Princely House von Bismarck

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathalie von Bismarck attended the 'Forever Crazy' show at the Postpalast in Munich, Germany, on December 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Nathalie von Bismarck attended amfAR's 20th annual Cinema Against AIDS during the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d'Antibes, southern France on May 23, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Count Andreas von Bismarck-Schönhausen passed away in Salzburg on 20 July 2013, aged 72.

Born in Berlin on 14 February 1941, he was the youngest child and only son of Count Gottfried von Bismarck-Schönhausen and of his wife, née Countess Melanie Hoyos.
He has been married firstly from 1965 to 1974 to Countess Olivia Larisch von Moennich, by whom he had two daughters, Christina and Tatjana. He later remarried in 1975 to Charlotte Kinberg, by whom he had a third daughter, Stephanie.
He is survived by his wife Charlotte, his three daughters and their families.

Leute: Stephanie zu Guttenberg trauert um ihren Vater - N24.de

His daughter youngest Stephanie is the wife of former German Minister of Defence Baron Karl Therodor von und zu Guttenberg.

Nathalie von Bismarck attended the Life Charity Cocktail in favour of the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem in Munich, Germany on September 10, 2013:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On October 19 Nathalie von Bismarck and Carl-Eduard von Bismarck attended the Hadassah Dinner And Dance Charity Gala at the Kesselhaus in Munich, Germany.

** Pic **

And on October 29 Nathalia von Bismarck was a guest at Gabrielle's Angel Foundation Hosts Angel Ball 2013 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York.

** Pic **

Bunte has an article about Fürstin Bismarck, with the caption: "Fürstin Elisabeth von Bismarck is ashamed for her son".

She thinks that her son Carl Eduard put the family name to shame. In January Fürst Ferdinand went to the notary and made his younger son Gregor head of the estate.

Fürstin Elisabeth von Bismarck: Sie schämt sich für ihren Sohn! | BUNTE.de

The Fürst already planned this action in 2010:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/princely-house-von-bismarck-18537-3.html#post1174942

Last edited:
:previous:
What does "going to the notary" mean? Does Gregor become the next Furst? ... or is he just going to manage the family affairs and funds?

Last edited:
Nathalie von Bismarck gave birth to a girl on 8th September in London. Only her closest friends knew that she was pregnant, her ex-husband was informed only after the birth. She didn't tell Bunte who the father of the girl is, but it isn't her ex-husband. The girl has as last name Nathalie's maiden name Bariman.
Nathalie von Bismarck Baby von neuem Mann! BUNTE.de

Ferdinand von Bismarck married the Belgian countess Elisabeth Lippens.
Do their sons have any title through their Belgian mother?

No, they don't. Actually, I'm not even sure that Elisabeth was a Countess at all, since the comital title wasn't granted to all the members of the Lippens family but only to certain male members.

How outrageous for the House of Bismarcks to cope with such a commoner who gets pregnant from another man while still married to a Bismarck! And dares to go around publicly using the Bismarck name...What a shameful action!

I suppose the Bismarcks understand that it is best to keep quiet about it, as they must realise too that the behavior of the ex-husband is far more shameful.

Last edited:
Exactly, I think Nathalie at least tried, but Calle is beyond help. At some point she moved on with her life and had another baby. The baby has her maiden name and not Bismarck, and why should Nathalie give up the Bismarck name while her children keep it?

TBH I always find it odd when after a divorce a lady keeps her ex-husbands name. I don't know (m)any examples in the Netherlands where that happened. Why would you want to be associated with your ex in such a way?

However it seems to be more common in Germany, Corinna von Sayn Witgenstein Sayn is another example. Or CE's deceased 2nd ex-wife Celia von Bismarck.

I can understand in Nathalie's case when there are underaged children. Why would a mother give up the ex-husband's name and have a different name than her children?

I agree with you that very often not so famous women keep the name of their ex to remain in the spotlight, eg Boris Becker.

There was a documentary this week on German TV (ZDF or ARD) about the Von Bismarcks. I found it amusing to hear one of the Bismarcks telling that when she ordered goods by telephone, the person at the other side immediately imagined to have a Gutsherrin on the line, while she was just living in a normal house (looked a decent one anyway) in a normal (decent) neighbourhood.

The Von Bismarcks certainly still have estates but the family is pretty extended. Only a few handful are Gutsherr or Gutsherrin indeed. The rest live pretty normal lives.

Well, there is nothing to keep it quiet, the ex-husband in case tried everything to keep his family together even couple therapy - bunte article. But the wife in case couldn't wait and ashamed the all family. Its fine to move on, but is better to keep the delays. Its undoubtely shameful. What a pitty!

Last edited:
Well, it always takes two to tango but Calle has gone through 3 marriages with confessed substance abuse and an addiction to alcohol. I am not sure how he tried to keep everything together. He doesnt even pay child support. He let the whole Bismarck family down, not only his own family.

Dear Duke we dont know what goes on, we only know through the press, in any case the point is how a married woman, gets pregnant from another man while still married to a Bismarck and goes publicly about it? It is not a matter of if the husband had issues or not.
It's a moral matter. Its what happens when you marry somone from a different background. You can't buy class.
Her actions surely affected the situation in general. It's totally not chic!

Last edited:
In the latest public scandal to afflict one of Germany’s most prominent aristocratic families, the Canadian-born wife of Germany’s Carl-Eduard Graf von Bismarck has sued him for $3.4 million in unpaid child support.

Born in Montreal, designer Nathalie Bariman married into the Bismarck family in 2004 after a period of rather intense pursuit by the German nobleman.

The Canadian’s Jewish heritage, in particular, was seen as a milestone in German history.

“You two have united history … the next Prince of Bismarck will be a mix of both religions,” German Chancellor Angela Merkel is said to have told the couple at a function.

Their whirlwind seven-year marriage included living at Germany’s picturesque Friedrichsruh Castle, opening an upscale hair salon for children in New York, and having Nathalie featured on the cover of a New York glamour magazine as the “modern contessa.”
Read more: German aristocrat sued by Canadian-born wife for $3.4M in child support

Is this wife no. 3? What a mess. But how on earth can the former countess justify 50.000 dollars per month as child support?

It was part of the divorce settlement. So either he agreed, or the courts agreed on her side that 50,000 was reasonable based on his assets :bang: It does seem that the papers said that she is not required to find work to support herself. So the 50,000 perhaps is not all child support but takes into account alimony?

Not Kosher

Bonjour,
It all comes to my initial point.

His 3rd wife who is claiming millions in child support ain't no jewish princess.

Nathalie Bariman was born in a Kibbutz in Israel, raised in one dorm flat in the suburbs of Montreal, attented the Israeli Army, its not clear either if she has studies or not.

Surely she saw in the Count, who was married to the graceful Celia von Bismarck, a source to pay for her life, made two kids, moved to the USA and go to the Court after him there.

What he saw on her it remains a big mistery...

I wonder why the press don't mention the fact that she is also after the money of the father of her 3rd child Mia Bariman Fritz, a child she had from the Bunte German Journalist Oliver Fritz, while was still married to the Count.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom