleburg. Although his choice to train as an industrial trader instead of in forestry or agriculture might suggest his ambitions lie elsewhere.

In any case, Muhler translated an interview with Gustav in 2019 which he mentioned his closeness with his nephew Richard:

Not having children himself he revel in the role as uncle to his sister's children. In fact his nephew, Richard, now sleep in Gustav's old childhood room when he visits Berleburg.
"I love being an uncle and my Nephew, Richard who is now 19 and who will soon graduate from high school, is someone with whom I have a lot of contact.
As a child he always wanted to drive in the car with uncle Gustav. I see myself in my father and I see myself in him. He sort of walks in my footsteps."

Billed-Bladet was allowed to share this new photo of Countess Ingrid, which was taken in connection with her becoming a student at Nyborg Gymnasium this summer.

Princess Alexandra's daughter, Countess Ingrid, turns 19 on Tuesday.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...r-prinsesse-alexandra-sin-datter-paa-stor-dag

That's actually a mistranslation. It doesn't say that she started, but that she graduated from Nyborg Gymnasium last summer. According to Billed Bladet, she then enrolled at Copenhagen Business School.

:previous: That's correct!

Ingrid left Herlufsholm for Nyborg Gymnasium in 2020. Graduated in 2022 and started CBS the same year. Before Herlufsholm, I think both she and her brother attended Louisenlund.

Thank you both for the correction, which I will copy to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom