The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2019, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Funeral of Princess Stéphanie of Windisch-Graetz take place today in Brussels . From the Belgian Royal family attend Prince Laurent

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6653315

Old 07-22-2019, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Funeral of Princess Stéphanie of Windisch-Graetz take place today in Brussels . From the Belgian Royal family attend Prince Laurent

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6653315
Was Stéphanie a friend of Prince Laurent or the Belgian royal family, or is the prince attending in recognition of their common descent from Leopold I?

Old 07-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Majesty

I attended this morning the Funerals of HSH Princess Stephanie de Windisch Graetz because she is a Descendent of a Habsbourg and a Coburg what our actual King is not.

High Nobility from Belgium Austria and other countries from the Ex Austria Empire, the Ambassador of Slovaquia etc..

I was welcomed by her two Sons , wife and Children

Delphine Boel , elegantly dressed in black sat at the second row.

The mass was a one hour an a half traditional in french and in Latin. Everybody was looking if Delphine will receive the holy communion and she did receive.

At the very end a man was singing the Kaiser Hymn, I heard for the last time since Archuke Otto 's Funerals in Vienna.

I left before the end but was stopped by a lady singing the extroadinary "Amazing Grace " and i realised Prince Laurent was next to me. Black suit , black tie and great Emotion. I said to him : Merci Monseigneur d'être venu and he bowed to me.
Unforgettable Funerals.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for your first-hand report. Very nice to read that they played the Kaiserhymne at the end.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's sounds like a very special occasion.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Funeral Mass took place at Saint-Jacques on the Coudenberg where king Leopold I too the oath on the steps of that very church.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Indeed , on July 21 th 1831 , therefore our National Day
Old 07-23-2019, 03:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I attended this morning the Funerals of HSH Princess Stephanie de Windisch Graetz because she is a Descendent of a Habsbourg and a Coburg what our actual King is not.

High Nobility from Belgium Austria and other countries from the Ex Austria Empire, the Ambassador of Slovaquia etc..

I was welcomed by her two Sons , wife and Children

Delphine Boel , elegantly dressed in black sat at the second row.

The mass was a one hour an a half traditional in french and in Latin. Everybody was looking if Delphine will receive the holy communion and she did receive.

At the very end a man was singing the Kaiser Hymn, I heard for the last time since Archuke Otto 's Funerals in Vienna.

I left before the end but was stopped by a lady singing the extroadinary "Amazing Grace " and i realised Prince Laurent was next to me. Black suit , black tie and great Emotion. I said to him : Merci Monseigneur d'être venu and he bowed to me.
Unforgettable Funerals.
It's lovely to know that you attended it. But what did you mean by saying the actual King is not a descendant of Coburg? I would understand Habsburg...but Coburg?
Old 07-23-2019, 06:48 AM
Majesty

King Philippe is a descendant of the Count of Flandres ( Leopold II 's Brother) and his wife born Princess of Hohenzollern Sigmaringen. Their Son Albert I married Duchess Elisabeth of Baviera
That means Cobourg of course Baviera.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
King Philippe is a descendant of the Count of Flandres ( Leopold II 's Brother) and his wife born Princess of Hohenzollern Sigmaringen. Their Son Albert I married Duchess Elisabeth of Baviera
That means Cobourg of course Baviera.
So what is your point?

Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders was the 3rd son of Leopold I who was born Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and later Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. His wife Princess Marie is from the cadet Swabian branch of the House of Hohenzollern, Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.

Their son Albert I married Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria of the Palatinate branch, a cadet branch of the House of Wittelsbach.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Majesty

My point is they are Cobourg but not Habsbourg such as the descendents of Princess Stephanie of the Belgians and Crown Prince Rodolphe of Austria.

The newspaper wrote she was the Cousine of King Albert II are wrong , not a very close Cousine as 3 Generations before.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
My point is they are Cobourg but not Habsbourg such as the descendents of Princess Stephanie of the Belgians and Crown Prince Rodolphe of Austria.

The newspaper wrote she was the Cousine of King Albert II are wrong , not a very close Cousine as 3 Generations before.
Oh I get it now. That's so true. Indeed. The newspaper had poor research.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
So what is your point?

Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders was the 3rd son of Leopold I who was born Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and later Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. His wife Princess Marie is from the cadet Swabian branch of the House of Hohenzollern, Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.

Their son Albert I married Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria of the Palatinate branch, a cadet branch of the House of Wittelsbach.

All current members of the Royal House of Wittelbach are descendants of the Palatinian brach of the family, as the Bavarian branch died out in 1777, so Karl-Theodor, Prince Elector of the Palatinate inherited Bavaria. When he died childless in 1799, his cousin Maximilian I. of Pfalz-Sulzbach inherited Bavaria (from 1806 he was king of Bavaria). Due to Napoleon's troups occupying the Palatinate, all Palatinian branches of the Wittelsbach family moved on to Bavaria, where they were given the title of Duke/Duchess "in" Bavaria, as they had never been "von" Bavaria.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
All current members of the Royal House of Wittelbach are descendants of the Palatinian brach of the family, as the Bavarian branch died out in 1777, so Karl-Theodor, Prince Elector of the Palatinate inherited Bavaria. When he died childless in 1799, his cousin Maximilian I. of Pfalz-Sulzbach inherited Bavaria (from 1806 he was king of Bavaria). Due to Napoleon's troups occupying the Palatinate, all Palatinian branches of the Wittelsbach family moved on to Bavaria, where they were given the title of Duke/Duchess "in" Bavaria, as they had never been "von" Bavaria.
All the Palatine branches already had the "Duke/Duchess in Bavaria" included amongst their titles, as they were descendants in male line of earlier dukes of Bavaria.

https://www.heraldica.org/topics/royalty/HGBayern.htm
Old 08-05-2019, 02:35 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie, Princess of Windisch-Graetz greeted his eldest son Prince Maximilian Hugo of Windisch-Graetz on his 29th birthday.

**https://www.instagram.com/p/B0v5WrmifXz/
Old 08-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Maximilian Hugo, Hereditary Prince of Windisch-Graetz at Fort de Brégançon, France.

**https://www.instagram.com/p/B08PsD0isP0/
Old 08-22-2019, 06:34 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie, Princess of Windisch-Graetz has posted a beautiful photo of her grandmother, Princess Elisabeth, Countess of Törring-Jettenbach together with her sisters, Olga, Princess Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. In the photo is also her great-grandmother Princess Nicholas of Greece and Denmark, Grand Duchess of Russia beside Czar Nicholas II of Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1dSbFZCcQr/
Old 08-22-2019, 09:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Sophie, Princess of Windisch-Graetz has posted a beautiful photo of her grandmother, Princess Elisabeth, Countess of Törring-Jettenbach together with her sisters, Olga, Princess Paul of Yugoslavia and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. In the photo is also her great-grandmother Princess Nicholas of Greece and Denmark, Grand Duchess of Russia beside Czar Nicholas II of Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1dSbFZCcQr/
Extraordinary photo!!!Wonderfull.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

"Awaiting to celebrate the birth of Jesus ������with all the family."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6dmyZWC_Zw/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6doCDUCozb/
Old 12-24-2019, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Awaiting to celebrate the birth of Jesus ������with all the family."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6dmyZWC_Zw/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6doCDUCozb/
Is that painting of her son who has passed away?

Tags
windisch-graetz