Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Glitteringtiaras. Do you know how Gustav and Carina met?

I think that Queen Margrethe is abel to grant a titel to every person as she pleas aslon the titel is her in Denmark.
When she and Princeconsort Henrik got married ther was a question if King Frederik 9, woud grant Henriks parrents a titel and the same question came back when Frederik and Joachim got married to their brieds.

Carina has to come from a noble family with at least 4 generations of nobility preceding her. Being ennobled by QMII would not be sufficient to get around the terms of the will.

No one seems to have heard anything about a court date; are they possibly waiting for the person who is insisting that the terms of Gustav's grandfather's will be enforced, expire?

I am not attempting to be morbid; but it isn't this a vaild question?

Yes, it is Michelle.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I haven't heard anything either. No one really knows what is happening, including those on another forum I belong to that specifically discusses German and Austrian royalty as well as aristocracy. I guess it's safe to say that it is still in the courts, slowly processing; however, one can say that no news is good news, right?

In the meantime, Gustav has been quite busy. A couple of days ago I posted two reports plus a photo of Gustav working on his latest project. You can read it here.

Carina, according to various German sources, is still working on her latest book and helping with the restoration. Also, in the latest photos I have I noticed a very beautiful ring on her left hand ring finger. I don't believe it is an engagement ring, but perhaps a life lovers ring symbolizing their life companions union.

....Also, in the latest photos I have I noticed a very beautiful ring on her left hand ring finger. I don't believe it is an engagement ring, but perhaps a life lovers ring symbolizing their life companions union.

Would this ring happen to be a ruby surrounded by small diamonds GT? Sort of like Sarah Ferguson's engagement ring?

Would this ring happen to be a ruby surrounded by small diamonds GT? Sort of like Sarah Ferguson's engagement ring?

Yup. You can see it in several posts above. In fact, I think I may have a nice semi close up shot of the ring in my pictures thingy. I'll look for it and post it in a minute.

Okay, my semi close up can be seen [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/gal_carina02.jpg"]here[/URL] and [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/BB492007CGribSkov-g.jpg"]here[/URL]. There not very good, but it's something. I wish I knew how to get a tight shot of the ring.

Last edited:
Yup. You can see it in several posts above. In fact, I think I may have a nice semi close up shot of the ring in my pictures thingy. I'll look for it and post it in a minute.

Okay, my semi close up can be seen [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/gal_carina02.jpg"]here[/URL] and [URL="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/kategt2/Carina%20Axelsson%20and%20Prince%20Gustav%20SWB/BB492007CGribSkov-g.jpg"]here[/URL]. There not very good, but it's something. I wish I knew how to get a tight shot of the ring.

Ah! The unofficial engagement ring :D Carina's been wearing this since before this year's Graasten shoot

Why is that, Guido?

Don't you believe in encouraging the youth to express themselves through the arts? Whether it's creative writing, music, painting, drawing, and so forth? Wouldn't you like to see the younger generation read more, to use their imagination, instead of staring at the television set watching mindless shows as well as playing inane video games all day?

Which is better: Encouraging the youth to be creative? Or, to let them be yet another generation whose reading skills are below the national average?

In what way is the Nigel award ridiculous ??

I'm just curious to know, since I don't know the first thing about the Nigel award.

Carina created The Nigel Awards, with the encouragement of Gustav and Benedikte, in which, she handed out prizes to the best young writers and artists of Bad Berleburg. The reception took place at the schloss where the youth of Bad Berleburg read their stories and shared their art with others. The press, the townspeople of Bad Berleburg, and the princely family found her efforts to be a grand success. As a result, Carina hopes to make The Nigel Awards a yearly event.

I see that Carina accompanied Princess Mary to a recent event. Has anyone heard anything about a court date? Any pics of her and Prince Gustav out and about?

As for any new news regarding Gustav's court dealings and the Will, I haven't heard anything nor read anything as of late. It seems that things are stagnant at the moment. The most recent news about Gustav, including Carina, were noted a page or two back.

If you hear anything new about the couple please let us know.:flowers:

Back to [url=http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=20548&zoektype=2&search=15-03-2008 Copenhagen]Carina[/URL], it is very interesting that she accompanied Mary to her latest event. Hmm, I wonder if she may become Mary's new LIW? Could it happen, Michelle? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing! She very well may become one of Mary's LIW? I find that odd because if she was able to marry Gustav now, she would be the spouse of the heir of the Head of the House of SWB; why would a princess be a LIW?

You got me; however, if things were to go in Gustav's favor, and then he proceeded to marry Carina, would it be the first time a minor, titled "Her Highness", be a LIW to a HRH major royal? I know it seems like a silly question, but I don't know if there has been a precedent like this before if it were to happen, of course.

Nevertheless, it does say a lot about Carina's position, relationship with Mary as well as with the DRF. The legit German press, as I said, refer to her as Gustav's life companion plus she has that ring... so it could be possible that either:
a) Something is in the works
b) Mary is in need for a new LIW
c) ???
d) Nothing at all except that Carina was in town, Mary invited her along for what ever reason, and that's it.

:)

I hope that it works out, but the longer it is drawn out, I am begining to have my doubts. For all outward appearances all seems well, but the situation would wear on me.

Time will tell.

Carina is striking me as being quite shrewd. She is playing the game for all that it is worth. And it is worth quite a bit.

I concur. But if they are happy being life companions then that's what is important. Many couples are not married these days and stay together for 40 + years, so essentially Carina and Gustav are really no different. However, there is a slight problem: Carina isn't entitled to anything. Now if they had a child, that's a whole other issue.

Another thing that I have wondered about recently, is how she is able to stay in Germany for so long without getting into legal trouble. If we look at the bigger picture here, she has confirmed that she has been living in Europe, consistently since 1995, and Germany since 2006. Overall, she hasn't left Europe; perhaps for vacation, but that's it.

Furthermore, she is dating and living with a well known man from a well known family. Plus she's always in the German papers, local and national. So how is it that she is able to get away with it without being deported? I mean, if she is there illegally wouldn't you think the German Board of Immigration (The Auslaenderbehoerde) would have done something about it now? She doesn't have a traditional job, that would allow her to obtain a Work and Residence Visa thanks to the new German Immigration Act 2005, so how does she do it?) I know in some countries, illegals leave for a period of time (usually a couple of weeks) then go back to their host country. Maybe that's what she has been doing. Perhaps a German can tell us the answer or others.

Sorry for being so nosy, btw.

Last edited:
Another thing that I have wondered about recently, is how she is able to stay in Germany for so long without getting into legal trouble. :)

The answer is probably quite simple. Carinas father is swedish. So it's possible she has the swedish citizenship (I don't know if this is the case). Sweden is a member of the european union and as a result Carina would be able to stay in every country that belongs to the union as long as she wish.

To her relationsship with Gustav. As long as Gustavs court case isn't fixed they won't marry with good reasons. It's easy to say if they love each other they should marry no matter what. Though Gustav has worked all his life at the Berleburg estate. It's easy to say he should give up everything if he really loves her. After the case of the Prinz zu Leiningen every man in such a position will think twice to give up his rights for the woman he loves. After all she could leave him as soon as a bigger fish comes her way. Btw. I wouldn't want a man to give up everything for me. It's a huge burden to be responsible for such a decision.

After the case of the Prinz zu Leiningen every man in such a position will think twice to give up his rights for the woman he loves. After all she could leave him as soon as a bigger fish comes her way.

Isn't it sad that Karl-Emich von Leiningen is married for the third time and this time again with a lady with the "right background", just like his first wife? He lost it all for the "Begum Inara" aka Dr. Gabriele née Homey, adopted Thyssen, divorced von Leiningen...

Back to Carina, it is very interesting that she accompanied Mary to her latest event. Hmm, I wonder if she may become Mary's new LIW?
According to Danish press, Carina and Gustav were in Denmark last weekend as Gustav was invited to Prince Joachim's pre-wedding stag party. Carina accompanied Mary while the boys (including Pavlos and Nikolaos) were out. The cousins stayed with Mary and Frederik.

I concur. But if they are happy being life companions then that's what is important. Many couples are not married these days and stay together for 40 + years, so essentially Carina and Gustav are really no different. However, there is a slight problem: Carina isn't entitled to anything. Now if they had a child, that's a whole other issue.

Another thing that I have wondered about recently, is how she is able to stay in Germany for so long without getting into legal trouble. If we look at the bigger picture here, she has confirmed that she has been living in Europe, consistently since 1995, and Germany since 2006. Overall, she hasn't left Europe; perhaps for vacation, but that's it.

Furthermore, she is dating and living with a well known man from a well known family. Plus she's always in the German papers, local and national. So how is it that she is able to get away with it without being deported? I mean, if she is there illegally wouldn't you think the German Board of Immigration (The Auslaenderbehoerde) would have done something about it now? She doesn't have a traditional job, that would allow her to obtain a Work and Residence Visa thanks to the new German Immigration Act 2005, so how does she do it?) I know in some countries, illegals leave for a period of time (usually a couple of weeks) then go back to their host country. Maybe that's what she has been doing. Perhaps a German can tell us the answer or others.

Sorry for being so nosy, btw.

That's a very good questions!

I think that Carina is a social climber like most models who catch a rich and/or noble man end of their model career. She could learn in the fashion industry how manages herself. She knows exactly how have to behave sensibly and dress in order to give a good impression the influential people. I wonder when she started to wright the Nigel ? After she met Prince Gustav or before? This relationship is a very good promotion for her books that she has been dating a German prince. On the other hand I don't understand why she wants to help in restoring the Bad Berleburg castle? She never studied restoration unless by this means she would like to make a good impression on Gustav's parents.

The nigel award is ricidulous because it was named after Carina's animal hero who is a silly crocodile. By the way I don't think that she has established this prize. This award is founded by Gustav and her mother Benedikte in order to improve Carina's public image. It seems that Nigel award is just a PR strategy whereby they would like to influence the court. It showes that she does something useful thing in Berleburg. She doesn't have to work a lot on her children's book because her book is huge size, thin and includes a lots of drawing and very few sentences.

Last edited:
If Gustav never marries Carina due to the will of his grandfather would children of theirs be considered illegitamte? Would the estate still pass to Princess Alexandra's son Richard?

i do not understand why they can not married, anybody please would explainfn to me?
Mary was a commoner, Marie, too, Maxima, Letixia, Meri mette, all of them , so what its the difference with her???? if they want to have kids bettter hurry up!

Ah, I see. Thanks Binz and Freye for your responses.:flowers:

But I am still questioning one aspect: The US traditionally doesn't allow people to have dual citizenship, but over the years no one really has enforced it. Take for example my governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He has dual citizenship, but people turn a blind eye to it. Also, I know three Swedes who've been living in LA for almost 12 years now. One married a guy in order for her to stay legally. While the other two, well, I have no idea how they are able to stay for so long without getting into trouble. I won't ask because it's really none of my business.

Back to Carina.
There is a clear photo of her [URL="http://web.mac.com/stefdnk/royal/March_2008/Pages/March15-2008.html#0"]here[/URL] (it's the second image)*Thanks to Mayflower at CPMMB for finding it.

However, it is interesting to note that the original photographer, Soren, called Carina, Gustav's fiancee. Which is incorrect unless they are secretly engaged, but my guess is that he saw the ring, and assumed they are engaged. Finally, I see the article that Freye mentioned regarding Gustav and Carina's presence in Denmark. You can read it [URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/joachim%20polterabend.aspx"]here plus ahttp://www.theroyalforums.com/forum.../Royalt/mary i studenterrevy.aspx]video[/url] video[/URL].

I wonder when she started to wright the Nigel

She wrote it before. The book was published in 2004 by Assouline Press. It takes quite a long time to write, edit, find the right publisher, edit again, finalize the drawings, edit again, and send it to print. So she probably began in late 2001 through late 2003. Believe me when I say this... it isn't easy to publish even the smallest of books. Plus Assouline is a small exclusive house. They don't just publish anything for profit; they are very very select.

Overall, Guido, I have to disagree with you. Carina has proven that she is able to take care of herself finacially. Her book was critically praised by many and some even called it an instant classic. As for the Nigel Awards. I believe it's a great idea. To encourage kids and young adults to use their imaginations whether through art or writing a short story is a wonderful thing.

I do not understand why they can not married, anybody please would explainfn to me?

Ashelen, the answer and a great ongoing discussions in somewhere in this topic.

Last edited:
I do not dislike Carina, but she is "acting" the role admirably. She is always looking at the camera, ready for her shot. Yet at the Hesse wedding in 2006, she barely looked up on her way to the wedding.

If you look at photos of her as Grasteen, you will see her looking at the cameras or looking at Mary. She is mimicking Mary rather well. If you pay attention, her manner of dress has become very similar to Mary's also. She is not sitting with me. I wish Gustav true happiness, but as this drama is continuing, it appears (to me) that Carina has assimilated herself into this family almost as if she is more royal/princely than they are. I feel that Benedikte and Richard just want Gustav happy, esp. after the Elvire incidentt. You really never see her with Nathalie or Alexandra. She is around Mary more.

Now, don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want to be a princess with a castle, with a handsome prince? But she is just coming off just a bit too phony.

I do not know how to access the German press, so if anyone can assist me witih that, links, etc. please do.

I know understand you mean, Michelle.:)

When Carina first "officially" appeared as Gustav's life companion she dressed like a uptight dowdy school marm from the middle of nowhere with a population of 30. Essentially, she dressed like a 85 year old (pearls, collared shirts, tight updo, etc., etc.) not a women in her early 30's.

During her first public appearance at Grasten she still looked uptight. So, by the time the annual Royal Hunt rolled around, it was out with the old and in with the new with better clothes and coifed hair. Soon she was accompanying Benedikte to various events in Germany, and even handling a few cases of her own. She also became active in restoring the schloss, along with private visits to Denmark. I haven't noticed that she was mimicking Mary's mannerisms, but if she was she should find her own footing; to be herself in front of the public. As the years pass, I believe we will see more and more of Carina, in the spotlight, whether she finally ties the knot with Gustav or not she's here to stay.

I hope my comments aren't taken the wrong way, either, because I like Carina and Gustav. They seem like a perfect match.

Of course, we don't know how often Carina is with Gustav's sisters. It is my understanding that Alexandra and Jefferson live with their children in Paris, and cannot always drive to Berleberg. I suppose Nathalie still lives with her parents in the castle, but I'm sure Carina talks to them. Of course, we may judge from pictures, but we don't see what goes on behind palace doors :)

If Gustav never marries Carina due to the will of his grandfather would children of theirs be considered illegitamte? Would the estate still pass to Princess Alexandra's son Richard?
what does the will say?:flowers:

what does the will say?:flowers:

In short, Gustav must marry a girl who is of noble descent, Aryan, and a Protestant. In the latter half of page one up until around page seven there are detailed explantions regarding the Will, Ashelen. It's very interesting so if you have the time, I would recommend reading it. The dispute over the Will has been going on for sometime now, and who knows how much longer it will go on in the German courts.

Here is a photo of Carina along with Mary at her recent event.
*Thanks must be given to CPClare @CPMMB for originally finding the image.

I do not dislike Carina, but she is "acting" the role admirably. She is always looking at the camera, ready for her shot. Yet at the Hesse wedding in 2006, she barely looked up on her way to the wedding.

If you look at photos of her as Grasteen, you will see her looking at the cameras or looking at Mary. She is mimicking Mary rather well. If you pay attention, her manner of dress has become very similar to Mary's also. She is not sitting with me. I wish Gustav true happiness, but as this drama is continuing, it appears (to me) that Carina has assimilated herself into this family almost as if she is more royal/princely than they are. I feel that Benedikte and Richard just want Gustav happy, esp. after the Elvire incidentt. You really never see her with Nathalie or Alexandra. She is around Mary more.

Now, don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want to be a princess with a castle, with a handsome prince? But she is just coming off just a bit too phony.

I do not know how to access the German press, so if anyone can assist me witih that, links, etc. please do.

Carina is calculating gold digger woman who just wants to become a German princess. She is playing her "role" perfectly. Now she dresses and behaves like a princess. Secret of success: Behave and dress like who would like to become!This is what she learned in the fashion business.

The Nigel award, attending royal engagements are all PR strategy in order to prove the German court that she does something useful in spite of her model career. Each model and actress wants to have force a wealthy or nobel man to married. I wonder why we are able to find only two pictures of her model career because maybe she has nude photos as well .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom