Princely Houses of Erbach

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Comital and Princely Houses of Erbach

ErbachArms.jpg

Erbach Arms

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone can help me solve a bit of a mystery

I have been looking at the descendents of Georg Ludwig of Erbach-Schönberg born 1 jan 1903 and Marie Margarethe Deringer and found two Xenias who I think may be the same person

Firstly Heins bruins on his site Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
shows her listed as an illigitimate daughter of Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg and an unknown count of of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim

the listing is as follows:

1.1.2.2.Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg (1930-1993), m.1951 (div 1960) Karl Josef Dierkes (1924-2008)
1.1.2.2.1.Anja Dierkes (*1952), m. ............ Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.1.Jannes Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.2.Nana Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.3.[by ............] Linus Dierkes
1.1.2.2.2.Petra Dierkes (*1953)
1.1.2.2.3.Jan-Wilm Dierkes (1956-1959)
1.1.2.2.4.Tatjana Dierkes (*1960)
1.1.2.2.5.[by Count ............ of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim] Xenia zu Erbach-Schönberg (*1963).

However Daryll Lundy's site "the Peerage "shows a Xenia being a daughter of Prinz Mayolf
thePeerage.com - Person Page 6343

This is suported by Geneall.net.
GeneAll.net - Xenia, Prinzessin zu Erbach-Schnberg

and Erbach 5.
where it also shows her as having died in the last century i.e 19??

Are these in fact the same person and does anyone have any more details.

Many Thanks

She isn't listed at all in Paul Theroff's genealogy of Erbach Family; as children of Prince Maynolf are listed only Isabelle and Peter.

It would make sense if she indeed was the illegitimate daughter of Princess Edda, in this case she would have assumed her mother's surname zu Erbach-Schönberg and wouldn't be listed among the members of the Family.

She isn't listed at all in Paul Theroff's genealogy of Erbach Family; as children of Prince Maynolf are listed only Isabelle and Peter.

It would make sense if she indeed was the illegitimate daughter of Princess Edda, in this case she would have assumed her mother's surname zu Erbach-Schönberg and wouldn't be listed among the members of the Family.

I'm a bit sad for the young lady as it is not her fault that her mother did not marry her father. And it's simply the law in Germany of today that the child of an unmarried mother bears the last name of said mother - be it Miller, Meier or Prinzessin von Erbach. It has nothing to do with the wish to appear as something she is not - and as she is the daughter of this Princess Edda, she is by blood a part of the family - just not "standesrechtlich" (according to nobility-laws) due to rules which went out of order nearly 100 years ago.

It's a different thing with Iris of Saxony and her daughters. Iris is the morganatic daughter of Timo of Saxony and, though having been married several times, gave birth to her daughters on declaring them fatherless, so they could legally use her name of Duchess of Saxony, Princess of Saxony.
At least one of the daughters, Xenia, tried to form a media career on using her "title" as a "Princess". That's IMHO taking advantage of very loose family relations and the name law of a country which didn't deprive the nobility of their traditions. And that's very, very tacky.

Does the current leader of the House Erbach-Fürstenau lead also the "Gräflich Erbach-Fürstenauische Verwaltung" in Beerfelden?

I wonder if anyone can help me solve a bit of a mystery

I have been looking at the descendents of Georg Ludwig of Erbach-Schönberg born 1 jan 1903 and Marie Margarethe Deringer and found two Xenias who I think may be the same person

Firstly Heins bruins on his site Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
shows her listed as an illigitimate daughter of Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg and an unknown count of of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim

the listing is as follows:

1.1.2.2.Princess Edda Marie of Erbach-Schönberg (1930-1993), m.1951 (div 1960) Karl Josef Dierkes (1924-2008)
1.1.2.2.1.Anja Dierkes (*1952), m. ............ Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.1.Jannes Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.2.Nana Ruser
1.1.2.2.1.3.[by ............] Linus Dierkes
1.1.2.2.2.Petra Dierkes (*1953)
1.1.2.2.3.Jan-Wilm Dierkes (1956-1959)
1.1.2.2.4.Tatjana Dierkes (*1960)
1.1.2.2.5.[by Count ............ of Solms-Rödelheim und Assenheim] Xenia zu Erbach-Schönberg (*1963).

However Daryll Lundy's site "the Peerage "shows a Xenia being a daughter of Prinz Mayolf
thePeerage.com - Person Page 6343

This is suported by Geneall.net.
GeneAll.net - Xenia, Prinzessin zu Erbach-Schnberg

and Erbach 5.
where it also shows her as having died in the last century i.e 19??

Are these in fact the same person and does anyone have any more details.

Many Thanks

Xenia Pr. zu Erbach-Schönberg (*1963) is indeed the youngest daughter of Edda Marie. And she is still alive, working as an architect. There is no second Xenia - Prince Maynolf has only two children. It's just a mistake, that Xenia is listed as his daughter. She is his niece.

principessa said:
Does the current leader of the House Erbach-Fürstenau lead also the "Gräflich Erbach-Fürstenauische Verwaltung" in Beerfelden?

Yes, that would be Raimund Gf. zu Erbach-Fürstenau.

Sorry for my poor english skills - but that at least allows information directly from Germany ;-)

Count George III of Erbach-Breuberg (1548-1605) was heir of Reichenberg Castle.
He converted Reichenberg Castle into a Renaissance style fortress.

H.Ill.H. Count Franz zu Erbach-Erbach und von Wartenberg-Roth died on 2 October 2015 at his residence Jagdschloss Eulbach (near Michelstadt, Hessen, Germany).

He was born at Erbach on 5 February 1925, the second and last child of Count Alexander zu Erbach-Erbach and of his wife Christa, née von Zülow.
He was married firstly in 1952 to Princess Margarethe zu Waldeck und Pyrmont (1923-2003; she was the eldest daughter of Fürst Josias and of his wife, née Duchess Altburg of Oldenburg). They had two children together (Alexandra and Franz) before divorcing in 1979.
On the same year he remarried to Christa Blösinger (1947-2013), by whom he had a son named Magnus-Alexander.
He is survived by his three children and by their families.

Trauer um Graf Franz II. - Echo Online
Erbach

His son and successor Count Franz is married since 1985 to Princess Alexandra Reuss and they are parents of a daughter, Countess Felicitas, and two sons, Hereditary Count Georg-Albrecht and Count Konrad.

Back
Top Bottom