Princely House of Fürstenberg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samitude

Courtier
Country
United States
Welcome to the thread about the Princely family von Fürstenberg

Picture1.gif

Arms of the Princely House von Fürstenberg

~ ¤ ~

Attachments

• PB040005e.jpg
    PB040005e.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 870
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Sylvia! I wish we knew more about Alex and Alex...thanks for sharing the photo with us! :)

Aren't these roses and dishes beautiful?

Attachments

• PB040010e.jpg
    PB040010e.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 725
It's in Connecticut; I am pretty sure it belongs to Diane von Furstenberg.

Does Alexandra still live here now that she and Diane's son Alexandre(er?) are divorced? Or is Alexandra Miller now living in London where her beau Tim Jeffries lives? (I guess there must be some time spent in New York because the kids should be able to see their father if mom has primary custody, right?)

She lives in London. I am sure Alex boy gets to see the kids when he wants to.

actually the princely family is zu Fürsrtenberg, a mediatized princely family, with the rank of serene highness.

The former Diane Halfin who married PRince Egon zu Fürstenberg adopted the use of "von Fürstenberg" - she is the dress designer.

The princely family is not royal (as in royal highnesses). It is a mediatized princely family.

mediatised means: something or someone is very much discussed and present in the media: tv, newpapers, magazines, gosspi columns.....etc.

in germany there are lot of princely families due to the history of germany, but only few of them are known to the general public because they are mediatizsed a lot. i would count among those: thurn und taxis, fürstenberg, schaumburg-lippe,say-wittgenstein-berleburg ect.

hi karolina.mediatised in this sense has nothing to do with the word media,as in books or newspapers. basicaly it means that a family held an immediate fife from the holy roman empreor.this gave the family soverignty.after the congress of vienna these families lost their soverign rights but held onto their equal status. this allowed them to continue intermarying with the reigning royal/princely houses.

Originally posted by kcc@Apr 29th, 2004 - 9:02 am
hi karolina.mediatised in this sense has nothing to do with the word media,as in books or newspapers. basicaly it means that a family held an immediate fife from the holy roman empreor.this gave the family soverignty.after the congress of vienna these families lost their soverign rights but held onto their equal status. this allowed them to continue intermarying with the reigning royal/princely houses.
sorry, this is very embarassing, i had not the slightest idea, obviously :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

are the children of diane and egon recognised as members of the princely house. i read dianes auto-bio a while back and remember a blurb(almost in passing)in which she mentions that her father-in-law did not attend the wedding because the head of the house did not approve of the marriage, due i believe to dianes being jewish. how are their relations with their cousins(distant i know)today.this particular branch of the family seems to have made something of themselves,with alex's marriage to a miller and the fact that alex and tatiana are said to be media mogul barry dillers heirs. due they hold a grudge against their furstenburg relations.very gossipy i know.

Technically, the marriage is not equal. It is difficult to say how much contact there is as the Fürstenberg family has many branches, and they descend from junior lines. I would be surprised if the kids have contact with the head of the house and his family.

sorry, this is very embarassing, I had not the slightest idea, obviously. blush
Karolina,

don't be hard on yourself ... your response was one of the most creative answers in a long time ... I loved it.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by kcc@Apr 29th, 2004 - 1:39 pm
are the children of diane and egon recognised as members of the princely house. i read dianes auto-bio a while back and remember a blurb(almost in passing)in which she mentions that her father-in-law did not attend the wedding because the head of the house did not approve of the marriage, due i believe to dianes being jewish. how are their relations with their cousins(distant i know)today.this particular branch of the family seems to have made something of themselves,with alex's marriage to a miller and the fact that alex and tatiana are said to be media mogul barry dillers heirs. due they hold agrudge against their Furstenburg relations.very gossipy i know.
I do not believe they have titles as "prince" or "Princess." They are Barry Diller's heirs because he loves them and has no children of his own. VF's family didn't approve the marriage to DVF because she is Jewish, but I think that the kids are close to their cousins--I mean they had Alex VF's kids' christenings in Europe, and it looked like there were plenty of VF cousins there. I don't know what you mean by "made something of themselves," but if they did, it's all because of the drive and ambition of Diane. In case you haven't heard, Alex is divorced from Alex Miller; in any case, I think if he inherits even half of Barry Diller's estate, he would be much richer than Alex Miller.

Oprah had a short segment a few years ago where Alexandra gave her a little tour of the cottage. She said it was a wedding present from her mother-in-law. Alexandra struck me as nicer and more down-to-earth than she appears in photos.

Here is a Picture of Ira of Fürstenberg from 2003, who caused a scandal in 1956 with her marriage to Alphonso of Hohenlohe, because she was just 16 at the Time of her Marriage and he was a Gigolo in his thirties already.They married in a spectacular wedding in Venice. Today Ira is a wellknown Guest at worldwide society events.

Attachments

• 2003 - Dezember - Ira 1.jpg
    2003 - Dezember - Ira 1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 7,534
They are just called the Fürstenbergs when referring to the family. 'Zu' means of/at/in and it would make no sense to include it in front of the name when referring to the family. They are princely, not royal.

Diane uses the 'von' as the public understands it better.

Bubbette said:
I do not believe they have titles as "prince" or "Princess." They are Barry Diller's heirs because he loves them and has no children of his own. VF's family didn't approve the marriage to DVF because she is Jewish, but I think that the kids are close to their cousins--I mean they had Alex VF's kids' christenings in Europe, and it looked like there were plenty of VF cousins there. I don't know what you mean by "made something of themselves," but if they did, it's all because of the drive and ambition of Diane. In case you haven't heard, Alex is divorced from Alex Miller; in any case, I think if he inherits even half of Barry Diller's estate, he would be much richer than Alex Miller.

Correct. The marriage was not recognized, and thus they don't "officially" have use of the title of Prince/ss However, they do use it (for social& business reasons, obviously). They're not close to the main line and, in fact, decend from a very junior line of the family. They get so much press that people often mistakingly think that they are *the* Furstenburgs.

CathyEarnshaw said:
sorry, this is very embarassing, i had not the slightest idea, obviously. blush
Karolina,
don't be hard on yourself ... your response was one of the most creative answers in a long time ... I loved it.:rolleyes:
I loved it, too! It was awesome, and I guess in a way, not entirely incorrect...hehehehe.

Princess Ira von Furstenberg

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/int...m?id=1945122005

Hotel pursues socialite in court over £82,000 bill

http://actu.voila.fr/Article/mmd--francais--journal_internet--gen/050914144241.00s545x2.html

Princess Ira von Furstenberg : hotel bill not paid

2005-09-14 18:00:06 PARIS (AFP)

Appear of the gotha and accustomed cocktails society men, the Ira princess from Furstenberg was invited Wednesday to very an other go in front of the correctional court of Paris where it was continued by the hotel Royal Heap which claims a note of 122 to him.000 euros.

Customer of the Parisian de luxe hotel since a score of years, the princess originating in Lichtenstein did not move in the modest room of the 12e room of the correctional court which, before considering this business, had treated a score of small files of unpaid debts near an organization of credit.

In preamble, the president of the court, Francis Bruty, lance with lawyer of the Royal Heap: "whereas you reproach him with this poor woman, finally, poor between quotation marks?"

The five stars located which occurred Notch, in VIIIe district of Paris, shows the princess not to have paid a note of a total amount of 122.000 euros.
Vis-a-vis with impossibility of recovering the which had sums, the Royal Heap had obtained Court of Appeal of Paris a warrant for attachment of its goods.

July 12, 2004, an usher visited the apartment of Mrs. de Furstenberg, located which occurred Foch, in one of the most crested districts of the capital, and pointed the whole of furniture. Problem: when the usher actually wanted to seize the pieces of furniture that it had indexed, four of them (a gloss, two night tables and a storage unit, estimated at 11.000 euros), had disappeared.

The remainder of the seized objects - in particular of the Vuitton luggage, forgeries according to an expertise of the famous malletier, 70 pairs of shoes of large mark and bags of evening - accounted for only 1.900 euros.

The hotel, represented by Master Edouard Chamy, thus engaged of the legal proceedings for "diversion of seized goods".
"Mrs. de Furstenberg organized her bankruptcy", deplored lawyer, stressing that the hotel was "in a delicate situation with respect to its auditors".

The council of the hotel asked for the judgment of the princess, the payment of 11.000 euros of damages as well as the publication of the judgement in "the magazines people like Paris Match or Point of view".

On its side, Main Emmanuel Trink, the lawyer of Mrs. de Furstenberg, denied that any object could volitilize of its "pied-à-terre chichement furnished".
"It is extraordinary to claim, and I see there the hand of spite or worse, than a piece of furniture could disappear", according to Me Trink which shows moreover the auctioneer having evaluated the disappeared goods with 11.000 euros of "false evidence".

from corbis
Germany - Royalty - Heinrich zu Furstenberg

Prince Heinrich zu Furstenberg awaiting the start of his trial in Konstanz. The 55-year-old faced charges of buying and possessing cocaine.
March 28, 2006
http://s2.supload.com/free/42-16605400.jpg/view/

Prince Heinrich zu Furstenberg smiling after he was sentenced by a regional court to pay a fine of 1,500 euros for a drug offense. The court considered it proven that the 55-year old solicited an acquaintance to buy cocaine, but the actual possession charge was not proven.
March 30, 2006

Prince Christian Joachim Maximilian of Fuerstenberg

Christian Joachim Maximilian Hereditary Prince of Fuerstenberg poses next to a painting showing Emperor Wilhelm, in the noble castle in Donaueschingen, southern Germany, 13 December 2002. Fuerstenberg is also a major brewery in Germany. The 25-year-old is the sole heir to the house of Fuerstenberg, one of Germany's oldest and most significant noble families. The Fuerstenberg tradition dates back to 1070. 'It is my assignment to preserve the tradition of my family and to lead our noble house into the future', he said. 'I am not afraid of that task, but I have great respect.'

from dpa-corbis

morgaine said:
Here is a Picture of Ira of Fürstenberg from 2003, who caused a scandal in 1956 with her marriage to Alphonso of Hohenlohe, because she was just 16 at the Time of her Marriage and he was a Gigolo in his thirties already.They married in a spectacular wedding in Venice. Today Ira is a wellknown Guest at worldwide society events.

Her mother is Clara Agnelli, the sister of giant car industry patriarch late Senator Giovanni Agnelli.

The 25-year-old is the sole heir to the house of Fuerstenberg, one of Germany's oldest and most significant noble families.

I might be wrong but doesn't he have a younger brother named Antonius?

Mapper

Plenty of spares

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
The 25-year-old is the sole heir to the house of Fuerstenberg, one of Germany's oldest and most significant noble families.
I might be wrong but doesn't he have a younger brother named Antonius?
Yes, Christian's younger brother Prince Antonius turns 21 in June this year. There is no shortage of potential male Fürstenberg "heirs" (there are at least 11 in the principal branch of the family), but I think the article intends to say that Erbprinz Christian is the heir.

Back
Top Bottom