Prince Gustav, Princess Carina of Berleburg and Family, Current Events 3, June 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
207px-Coat_of_Arms_of_County_of_Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg_%281607%E2%80%931806%29.svg.png

Arms of the Principality of Sayn-Wittgenstein

blob

Welcome to the thread Prince and Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Part 3

Commencing 27 June, 2022​

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
According to press reports Gustav and Carina had an accident with a carriage in Bernried, Germany. One of the horses shied, Gustav was able to jump off the carriage that fell down, the coachman and Carina were not, they were injured „moderately“, no further information what that may mean in detail.

The caption of the article though is a bit sensational, it says „Nobility pair seriously injured in carriage accident“, typical for that tabloid.

** Bild: Adels-Paar bei Kutschen-Unfall schwer verletzt **

:previous: Thank you Iceflower for your post and news article. This is so unfortunate, let's hope no one was seriously injured.

:sad:I hope their injuries are not too serious

Quite a scare!

A statement to Billed Bladet from G&A: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ra-prins-gustav-og-prinsesse-carina-om-ulykke

Their PR-spokesman Ralf Beke-Bramkamp:
"Prince Gustav and Princess Carina have emerged from the incident with the carriage ride in Bernried (Bavaria) without permanent injuries. (*)
They would like to thank the coachman who handled the difficult situation safely.
We are also pleased that the coachman and the horses were not injured."

(*) Meaning that they have had some kind of injuries. Because the word "mèn" usually refer to permanent or longer lasting injuries. So they can have suffered anything from bruises to a fractured arm to a mild concussion.

Good news and good to see: Prince Gustav and Princess Carina attended the traditional Shooting Festival in Bad Berleburg today, July 2, and looked happy and healthy after last weekend's accident!

Count Richard attended as well.

** BB article: Stor lykke i Berleburg: Nygifte prins Gustav og prinsesse Carina stråler på helt særlig dag **

** BB article: Skønne billeder: Prinsesse Carina fik varm velkomst på festpladsen **

** BB article: Lige nu: Prins Gustav overrasker med nevø til stor fest i Berleburg **

:previous: :flowers:

We will hopefully see G&C attend many more such events.

It suits Carina - and Gustav - that she is now officially "the lady of the manor."

Last edited:
Lovely to see them and Richard too

Very glad to see Gustav and Carina enjoying the Bad Berleburg Shooting Festival. Notable was Gustav's nephew Count Richard by his side. Excellent photos. Lovely to see them together!

:previous:

His mother Princess Alexandra lives with her second husband at Egeskov Castle on the island of Funen, Denmark. His aunt Princess Nathalie and her family live at Berleburg Castle, so I rather doubt Count Richard lives at Berleburg Castle but it is of course possible.

Can anyone summarize the interview?
I just love these two!!

Can anyone summarize the interview?
I just love these two!!

I am quite smitten with them as well, can't seem to get enough of this happy couple!

The BILLED-BLADET article seemed less an article and more of a photo shoot inside their home, Berleberg Castle.
Using Google translate:
"At home with Prince Gustav and Princess Carina: They live so beautifully. Prince Gustav and Princess Carina invited BILLED-BLADET inside the magnificent Berleburg Castle in connection with the annual Shooting Festival. Prince Gustav and Princess Carina participated this weekend for the first time as a married couple in the traditional Shooting Festival in Bad Berleburg. On the occasion of the big city party and that it was a month ago, they got married at a romantic wedding at Berleburg Castle, the prince and princess invited exclusively BILLED-BLADET inside the castle, where they smiled and posed for pictures."

She looks so very happy!

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
(..) Wonderful that this couple got their happy ending. (..)

(..) Thank you for the summary. I was under the impression that they did an interview along with the photoshoot.

Speculative posts and replies to them have been removed according to the TRF rules. Please do also check what photos have already been shared, reposts have been deleted as well. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

:previous: Interesting. I assume the scheduling choice reflects their desire to marry quickly and not any rift in the family?

Further to the good answers provided by Duc_et_Pair and Marc23: I believe Gustav has, much like his father, stated a preference for Prinz (which forms part of his legal name) over Fürst, and uses Prinz on his official website: https://wittgenstein-berleburg.net/familie-schloss/

In this case he indeed uses his official name as Prinz is placed behind his first and middle names.

If you click on the 'Schloss Berleburg'-tab they also reference 'Fürst' as in 'Fürstliche Famile zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg'.

It is also interesting that they point out that the same family has lived at the sloss for over 750 years (more precisely, the head of the family). It will be interesting to see whether the next generation remains an 'SWB' or that the tradition will come to an end.

It is also interesting that they point out that the same family has lived at the sloss for over 750 years (more precisely, the head of the family). It will be interesting to see whether the next generation remains an 'SWB' or that the tradition will come to an end.

It's really an interesting castle...Been there two times. Once, I have seen Princess Nathalie coming back from the ride.

I have been told that Princess Benedikte lives in the white house behind the castle, as was her husband when he was alive.

Left wing was where Gustav and Nathalie had their apartments, while central part and right part of the castle were used as a museum.

It will for sure be interesting will in the future S-W-B family continue to live there or will it be another family...

Last edited:
It's really an interesting castle...Been there two times. Once, I have seen Princess Nathalie coming back from the ride.

I have been told that Princess Benedikte lives in the white house behind the castle, as was her husband when he was alive.

Left wing was where Gustav and Nathalie had their apartments, while central part and right part of the castle were used as a museum.

It will for sure be interesting will in the future S-W-B family continue to live there or will it be another family...
It will probably be his sister’s children or maybe just Ingrid’s son

Just found this very interesting and in-depth commentary on the decision of the court of law in German to name Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittengenstein-Berleburg as the heir of his grandfather accoring to the testament from 1943:

https://viewer.content-select.com/p...5074efaf5cc104c2b4cb6&frontend=1&language=deu

It's in German and from iuristic magazine Juristenzeitung but maybe someone else is interested. What I didn't find in the article was the claim that the wife of the air had to be of "aryan" birth but as the question of what is "noble birth" was wxplicitely fixed to the question of aryan descent in 1943 and that this definaition is explicitely used here, I can imagine where that idea came from. Alas, when prince Richard died in 2017 that point surely wasn't in the definition any longer and thus wasn't even mentioned both in the commentary and in the judgment by the court.

(I'm not sure this link is right here in this place but if there is a direct thread, I couldn't find it, so please move this post).

The annual Christmas market at Berleburg Castle has been cancelled again, this year not because of Covid-19, but because of the energy crisis and energy-saving measures.

Gustav shared his plans for the Christmas market in 2023 instead:

"My wife and I want to contribute with lighting in the castle yard to make the Christmas market even more beautiful, and we very much hope that the energy situation will allow the market to take place until next year"

** BB article: Svær beslutning: Prins Gustav og prinsesse Carina tvunget til aflysning **

Just found this very interesting and in-depth commentary on the decision of the court of law in German to name Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittengenstein-Berleburg as the heir of his grandfather accoring to the testament from 1943:

Hi, I found your contribution here in the Royal Forums only today and must confess: the language used in that linked article is beyond boring to me...

To the article: In my humble opinion, the Grandfather had mainly the wish, that his heirs continue to marry noble girls. The "aryan snippet" was more or less "Zeitgeist" back then - and what does this mean anyway: Persian girls, afghan ones...?

And I personally find it disturbing, that this wish of the Grandfather for noble offspring from both sides was declared void too.

But in front of a court and on high seas you are in God's Hand....

Hi, I found your contribution here in the Royal Forums only today and must confess: the language used in that linked article is beyond boring to me...

To the article: In my humble opinion, the Grandfather had mainly the wish, that his heirs continue to marry noble girls. The "aryan snippet" was more or less "Zeitgeist" back then - and what does this mean anyway: Persian girls, afghan ones...?

And I personally find it disturbing, that this wish of the Grandfather for noble offspring from both sides was declared void too.

Of course the Aryan thing was Nazi perception on what Aryan meant, but in simple English Grandpa meant simply marrying a noble woman. From what you have quoted, he didn’t even specify if the woman was to be of equal status, high nobility or royal, but simply of noble descent. Are you disturbed at the demand or disturbed that the noble woman from both maternal and paternal bit was declared in void?

I cannot say this with enough emphasis: Yikes.

It’s very weird to me that in the year 2022, there is anyone alive who believes Prince Gustav should have been prevented from marrying the woman he loves due to an inheritance stipulation that was based on Nazi ideals.

I think the vast majority of reasonable people are quite pleased the courts sided with Gustav and Carina and against old prejudices.

Of course the Aryan thing was Nazi perception on what Aryan meant...

Hmm, and this is not so easy: For example did the Nazis consider Iranians as "pure blooded" Aryans!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_racial_theories#Iranians

In the legally correct "German" of this time there were much definitions, who was not Aryan... and instead of Aryan the Nazis used in their laws a term roughly translated into English of "German and related blood".

But enough of this nonsense!

My point is, that grandpa wanted simply 'noble' offspring and this without a doubt. His last will was ignored - what led among others to the article linked by Kataryn.

And there is nothing wrong with grandpa's wish: Many German Houses have been having House Laws like this.

Hmm, and this is not so easy: For example did the Nazis consider Iranians as "pure blooded" Aryans!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_racial_theories#Iranians

In the legally correct "German" of this time there were much definitions, who was not Aryan... and instead of Aryan the Nazis used in their laws a term roughly translated into English of "German and related blood".

But enough of this nonsense!

My point is, that grandpa wanted simply 'noble' offspring and this without a doubt. His last will was ignored - what led among others to the article linked by Kataryn.

And there is nothing wrong with grandpa's wish: Many German Houses have been having House Laws like this.

Grandpa was a Nazi who died fighting for the Nazis. Grandpa deserved nothing, he loses, good day sir.

Back
Top Bottom