Princely House von Dietrichstein (extinct 1964)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc23

Royal Highness
City
philadelphia
Country
United States
I have been searching this forum about this family and found nothing :-(

Any of you that can share any information about this family?

I have found in Wikipedia a very ample article about the noble family of von Dietrichstein.

There is a shortage of information about this family.

They were made Princes of the Holy Roman Empire in 17th century...In 19th century Prince von Dietrichstein zu Nikolsburg was a first cousin of Queen Victoria,while Queen Victoria herself descended from Dietrichstein-Hollenburg line...apart from those little things I don't know much about this family!

There is a shortage of information about this family.

They were made Princes of the Holy Roman Empire in 17th century...In 19th century Prince von Dietrichstein zu Nikolsburg was a first cousin of Queen Victoria,while Queen Victoria herself descended from Dietrichstein-Hollenburg line...apart from those little things I don't know much about this family!

German Wikipedia has an article about the family, which ended in the male-line in 1858 with the resignation (abdication of the 10.th prince). In 1868 the son-in-law of the 9.th prince was created 11.th prince (or 1. of Second Creation). This 11.th prince was the son of queen Victoria's aunt Sophie of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and Count Emmanuel Mensdorff-Pouilly, he was married to Alexandrine of Dietrichstein. Their grandson, the 3. or 13. prince died 1964 leaving only a daughter. So the title is extinct.

I have now read at Royal Musings that Princess Beatrice,after Henry's death,wanted to marry her cousin Albert,who was a brother of Prince von Dietrichstein and that Queen Victoria was very fond of the family as well as Prince Albert von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha,whose favorite cousin was Prince Alexander von Dietrichstein,at the time of his birth Count von Mensdorf-Pouilly...

But,the marriage was not to be since he was a Catholic and by marrying him,Beatrice would lose her place in succession...

Johanna Beatrix von Dietrichstein-Nikolsburg was the wife of Karl Eusebius, Prince of Liechtenstein.

Back
Top Bottom