The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2020, 12:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
It's the catholic branch and very worth visiting place. The former prince was a very interesting person, I do not know the current prince Felix though, they live much more in private than those in Langenburg who have to make money with the castle and tourists.
Waldenburg owns enough forest and runs a commercial enterprise to live on.
What I found interesting is that current Prince Felix married an American Barbara Ross Dabney who has also descended from German nobility through her maternal grandmother Ilse von Klösterlein (b.1905). Through her Felix and Barbara both share ancestry from von Werthern and von Wurmb noble families, which makes them distantly related.

What is also interesting is that Prince Felix is (through his mother Baroness Adelheid von Ow) fourth cousin of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, both being descendants of Karl Maximilian Friedrich Hubert, Freiherr von Pfeffel (1811-1890) and Karoline Adelheid Pauline von Rottenburg (1805-1872), illegitimate daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg (1785-1852), whose uncle Ludwig Friedrich Alexander, Herzog von Württemberg (1756-1817) is a direct ancestor of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.

A small world indeed.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Princess Cecilia on the cover of Hola Fashion:

La princesse Cecilia de Hohenlohe – Noblesse & Royautés

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-12-2020, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
What I found interesting is that current Prince Felix married an American Barbara Ross Dabney who has also descended from German nobility through her maternal grandmother Ilse von Klösterlein (b.1905). Through her Felix and Barbara both share ancestry from von Werthern and von Wurmb noble families, which makes them distantly related.

What is also interesting is that Prince Felix is (through his mother Baroness Adelheid von Ow) fourth cousin of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, both being descendants of Karl Maximilian Friedrich Hubert, Freiherr von Pfeffel (1811-1890) and Karoline Adelheid Pauline von Rottenburg (1805-1872), illegitimate daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg (1785-1852), whose uncle Ludwig Friedrich Alexander, Herzog von Württemberg (1756-1817) is a direct ancestor of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.

A small world indeed.
I do not know if you speak German, but here is a link to a small documentary where the castle and price of langenburg can be seen.
https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/vide...S8xOTY5Nzg5MA/
Old 08-12-2020, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I do not know if you speak German, but here is a link to a small documentary where the castle and price of langenburg can be seen.
https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/vide...S8xOTY5Nzg5MA/
Well, I did learn English and German in school and finished B2-1 course in Goethe Institute in Germany few years ago...It gets rusty during the year as I don't have the chance to speak, but when I come to Germany for a few weeks everything is a little bit better. :-)

Btw, thank you for the link, I am watching it right now

I also like the fact that in this documentary we can hear Prince Charles speaking German while visiting :-)
Old 08-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Well, I did learn English and German in school and finished B2-1 course in Goethe Institute in Germany few years ago...It gets rusty during the year as I don't have the chance to speak, but when I come to Germany for a few weeks everything is a little bit better. :-)

Btw, thank you for the link, I am watching it right now

I also like the fact that in this documentary we can hear Prince Charles speaking German while visiting :-)
well, then you understand, nice.
yes, charles speaks very well and fluently.
he visited a friends place some years ago and is more often in Germany than the press knows of.
for me the most funny fact in this video was that Philipp whose English is horrible has difficulties in German aswell, his geammar is often wrong maybe he is nervous when being interviewed though he speaks spontaneously but for some reasons he always begins sentences and finishes them without grammatical connection to the beginning. after all he is a nice guy but wasn't the brightest bunny at school, I am sure he has better talents than languages.
and as talking anout it, please excuse my faults, I suffer from a desease which challenges brain&memory a lot and so I forgot most of my language skills aswell.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
well, then you understand, nice.
yes, charles speaks very well and fluently.
he visited a friends place some years ago and is more often in Germany than the press knows of.
for me the most funny fact in this video was that Philipp whose English is horrible has difficulties in German aswell, his geammar is often wrong maybe he is nervous when being interviewed though he speaks spontaneously but for some reasons he always begins sentences and finishes them without grammatical connection to the beginning. after all he is a nice guy but wasn't the brightest bunny at school, I am sure he has better talents than languages.
and as talking anout it, please excuse my faults, I suffer from a desease which challenges brain&memory a lot and so I forgot most of my language skills aswell.
Considering his ancestry and inbreeding within the family no wonder he is not considered the brightest.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Considering his ancestry and inbreeding within the family no wonder he is not considered the brightest.
well,
I do not know this but the personal background does not guarantee success always ;-) and as I wrote he certainly has other talents and considering the big changes in only two generations from his granny a born princess, his childhood with divorced parents and all this between being somehow a prince himself but living in a really small sort of "town" rather a village , he could have done worse.
I think he was lucky to marry that woman who had some good ideas for the business and after all I like him quite well. He has a good sense of humour.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:59 PM
Nobility

sorting out to prepare for my 50iest, I found this, unfortunately the private photo does not copy, Philipp had his 50iest in January.
Gäste gratulieren Fürst Philipp zum 50. Geburtstag
Haller Tagblatt30 Jan 2020
Foto: privat
Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class wünschten Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe Langenburg anlässlich seines 50. Geburtstages alles Gute, vor allem beste Gesundheitg.
Im Beisein zahlreicher Gäste feierte Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg in der Remise des Schlosses seinen 50. Geburtstag. Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class überbrachten dem Jubilar die Grüße und Glückwünsche des Kreises sowie der Stadt Langenburg. Beide würdigten das außerordentliche Engagement von Fürst Philipp. So leiste er mit den Fürstlichen Gartentagen und dem Forum für Nachhaltigkeit einen wichtigen Beitrag für den Tourismus. Auch sein Engagement im Kirchengemeinderat wie auch im Gemeinderat wurden betont.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
sorting out to prepare for my 50iest, I found this, unfortunately the private photo does not copy, Philipp had his 50iest in January.
Gäste gratulieren Fürst Philipp zum 50. Geburtstag
Haller Tagblatt30 Jan 2020
Foto: privat
Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class wünschten Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe Langenburg anlässlich seines 50. Geburtstages alles Gute, vor allem beste Gesundheitg.
Im Beisein zahlreicher Gäste feierte Philipp Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg in der Remise des Schlosses seinen 50. Geburtstag. Landrat Gerhard Bauer und Bürgermeister Wolfgang Class überbrachten dem Jubilar die Grüße und Glückwünsche des Kreises sowie der Stadt Langenburg. Beide würdigten das außerordentliche Engagement von Fürst Philipp. So leiste er mit den Fürstlichen Gartentagen und dem Forum für Nachhaltigkeit einen wichtigen Beitrag für den Tourismus. Auch sein Engagement im Kirchengemeinderat wie auch im Gemeinderat wurden betont.
but this one:( the text is about a very negative chapter of the Langenburg's princely family and why the BRF was nit overwhelmed at first when HME2 fell in love with Philip, his sister being married to a Nazi-Pro-Prince of Langenburg. The family still refuses to take a closer look, but make up your mind yourselves.

https://www.kontextwochenzeitung.de/...2aada7748b.jpg
Old 08-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
well,
I do not know this but the personal background does not guarantee success always ;-) and as I wrote he certainly has other talents and considering the big changes in only two generations from his granny a born princess, his childhood with divorced parents and all this between being somehow a prince himself but living in a really small sort of "town" rather a village , he could have done worse.
I think he was lucky to marry that woman who had some good ideas for the business and after all I like him quite well. He has a good sense of humour.
You are right.

I was thinking about his forebears where we can see that all his ancestors were very closely related...

In recent past, they all descended several times either from Queen Victoria or from her half-sister Feodora, who married Prince von Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

Even his parents Prince Kraft von Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Princess Charlotte of Croy were related. They are 6th cousins, Kraft is descendant of Queen Charlotte of Great Britain, while Charlotte of Croy is descendant of her brother Karl II, Grand Duke von Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

All these close blood relation can effect dna and make things a bit more complicated.

In the end, hats off to a Prince who achieved so much thanks to his other talents. That is what is important!!!
Old 08-17-2020, 05:49 AM
Nobility

yes, you are certainly right and the modern times and it's commoners marrying in will bring not only fresh wind of course. The close relationships and marriages inside the royal circle had it's good effects but mostly on behalf if stretching for more power, uniting countries if calming or avoiding conflicts and keeping heritages but the DNA was certainly not improved by this. I think Willem has probably made the best choice with marrying a woman from another continent
When taking a look at some royals especially the british it's sometimes creepy not mentioning the deseases being passed on to the next generations.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
yes, you are certainly right and the modern times and it's commoners marrying in will bring not only fresh wind of course. The close relationships and marriages inside the royal circle had it's good effects but mostly on behalf if stretching for more power, uniting countries if calming or avoiding conflicts and keeping heritages but the DNA was certainly not improved by this. I think Willem has probably made the best choice with marrying a woman from another continent
When taking a look at some royals especially the british it's sometimes creepy not mentioning the deseases being passed on to the next generations.
What diseases?
Old 08-17-2020, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
What diseases?
Its too comprehensive to list , but if you are interested find it yourself
f.e. Meermann from Groningen University has edited a scientific approach&studies concerning the House if Habsburg.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
What diseases?
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the Hohenlohe's but this case can explain a lot.

King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy was son of first cousins. He was only 1.53m tall and his mother Queen Margarita blamed the inbreeding in the family because Vittorio Emanule thought of himself a midget.

So, when he was to be married they have chosen insignificant Princess Elena of Montenegro. Why her of all Princesses?

Because she wasn't related to any other royals, she was extremely tall (1.80m), she was dark skinned and they thought that with all that she would straighten and inject the fresh blood into the Savoy dynasty.

It proved true...If you take a look at their descendants all of them are pretty tall comparing to previous royal generations and a bit darker.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the Hohenlohe's but this case can explain a lot.

King Vittorio Emanuele III of Italy was son of first cousins. He was only 1.53m tall and his mother Queen Margarita blamed the inbreeding in the family because Vittorio Emanule thought of himself a midget.

So, when he was to be married they have chosen insignificant Princess Elena of Montenegro. Why her of all Princesses?

Because she wasn't related to any other royals, she was extremely tall (1.80m), she was dark skinned and they thought that with all that she would straighten and inject the fresh blood into the Savoy dynasty.

It proved true...If you take a look at their descendants all of them are pretty tall comparing to previous royal generations and a bit darker.
Interesting, thanks! Yes, there are a lot if really interesting studies about endogamy in the royal families, to me mostly interesting for medical aspects.
so this italian was really smart!!! to change the fate of his offspings.
it's idle of course but guess queen victoria had had only two children of all of her offsprings were not spread all over europe, a nice neologism would say genefriendly :-D
Old 08-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Nobility

But to get back to the Hohenlohe family,
the prince's forestry has its struggles and if the prince had not invested in other fields the future was unsafe. not only the climate but pests have challenged big investments and are not yet to pay off.
To adapt more sensibility for sustainable/renewable energy from Prince Charles was surely a good decision for Philipp, as his cousin has been involved a lot in these things long before Philipp took over from his father who was rather conservative dealing the forestry f.e.
Philipp build a windpark which pays off f.e.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Hubertus of Hohenlohe and wife Simona attended the Escaparate Awards in Ronda, Spain, yesterday, August 28:

** Pic **
Old 09-05-2020, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, and Peter, Prince of Hohenlohe, attended the world premiere of the opera "7 Deaths of Maria Callas" in Munich, Germany on September 1:

** Pic **
Old 09-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Uschi, Princess of Hohenlohe, participated in the 26 Eagles Tabaluga Golf Cup 2020 at the Golf Club in Tutzing on September 12:

** Pic **