The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2020, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
As Tatiana Maria pointed out. It seems that being married was not his highest priority based on his own engagement history.

And he is not the only one among the German former-royalty and nobility who feels obliged to his heritage and is because of that not completely 'free' to marry whom they want. While it seems that for example Georg Friedrich and Sophie are a happy couple; GF was clear about marrying according to the house rules - it wasn't an option for him to marry someone who would not meet the requirements. In general, some non-reigning houses seem to be 'stricter' in marrying 'the right spouses' than the reigning houses.
I think that is ridiculous. For a reigning royal family, since some of its members will be working for their country, there may be something to be said about marrying "suitably".. but for non reigning royals its just silly....
And I understand that he did challenge the will so presumably he would like to marry Carina and hoped there might be a way of doing it....

Old 12-24-2020, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I suppose the nobility associations would fight hard against the establishment of any law that would overturn testamentary provisions which were against the rules of the German constitution. Many of them inherited their properties via discriminatory wills and would not want to lose their inheritances to their sisters or half-siblings.
I'd say that the biggest incentive for the nobility to fight against the introduction of the kind of law that you allude to is that it would most likely lead to the break up of century old family estates and the dissolution of priceless and culturally invaluable collections of art.

Old 12-24-2020, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Are they worried aobut collections of art.. or losing their estates?
Old 05-03-2021, 12:45 AM
Commoner

Has there been any news about Gustav and Carina lately? She has not posted on her official Instagram account since October. Maybe she is spending more time in Germany?
Old 05-05-2021, 03:06 AM
Majesty

Carina Axelsson on Instagram:
Quote:
I’ve been off of IG for sooooo long! But all is well, thank you all for your messages of kindness! And life is definitely good when one is with fun friends...Wishing you all a happy and healthy evening! �� ����✨⚡️ And, yes, I’m writing, and gardening and have exciting and interesting projects I’m working on, all of which I’ll share when the time is right. Thank you all for your patience and IG friendship!
https://www.instagram.com/p/COds6Wuh...=1by5mmudl8aud
Old 04-18-2022, 02:38 AM
Courtier

While over on Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's thread who should pop up but Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson. They were all attending close friend Birgitte Handwerk's 50th birthday. It was only the one photo and at a distance but glad to see them together.
https://cdn.herognu.dk/wp-content/up...G-1188x792.jpg
Old 04-18-2022, 04:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
While over on Crown Prince Frederick and Princess Mary's thread who should pop up but Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson. They were all attending close friend Birgitte Handwerk's 50th birthday. It was only the one photo and at a distance but glad to see them together.
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.
Nordic, thank you for pointing out my spelling, semantic/cognitive errors, especially since this is a royalty website. The Crown Prince of Denmark isn't Frederick, correct spelling is Frederik. Also, I should have included Crown Princess not just Princess Mary, leaving off Crown. I now stand corrected.

Again, it was nice to see a picture of Prince Gustav and Carina together.

One of the many reasons I stay on TRF is for enjoyment and interest of history and royalty but also to use my writing skills, or lack there of. My brain is stuffed full of demyelinating inflamed lesions from years battling MS and this is a way for me to use some of my rapidly deteriorating skills. I realized last night after posting I should have included Crown in Crown Princess Mary but was brain fatigued. The spelling issue with Frederik is a cognitive/semantics deficit. Some days I'm lucky to spell my own name correctly. As a good friend said, I am a shadow of my former self since my MS diagnosis and she wasn't being mean. Hopefully people's corrections on TRF are meant to be helpful and not mean and/or arrogant.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry you are struggling with MS, Lady Daly. I would never have known that you are battling cognitive issues, as your posts are consistently well-written, intelligent and educational.

I'm sure no criticism of your semantic/cognitive skills was meant and that none perceived it as offensive to call Crown Princess Mary Princess Mary (the King of the Belgians did so at an official dinner with the couple) or to translate her husband's name into English as Frederick (which was the convention until only some decades ago).

Quote:
Hopefully people's corrections on TRF are meant to be helpful and not mean and/or arrogant.
That is the case with me (and I apologize if I have ever given any other impression), and I believe Nordic and most others would agree.

It may bear repeating that responses on TRF and other public fora aren't necessarily directed towards the person whose post has been cited. I suppose I can only speak from my perspective, but whenever I offer a correction, it is normally because I think there is a misperception which is found amongst many people, and not only the person who has recently commented on it (since, with rare exceptions, I see no purpose in a correction to an error which is already apparent to most).
Old 04-19-2022, 10:39 AM
Courtier

Thank you for your kind words Tatiana Maria. TRF is truly a wealth of information from members all over the globe. I learn so much each time I log on.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Daly View Post
While over on Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's thread who should pop up but Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson. They were all attending close friend Birgitte Handwerk's 50th birthday. It was only the one photo and at a distance but glad to see them together.

Well well! So there they are. Thank you Lady Daly for this update.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:15 AM
Administrator

After 19 years of relationship Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson will mary on June 4, 2022, it was announced today.

** BB article: Kæmpe nyhed fra kongehuset: Nu kan prins Gustav endelig gifte sig med sin Carina ** translation **

** BB article: Prins Gustavs mange prøvelser: Så voldsomme har de seneste års stridigheder været ** translation **
Old 04-27-2022, 07:21 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to this loyal and loving couple . I wish them many years of happiness and joy .
Old 04-27-2022, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Delighted for them, but such a pity they had to wait so long... Impossible to have children now !
Old 04-27-2022, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I wonder what this marriage will mean for his inheritance.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting. I wonder why the Danish royal court has not issued an announcement, as they issued announcements for the marriage and divorce of Gustav's sisters. As I understand it, Carina will become a member of the Danish Royal Family on marriage, though not the Danish Royal House, as her husband-to-be and his sisters were excluded from the Royal House because their parents failed to satisfy the conditions for the King's formal approval of their marriage under the Act of Succession of 1953.

I wonder what motivated the couple to take this step after 19 years. One of the articles in iceflower's post suggested it is related to Gustav's inheritance dispute with his great-uncle Ludwig Ferdinand, but the other article clarifies that that court case only commenced in 2017, and it was resolved in Gustav's favor in 2020.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:47 AM
Majesty

Is Nathalie also divorced ?
Old 04-27-2022, 07:47 AM
Majesty

I am very happy for this couple. I hope they are very happy.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

I wonder what motivated the couple to take this step after 19 years. One of the articles in iceflower's post suggested it is related to Gustav's inheritance dispute with his great-uncle Ludwig Ferdinand, but the other article clarifies that that court case only commenced in 2017, and it was resolved in Gustav's favor in 2020.
Before 2017 was the long-running issue of Gustav's grandfather's will which gave him the family estate only if he married an Aryan, protestant member of the nobility something Carina is not. Gustav has unsuccessfully been trying to have those conditions overturned in court for many years. What's confusing here is that to my knowledge the will and its conditions is still set in place so I wonder how that will play out.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Great News for them. But a pity that it is now to late for them to have children.

Tags
prince gustav, prince gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg, sayn