Prince Alexander and the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed in a strictly legal sense regarding adoptions. With the same legality, Zsa Zsa Gabor is a princess of Anhalt by marriage.
However, most people with an interest in the German and Austrian Princely Families know exactly what the dynastic situation is and will therefore continue to dismiss out of hand the pretensions of both Mario Max and Frederic von Anhalt, as will the TRF Mods and Admins.

I personally think that there are adoptions and adoptions. While I believe the way Mario Max behaves in a lot of things are very, very tacky to say the least, his mother is legally married to a prince of Schaumburg-Lippe which regards Mario Max as a son. That is different from the Frederic of Anhalt-situation in my opinion who had never a kind of real family relation with the von Anhalts.

There have been princes who raised their wife's children from a first marriage to a commoner as their own and introduced them to their circle of friends, ending in noble marriages for these adoptive children.

From: http://home.foni.net/~adelsforschung2/adelsadoption.htm, a German historical study about such adoptions in their historical context:

About the possibilities of Adoptions in the kingdom of Prussia pre 1918:
Was die landesherrliche preußische Adelspolitik bei den Adoptionen von Nichtadeligen durch Adelige bis zum Jahre 1918 betraf, so umfaßte sie mengenbezüglich vermutlich jährlich nur etwa zwei bis drei Fälle. Als Motive zu einer Annahme an Kindesstatt wurden häufig langjährig schon bestehende Verhältnisse von Pflegekindern zu Pflegefamilien angeführt, auch der Wunsch nach Nachkommen oder Nachfolgern war wichtig oder die rechtliche Absicherung von »Patchworkfamilien«, bei denen der Stiefvater die Kinder der ersten Ehe seiner Frau zu adoptieren wünschte. [52] Vereinzelt aber war auch die sittenwidrige reine Namensübertragung gegen Entgelt beabsichtigt, wie noch zu zeigen sein wird.

The Prussian law made a difference between acceptable adoptions of non-noble persons by nobles and non-acceptable. Acceptable was if a noble in need of an heir or a stepfather raising the children of his wife from her first marriage wished to adopt a non-noble person. In this case the king or the responsible ministry could grant in the name of the king the right to convey title and rank of the adopter to the adoptee. That happened 2-3 times a year. Non-aceptable was the transfer of a title if it was only about money, not securing the family.

So comparing Mario Max and his family to that terrible Robert Lichtenberg (aka "Frederick of Anhalt") is not fully fair when you view the historic usus from the times of German and Austrian monarchy. Today the methods of legitimation and transfer of noble names are different but it was possible back in times when we still had a monarchy. And it's a fact: Mario-Max is the son of prince Wilhelm's wife and he regards him in public as the son he himself has not. So in Prussia it would have been possible to adopt Mario-Max and have him elevated to the rank of a real prince of Schaumburg-Lippe.

Though I see your point. Just wanted to put that historically in perspective in regard to why Mario-Max believes he has a right to more than being just a name bearer. He is bad, but not a complete fraud.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right - there are adoptions and adoptions.
- There are adoptions within royal/ noble families to save the family line (like in the House of Hesse or Saxony)
- There are love adoptions
- and there are "money" adoptions.

It's always important to separate that. "Hereditary" adoptions are mostly no problem in the noble circle, because most of the adopted persons have been noble by birth before. Love adoptions do always work for me, too.
But what I hate are money adoptions, because money hasn't anything to do with "family-love".

Still I'm not quite sure about Mario-Max. Though his mother is legally married and he assumed his stepfather's name (which happens quite often in commoner familes in Germany) he appears quite strange to me.

The problem I see is his outgoing mentality. He speaks into every microphone and shouts out - "I'm a prince, I'm important!". When I watch him on TV he always appears tacky.

If he was a normal business man, far away from show business and yellow press, if he was an honorable member of society staying in the backround, I don't think, that anyone would care - at least The Prince of Schaumburg Lippe.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I see is his outgoing mentality. He speaks into every microphone and shouts out - "I'm a prince, I'm important!". When I watch him on TV he always appears tacky.

If he was a normal business man, far away from show business and yellow press, if he was an honorable member of society staying in the backround, I don't think, that anyone would care - at least The Prince of Schaumburg Lippe.

You're right. He is not a person which appears to have the traditional virtues of the nobility, so I understand why people brand him a fraud. I personally have no liking for his behaviour which, as I said, is very, very tacky and well, common, even vulgar.

But I'm interested in history and in law and thus wanted to point out that neither Helga Lee or Wilhelm von Schaumburg-Lippe appear to have sought financial advantage through the adoption but really have had a family relation with Mario Max - Wilhelm even married his mother. That Mario-Max tries to gain advantage to the noble name and connection is a different point - but just think of Ferfried or Carl Alexander of Hohenzollern ("der geile Depp"). Now these two are really bad! Carl Alexander even sold himself as guest to private parties at auctions starting with 1 EUR...

This is another family feud that will be never ending.

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja have become parents for the second time
and it's another girl! Two-year old Felipa now has a little sister called Philomena. The baby was born
last Sunday, July 10, in Munich, Germany.

** source ** translation **

Hello, does anyone have a list of the line of succession to the Headship of the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe? Thank you for the information in advance.

Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the 'Sixt - Damenwiesn' as part of the Oktoberfest
beer festival at the Hippodrom beer tent on September 19, 2011 in Munich, Germany.

** Pic **

Prince Alexander and his wife Nadja attended the Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, 24 September 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and wife Nadja attended the Bambi Award 2011 ceremony
at the Rhein-Main-Hallen on November 10, 2011 in Wiesbaden, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and wife Nadja have presented their second daughter,
4-month-old Philomena a few days ago and announced that this would remain the only picture
opportunity (that's also why Felipa wasn't included in the photo session). Philomena will be
baptized at the beginning of December, among her seven godparents will be the girl's namesake
the Duchess of Vendome, Princess Philomena.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Philomena bringt Fürstenpaar ins Schwärmen ** translation **

** neuepresse: Schaumburg-Lippes zeigen ihr Baby **

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja attended the 'Mon Cherie Barbara Day'
charity event at Muellersches Volksbad in Munich, Germany on December 3, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja at the "Movie meets Media" party
at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in Berlin, Germany, on February 10, 2012:

** Pic **

A Prince should not be involved in the election of a president of a republic.

He is not the first german noble who was choosen by one of the federal Parliaments to elect a new Bundespräsident. Also Duke Carl of Württemberg and Fürstin Gloria of Thurn and Taxis did so some time ago.

Why not? He is part of that republic and as such has equal rights and responsibilities to any other citizen.

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja attended the wedding of Charles Alexander Graf
von Faber-Castell and Melissa Eliyesil at the Martin-Luther Kirche in Stein, Germany, today, May 26, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

From today, June 7, till Sunday, June 10, the annual "Landpartie" show and fair will take place at the Bückeburg Castle.
A couple of days ago Prince Alexander invited the press to present this year's motto - the Caribbean.

** Pic **

Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe at the Movie Meets Media Party during the Munich Film Festival at the P1 in Munich, Germany on July 2, 2012.

** Pic **

A new Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe

Prince Christian of Schaumburg-Lippe, who will turn 41 in 11 days [son of Wilhelm, Prince of-Schaumburg-Lippe (b.1939) & his wife Ilona, nee Freiin Hentschel von Gilgenheimb (b.1940)] & his wife Lena, nee Giese (b.3 April 1979) had their first child, Prince Julian, in July.

For his paternal grandparents he is first grandson; their daughter has three daughters.
Source: Schaumburg-Lippe

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja at the wedding of a German publisher in Potsdam, Germany, on September 8, 2012.

** Pic **

Princess Nadja von Schaumburg-Lippe and her mother attend the 'Sixt - Damenwiesn' on September 24, 2012 in Munich, Germany.
The 'Sixt - Damenwiesn' is part of the Oktoberfest beer festival at Hippodrom beer tent.

- Picture

:previous:

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja are regular guests at the Oktoberfest these days, they attended on September 22, 23 and 24 so far.

Most interesting has been the rare attendance of Alexander's son Donatus zu Schaumburg-Lippe, 18-year-old heir to the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe, see pic 3.

:previous:

Didn't know Donatus is already 18, he's certainly one very handsome young man.

Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife Nadja attended the 'Forever Crazy' show at the Postpalast in Munich, Germany, on December 4, 2012.

Most interesting has been the rare attendance of Alexander's son Donatus zu Schaumburg-Lippe, 18-year-old heir to the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe, see pic 3. ** Pic 3 **
Donatus is a very handsome young man and full-blooded Prince. It is a good thing that Donatus shuns the limelight.
I wonder whether or not Princess Nadja still works as a lawyer.

Nice boy! With his father and stepmother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom