Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's always sad to hear couples separating after spending a long time together. But if it was the best decision for the both of them, then divorce seems like a healthy option.

Wow, I didn't see that coming, but I'd also never heard about her husband's mental health issues. That can, indeed, put an incredible amount of stress on a relationship.

It sounds like they've been separated for awhile and Richard either vetoed a divorce or they didn't tell him and were waiting for him to die to formalize things.

I hope both of them are happier in the future and that they're able to effectively co-parent their two children.

Forelsket i prinsesse Alexandra: Greven fra Egeskov fortæller i BILLED-BLADET | BILLED-BLADET

Alexandra has officially fallen in love with Michael Ahlefeldt Laurvig Bille. Who is very solid Danish nobility! The relationship has been confirmed.
He is the owner of Egeskov Castle - and that can hardly be a more romantic home!

Read more about Egeskov Castle, where I imagine Alexandra is currently spending a lot of time these days.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ces-general-discussion-19015.html#post2000213

Is the divorce finalized yet?

Forelsket i prinsesse Alexandra: Greven fra Egeskov fortæller i BILLED-BLADET | BILLED-BLADET

Alexandra has officially fallen in love with Michael Ahlefeldt Laurvig Bille. Who is very solid Danish nobility! The relationship has been confirmed.
He is the owner of Egeskov Castle - and that can hardly be a more romantic home!

Read more about Egeskov Castle, where I imagine Alexandra is currently spending a lot of time these days.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ces-general-discussion-19015.html#post2000213

Nice that she has moved on. According to the Danish Wikipedia page the count has been married twice and has four children.

It is a lovely castle indeed.

I have not read anything about a finalization of her divorce.

Last edited:

Nice that she has found a good relationship. The Castle is a dream.
Michael is also the godfather of Prince Vincent
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xUuAjFvrg...Ehw/BbdWtW0WXFU/s400/19_DK_officielle_pix.jpg

Reactions: eya
Just hoping that this relationship wasn't the one that caused (or was the final straw for) the break up from Jefferson. I noticed that the count also recently divorced (last year).

Just hoping that this relationship wasn't the one that caused (or was the final straw for) the break up from Jefferson. I noticed that the count also recently divorced (last year).

Tbh I was thinking the exact same thing, but it might be a coincidence.

The Ahlefeldt family is very close to the DRF. So it would have been almost unavoidable that the two of them would have met. - Apart from the fact the Alexandra and Michael Ahlefeldt have probably known each other most of their lives. They may even have been personal friends.

I don't think their relationship is recent. They wouldn't go out confirming they are in love if they fell for each other only a couple of weeks ago.
To me that suggests that Alexandra has either moved in at Egeskov or is on the verge of doing so.
Their relationship IMO must be at least several months old.

Is her divorce finalized? I do remember when Jefferson lost his job, Prince Richard purchased a house for them, I believe near Berleburg. Does anyone else remember this?

Everyone deserves happiness! I pray that both she and Jefferson find happiness!

Is her divorce finalized? I do remember when Jefferson lost his job, Prince Richard purchased a house for them, I believe near Berleburg. Does anyone else remember this?

Everyone deserves happiness! I pray that both she and Jefferson find happiness!

After both lost their job, Jefferson had been unemployed for some time since his bank went bankrupt, Richard bought them a house. Its about two hours away from the family estate.

Royal Musings: The unemployed Princess ...

I don't think the fact she has moved on so fast is a sign there was adultery. Though they may have been unofficially separated a long time before we knew, and both the couple have moved on.

Clearly she has known Michael for some time. Considering he is Vincent's godfather, he has a relationship with the Danish royals. I'd not be surprised if she has known him through her Danish relatives for years.

Amazing home he has must I say. Said to be the largest water castle. It seems to be quite the tourist sight. Makes sense, takes a lot of money to help keep a place like that running.

Clearly she has known Michael for some time. Considering he is Vincent's godfather, he has a relationship with the Danish royals. I'd not be surprised if she has known him through her Danish relatives for years.
More than that. Princess Benedikte is Michael's godmother and
Crown Prince Frederik is the godfather of Michael's oldest (only?) son.
IIRC, Prince Joachim is also a godfather to one of his youngest children.

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #39, 2017.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Who has in particular been talking with Count Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille.

First a few facts.
Alexandra's divorce has been finalized according to the article.
Their relationship has lasted for some months, over the summer.
Alexandra is still living in Germany with her two children, Count Richars, age 18 and comtessa Ingrid, age 13.
Michael Ahlefeldt is 51 and Alexandra is 46.

They recently decided to go public with their relationship at a large party at member of the Lego-family, Anders Kirk.

To BB Michael Ahlefeldt says: "Yes, we are very, very glad/happy/delighted. It feels really good and very lovely".
Princess Benedikte is godmother to Micheal Ahlefeldt, but she may soon be his mother-in-law instead: "Yes, that's very cozy. - It's true that we have known each other all our lives and we have indeed met sort of on off at various parties, where we have chatted and had a cozy time and shared sorrows and joys. - But now that both Alexandra and my life has changed, you suddenly see each other in a different light. And that's basically what has happened".

Micheal Ahlefeldt was divorced in 2016, from his wife of ten years, Caroline Søeborg Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille, with whom he has two children, aged 8 and 10.
At about the same time Alexandra went through her divorce after a marriage lasting 18 years, which happened a couple of months after the death of her father, Prince Richard.
Being emotionally turbulent times for both of them they fell for each other: "Yes, one isn't the master of that... fortunately".

Will Alexandra move in at Egeskov? How about her (basically full blooded German) children?
"Right now we are just happy and glad that two (people) like us can find love, so we take things with ease and calm and enjoy it very much. But we are very glad and everything works fine".

But Alexandra's children?
"When you are as happy as we are, so find a way out for that as well".

What does the family think?
"Everyone seems to be glad on our behalf and that's lovely. We are both very, very pleased with that".

His ex-wife has also been asked for a comment.
Caroline Søeborg says: "I've always hoped Michael would find a sweet sweetheart - and that you can say he has! Alexandra is a super sweet and nice girl and I'm very happy for both of them and wish them well".

Last edited:
More than that. Princess Benedikte is Michael's godmother and
Crown Prince Frederik is the godfather of Michael's oldest (only?) son.
IIRC, Prince Joachim is also a godfather to one of his youngest children.

That will be his son, aged 10 and daughter aged 8.

Muhler said:
That will be his son, aged 10 and daughter aged 8.

I believe the count has a daughter and son from his first marriage to Margrethe Kierketerp-Møller. They are in their early twenties.

Alexandra's son is 18 so he perhaps is going to university and does not live at home? The daughter is a bit younger. IIRC Alexandra met her husband at a German boarding school. Do/did her children go to the same school?

Last edited:
??
Joachim is godfather to both of them or what?

No, as you wrote Frederik is the godfather to the eldest, the son.
Joachim is godfather to the youngest, the daughter.

I believe the count has a daughter and son from his first marriage to Margrethe Kierketerp-Møller. They are in their early twenties.

That may be. I don't know.
But the two children he has with Caroline Søeborg, were specifically mentioned in the article.

No, as you wrote Frederik is the godfather to the eldest, the son.
Joachim is godfather to the youngest, the daughter.

There are 4 children. Frederik's godson is a Gregers, 20 something.
The 2 oldest are with the previous wife.

I stand corrected. ?

It is good to see Alexandra so happy. I am quite sure her family is happy for her!

They both look happy together.

With that interview and their recent joint appearance at Prince Frederik's 50th birthday I would not be surprised if we heard about wedding bells for them in the future :flowers: If that's their will of course !

Princess Alexandra and her Children are living in her Boyfriend's Castle. Will she marry him now she is divorced ?

Actually Alexandra's daughter is attending a boarding school and her son does not live with her either. I can't remember off hand where he is, but you can probably find out in the Berleburg thread.
But she does live with her boyfriend at Egeskov Castle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egeskov_Castle
The place couldn't be more romantic, if you are inclined to dreams about marrying a noble and live at his old castle.

Actually Alexandra's daughter is attending a boarding school and her son does not live with her either. I can't remember off hand where he is, but you can probably find out in the Berleburg thread.

But she does live with her boyfriend at Egeskov Castle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egeskov_Castle
The place couldn't be more romantic, if you are inclined to dreams about marrying a noble and live at his old castle.

'Romantic' only if it has a 100% upgrade inside. ;) I go clean and convenient as well as atmospheric, but definitely tend towards the modern interpretation of 'romantic'.

Back
Top Bottom