Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 1 (February 2004 - July 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karolinabraganza

Nobility
ThurnundTaxis1.jpg

Arms of the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis

- - - - - - - - - -
(all pic links in this opening post were expired when checked on 2Apr08)

Last edited by a moderator:
will princess gloria ever wed the borghese lady(i forget her first name). they have been together for a while now and she has always been a little unconventional. i think it would send a powefull message to the bigots of the world.also how has her friends/family reacted to this relationship.

kcc  Posted: Apr 22nd, 2004 - 12:54 pm

will princess gloria ever wed the borghese
Probably something in her marriage contract that is financially unrewarding if she ever did something that stoopid.

just what is the nature of their relationship; i too wonder what all their friends and families think about it.

Originally posted by msfroyste@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 12:11 am
just what is the nature of their relationship; i too wonder what all their friends and families think about it.
To the best of my knowledge they're just fbest of riends, or have some of you heard something else?

Frustin Gloria spoke publicly on some issues a while ago, and surprisingly, she came across as quite conservative and, in my opinion, parochial. For instance, If I recall correctly, she said something to the effect that sex should only take place within marriage, and even then only to reproduce. I will try and look up the article. Hopefully I can find it, as it was a while ago and I don't remember exactly where.

In any case, she didn't strike me as the type to 'come out' if she and Princess Borghesse were an item.

:flower:

wait a second, wasn't the Furstin pregnant when she was married? That's a bit um, pot calling the kettle black then!

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 10:01 am
wait a second, wasn't the Furstin pregnant when she was married? That's a bit um, pot calling the kettle black then!
I guess so, eh?

Perhaps she's had some kind of moral epiphany. :p In any case, I did a search and it turns out that she made her commentary back in May of 2001 on a German talk show called (or hosted by) Friedman. Among other things, she attributed the high AIDS rate in Africa to people there liking sex :shock: and the continent's warm climate (apparently, in her view, heat makes people want to have sex). With regards to sex and reproduction, her comments were actually along the lines that people should only have sex for 'reproduction', and *not* for fun. There were also comments on abortion, which I won't get into here.

Anyway, at the time people in Germany were shocked by her seemingly racist and uninformed comments. Netty has a synopsis of the interview in her royal news archives at http://www.nettyroyal.nl/newsmay01.html (scroll down to May 11), although I've pretty much given the gist of it.

Originally posted by kcc@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 12:54 pm
will princess gloria ever wed the borghese lady(i forget her first name). they have been together for a while now and she has always been a little unconventional. i think it would send a powefull message to the bigots of the world.also how has her friends/family reacted to this relationship.
both are ultra catholic, dont forget that. but otherwise: great idea:)

Originally posted by Sean.~+Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:15 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:15 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-msfroyste@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 12:11 am
To the best of my knowledge they're just fbest of riends, or have some of you heard something else?

Frustin Gloria spoke publicly on some issues a while ago, and surprisingly, she came across as quite conservative and, in my opinion, parochial. For instance, If I recall correctly, she said something to the effect that sex should only take place within marriage, and even then only to reproduce. I will try and look up the article. Hopefully I can find it, as it was a while ago and I don't remember exactly where.

In any case, she didn't strike me as the type to 'come out' if she and Princess Borghesse were an item.

:flower: [/b][/quote]
yes, gloria is known for her very conservative (she is from bavaria) and very catholic ideas.

concerning her sexual preference there has been a lot of speculation and i doubt very much that we will ever hear anything official about the relationship to alexandra borghese. only thing: they are inseperable, have written a book together on 'how to behave' and 'aristocratic forms of behaving', nothing new, a new version of Germany's famour 'Knigge'.

also, since her late husband was obviously gay, there have been claims that the pair never conceived naturally and that they were fixed up because of their unconventional sexual preferences. she was married, got a lot f money, her family was very poor and could really use it.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 10:01 am
yes, gloria was pregnant, three months when she got married. got married 30th may 1980 and maria theresia was born 28th nov 1980.
must be a different father

this is gloria's husband the late Fürst Johannes von Thurn und Taxis, he was already borh in 1926, hence it makes sense that he is with Soraya in 1959. He only got married in 1980 hen he was over 54, gloria was 20.

What is the latest on Albert?

oh cool... i have studied latin and greek....

Anyone know anything about....

Albert von Thurn und Taxis
Country of citizenship: Germany
Residence: Regensburg, Germany
Industry: Diversified
Marital Status: single

On his 18th birthday became the sole heir of a royal family fortune that includes extensive landholdings, real estate, castles, works of art and businesses. (His illustrious family held a monopoly over imperial communications between Vienna and the Hapsburg empire for over 300 years.) With high school behind him, the tall (6'4") prince took his turn at obligatory German military service at a base in Baden Wurttemberg last fall.

bad_barbarella said:
oh cool... i have studied latin and greek....

Anyone know anything about....

Albert von Thurn und Taxis

0102034583200.jpg

source - manager-magazine.com

albertthurnundtaxis.jpg

source - nettyroyal.nl

Full name: Albert Maria Lamoral Miguel Johannes Gabriel
Title: 12th Prince (Fürst) von Thurn und Taxis (His Serene Highness)
Born: Regensburg, June 24th, 1983

Parents: Johannes Prince von Thurn und Taxis (1926-1990) and 1980, Gloria Countess and Lady von Schönburg-Glauchau (1960)
Sisters: Maria Theresia (1980) and Elisabeth (1982)

Education and work: secondary school in Germany, later in Italy.

Further facts: Grew up in Regensburg, Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a Picture of Gloria of Thurn and Taxis with her two daughters Maria Theresia and Elisabeth from 2003 :

Attachments

• 2003 - Gloria mit töchtern 1.jpg
    2003 - Gloria mit töchtern 1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,662
Princely House of Thurn und Taxis

More pictures for Thurn und Taxis family

Attachments

• albert2.jpg
    albert2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,441
  • Albert3.jpg
    Albert3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 7,600
  • Albert6.jpg
    Albert6.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 554
  • Albert7.jpg
    Albert7.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 930
  • Gloria1.jpg
    Gloria1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 552
  • gloria2.jpg
    gloria2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2,313
Last edited:
more pictures

Attachments

• Gloria19.jpg
    Gloria19.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,267
  • Gloria18.jpg
    Gloria18.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 464
  • Gloria17.jpg
    Gloria17.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 532
  • Gloria16.jpg
    Gloria16.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 466
  • Gloria7.jpg
    Gloria7.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 4,559
  • Gloria4.jpg
    Gloria4.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 36,390
  • Gloria3.jpg
    Gloria3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 35,380
  • Gloria15.jpg
    Gloria15.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 479
more oictures..

Attachments

• Gloria20.jpg
    Gloria20.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 864
  • Gloria21.jpg
    Gloria21.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 767
  • Gloria22.jpg
    Gloria22.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 644
somje pictures

Attachments

• Albert5.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 375
  • Albert1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 328
  • albert.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 429
Does anyone know a little background history on this princely family?

I think it proves for being one of the wealthiest aristocratic families...money cannot buy good taste. Gloria is a little scary looking in some of those pictures.

Poor Albert, only 22 and losing his hair it looks like.

Lady Marmalade said:
I think it proves for being one of the wealthiest aristocratic families...money cannot buy good taste. Gloria is a little scary looking in some of those pictures.
Poor Albert, only 22 and losing his hair it looks like.
The "scary Gloria" pics were taken 15-20 years ago. She is very much more demure these days, and dresses like the corporate businesswoman she is. Whatever people had to say about her when she married, she has proved to be the saviour of the T'nT patrimony.

Albert is taking after his father in regard to his hair (and not much else, I trust!).

Warren said:
The "scary Gloria" pics were taken 15-20 years ago. She is very much more demure these days, and dresses like the corporate businesswoman she is. Whatever people had to say about her when she married, she has proved to be the saviour of the T'nT patrimony.

Albert is taking after his father in regard to his hair (and not much else, I trust!).

I thought the dresses looked a little to "80's"....

She is certainly expressive...;)

Princesses Gloria ,Elizabeth and Maria in Nyc on Nov 12th From BRUNO PRESS

Attachments

• PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-03.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-03.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 362
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-05.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-05.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 386
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-07.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-07.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 337
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-08.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-08.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 364
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-10.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-10.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 475
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-11.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-11.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 436
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-01.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-01.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 492
  • PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-02.jpg
    PRINCESSES-MATRIX-32285-02.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Proving once again you can have money and still no taste....tsk tsk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom