Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 2: July 2008 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the second thread about the princely house of Thurn & Taxis. The previous thread can be found here.

ThurnundTaxis1.jpg

Arms of the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis

Last edited:
Pics 23.7.2008

Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis, Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis
and US singer and actress Liza Minnelli at the Thurn und Taxis castle
Festival at castle St. Emmeram in Regensburg, Germany - 23/07/2008.
Liza Minelli performed at the Thurn und Taxis castle festival.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The same event covered in Hello!
Liza sings for wealthy aristocrats at their Bavarian castle
The magazine incorrectly identifies Gloria's title as "Countess of Thurn und Taxis" (well, I guess that was her title before her marriage) instead of Princess. I usually expect errors like this from American magazines and not Hello! considering their regular coverage of royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria Theresa looks a bit weird.
May be she is emulating her mother of the crazy years.
Elizabeth looks more "normal".

M-T is 28 and Elizabeth is 26.
However there was never any rumour of possible romance or dating which is rather odd.
It looks like mummy Gloria is a hen-mother always cautious that her beloved daughters won't fell in any predators hands (as some would say she acted), but nevertheless is strange that in the german aristocratic circles they hang around there was never any hint for the girls.

Does anybody have any info on the 2 previous T&T princesses, the sisters Infantas Isabel and Maria Anna of Bragança ?

Little is known abouth them .

They seem to have kept a low key life.

Are there any photos of them, their weddings, receptions they've attended ?

Thanks in advance

Oh wow the hair line, where did it go? Poor thing, to be losing your hair so early in life.

Yeah poor Albert..He should really consider a hair transplant for the future and as for Maria and Elisabeth GET A STYLIST!!!These two are dressing like a gypsies.But I'm not worried about them mummie will for sure find a "great match" for them just like she did for herself.

Does anyone know how tall Albert is? in the picture with his mom and liza he seems to tower over the two of them

he is 1.96 m impressive isn't it..Gloria once mentioned in one interview that he is way to tall to be a car race driver but i guess it's not a problem for him cause he's doing rather well

well i read in another article that he's 1.96 but who can believe all the tabloid the one that you posted for example says that he's 24 but actually he's already 25..but whatever

well i read in another article that he's 1.96 but who can believe all the tabloid the one that you posted for example says that he's 24 but actually he's already 25..but whatever

Yes Veronika Leon, you're right about the age, the BILD ZEITUNG isn't up to date about Albert and his sister Elisabeth, she's already 26. But concerning to Albert's size - in fact the newspaper comes near to the truth.

I guess it's not a huge issue anyway..but the article itself I find actually quite funny Albert having a crush on Liza Minelli..no seriously i wish him all my best to find a great partner for life cause that's at least in my opinion the most important thing ever

I guess it's not a huge issue anyway..but the article itself I find actually quite funny Albert having a crush on Liza Minelli..no seriously i wish him all my best to find a great partner for life cause that's at least in my opinion the most important thing ever

Who knows, who knows :rolleyes:, perhaps is Albert T&T just like Benjamin Braddock from "The graduate" and he is waiting for his Mrs. Robinson including a pretty daughter for the happy end ;).

Pics 27.7.2008

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis arrives for the premiere of 'Don Giovanni'
during the annual Salzburg festival on July 27, 2008 in Salzburg, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Furstin Gloria is being interviewed on the ARD at the moment on the programme 'Marschberger'. She is telling about her relations with a cardinal, about the death of the ormer pope and about the conclave, when cardinal Ratzinger was proclaumed the new pope etc.

She tries to go to mass every day but that is not possible as they don't have masses everywhere anymore. But in biger cities it is still possible.

Furstin Gloria is being interviewed on the ARD at the moment on the programme 'Marschberger'. She is telling about her relations with a cardinal, about the death of the ormer pope and about the conclave, when cardinal Ratzinger was proclaumed the new pope etc.

She tries to go to mass every day but that is not possible as they don't have masses everywhere anymore. But in biger cities it is still possible.

Marengo, she is simply doing promotion work for her new book together with Joachim Kardinal Meisner, who took part in the Maischberger show as well:
Amazon.de: Die Fürstin und der Kardinal: Ein Gespräch über Glauben und Tradition: Joachim Kardinal Meisner, Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, Johannes Marten: Bücher

I think that Gloria has become a real kick. She looks like she goes to the corner beauty salon, wears no make-up, has let her figure go to pot and wears frumpy clothes. Yet, she is always wearing a string of priceless pearls around her neck!
She seems to have a real gusto for life and has let all vanity fall by the wayside.
Good for her!

I think that Gloria has become a real kick. She looks like she goes to the corner beauty salon, wears no make-up, has let her figure go to pot and wears frumpy clothes. Yet, she is always wearing a string of priceless pearls around her neck!
She seems to have a real gusto for life and has let all vanity fall by the wayside.
Good for her!

no make-up -> good for your skin :D
a few more kilos on your hips and elsewhere -> no or less wrinkles :whistling:
frumpy clothes -> I wouldn't call a Dirndl frumpy!!!:bang:

All in all a classy life.

Furstin Gloria is being interviewed on the ARD at the moment on the programme 'Marschberger'. She is telling about her relations with a cardinal, about the death of the former pope and about the conclave, when cardinal Ratzinger was proclaimed the new pope ... [snipped and my bolding]
I wonder what special information about the conclave Furstin Gloria is privy to. I mean conclaves happen in private and the public are not allowed in. Could a participant of a conclave share information with his friends?
As for the recent photos of Furstin Gloria, I have to say that she looked happy and relaxed. I like that she opts for national costumes.

I wonder what special information about the conclave Furstin Gloria is privy to. I mean conclaves happen in private and the public are not allowed in. Could a participant of a conclave share information with his friends?

Gloria is a leading member of the German section of the very catholic "Souverain Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta" and has excellent relations with the bishops of Regensburg and München-Freising as well as a long-standing acquaintance with the former Cardinal Ratzinger whose private home (shared with his brother) is close to Regensburg where Gloria resides officially. So I guess she is indeed privy to information about the conclave and the pope. :flowers:

WOW!!! To be privy information about the conclave is quite impressive. At the same time, I think that Furstin Gloria is a person of extremes to a certain extent. She was a wild child, who used not to fit into an aristocratic mould ... She has made a U turn by having strong religious beliefs and showing this in the way she lives her life and behaves. In the end, I have to say she is the person to be admired.

And here is a picture of the show: Fürstin und Kardinal: "Beten als Medikation" - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Kultur

IMO the Princess of Thurn and Taxis is not a person to be admired at all.
Quotes from the show:
"Taking the pill equals abortion."
"Condoms don’t help against AIDS"
And her stand on homosexuality?
"Praying, praying, praying" can cure it...
I am very sorry, but her statements on the show were dangerously silly. Total ignorance doesn't deserve admiration, it may not even deserve respect.

Personally I admire her for turning her life around and becoming a good mother and a head of the Princely House. I do not factor her personal views on the hot social topics mentioned by you in my admiration. She is not going to rule any country and has got a full right to have an opinion that differs from mine or yours.

A pic from the book presentation today:

Gloria of Thurn and Taxis and cardinal Joachim Meisner present
their book 'Die Fuerstin und der Kardinal' ('The princess and the
cardinal') in Cologne, Germany, 10 September 2008

----> Pic

IMO the Princess of Thurn and Taxis is not a person to be admired at all.
Quotes from the show:
"Taking the pill equals abortion."
"Condoms don’t help against AIDS"
And her stand on homosexuality?
"Praying, praying, praying" can cure it...
I am very sorry, but her statements on the show were dangerously silly. Total ignorance doesn't deserve admiration, it may not even deserve respect.
Boris, I respect your opinions but, it is well known that the Princess is a Catholic extremist. She said on the show exactly the same things a Catholic priest or even the Pope would say, and any very religious Catholic should say (in their opinion).
One can totally disagree with them, of course, but IMO you cannot say she is dangerously silly, ignorant and she doesn't need respect!
That is her religion, one cannot criticize her for that!

You're correct: Whether taking the pill equals abortion or not can indeed be matter of religious and ethical discussion - it's an opinion which I don't share but have to tolerate.
Whether condoms help protect you from AIDS can not be matter of discussion.
In fact they do, the statement that they do not is factually false, and giving this statement as a public person on TV regardless does IMO indeed equal ignorance.
Unfortunately there might be people out there who believe her, that's why I addionally called that irresponsible quote dangerous.

Last edited:
You're correct: Whether taking the pill equals abortion or not can indeed be matter of religious and ethical discussion - it's an opinion which I don't share but have to tolerate.
Whether condoms help protect you from AIDS can not be matter of discussion.
In fact they do, the statement that they do not is factually false, and giving this statement as a public person on TV regardless does IMO indeed equal ignorance, unfortunately.
You are right, but as you wrote "her statements on the show", not "her statement on Aids", you can be misunderstood!
You wrote she not a person to be admired at all! Come on!
Anyways, did she really say that about Aids?

Yes, she did - the original in German:
"Kondome helfen nicht gegen AIDS." / Condoms don't help against AIDS.
Mixing up a discussion about contraception with a discussion about protection from AIDS was most incompetent on her part.
Unfortunately, the quote promptly made headlines in Germany, though mostly negative ones in the serious press.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom