Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware that he would lose his noble title and status; I thought just the headship of the house and the estate by not meeting his grandfather's requirements. Are you sure?

To clear one argument and confusion up once and for all: Carina's age. She's 40 years old. Born on August 5, 1968 according to Netty @ RP who snooped through my state's, California, birth as well as marriage records recently.

We already know (mentioned months ago in this topic) that she has a brother and sister as well as relatives still living in Sweden.

Here's some info. from Marlene's blog about who's next in line to the title after Gustav:Royal Musings: A Princess in all but name

So who is the next in line? Good question. Prince Richard has a younger brother, Prince Robin, who lives in France with his second wife. According to Gustav Albrecht's will, Robin cannot inherit because his marriages were unequal. This brings us to Gustav Albrecht's younger brother, Prince Christian Heinrich, 5th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who married equally.
If Gustav cannot marry Carina and produce an heir to Berleburg, will the estate and headship of the family eventually pass to Bernhart, 6th Prince of of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who lives in Bad Berleburg, with his wife, the former Countess Katharina von Podewils-Dürnwitz, and ten-year-old son, Hereditary Prince Wenzel.
Bad Berleburg is the name of the German town where Schloss Berleburg is located.

It seems we have misunderstanding from my two previous post on this pacific thread.

He will lose his noble status and title along with the headship of the house
and the estate for marrying a woman who does not have the requirements
stated in late grandfather's will.
No misunderstanding. The law has nothing to do with the issue at hand. He is fighting the validity of the will - not the statute.

No misunderstanding. The law has nothing to do with the issue at hand. He is fighting the validity of the will - not the statute.

The law must be still valid if the prince is going to court to fight to change it.If he marries the woman he loves he could possibly lose everything.

The will is valid at this time, which is why the family is trying to overturn it. Again, the law does not enter into it; it is the private will, a private document, that governs the Prince and his financial well-being.

This is not a tragic choice of love thwarted; it's mercenary decision. There is no law forbidding their marriage. None. The Prince wants to have his bride and his inheritance; he wants money AND love. The terms of the will set up by his grandfather say that he cannot, not with this particular bride.

That is what I meant to say the will is still valid he does want to keep what rightfully belongs to him and marry the woman he loves this is the statement that I have been trying to get across all of this time.

Carina's birthday is coming up on August 5th. I wonder if they will have a big party for her, since it will be her 40th.

I'm sure there will be a party; however, whether it will be reported remains to be seen and doubtful that it will be.

:)

So she´s older than Gustav who becomes 40 in January? How do you know that she becomes already 40?

She looks so much younger than 40! I wonder if she wants to have children?

So she´s older than Gustav who becomes 40 in January? How do you know that she becomes already 40?

See post number 335 in this thread. Glittering Tiaras did some research, and was able to find her date of birth.:flowers:

well, if she is dreamming with having children better hurry up!

To clear one argument and confusion up once and for all: Carina's age. She's 40 years old. Born on August 5, 1968 according to Netty @ RP who snooped through my state's, California, birth as well as marriage records recently.

Are you 100 percent sure about this?
In the Danish media she's reported to be 33 years old, or thereabouts!

Viv

On 9th June 2008, Carina Axelsson was reading for children from her book, afterwards, the kids asked her about her age and it was not a problem for her to tell everybody she is already 39 years old.

You can read about this at the end of the article in this link:

Viertklässler mutig wie der kleine Drache Nigel - Bad Berleburg - DerWesten

In wikipedia you can also read about Carina and her age, here the link:

Gustav, Hereditary Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you 100 percent sure about this?
In the Danish media she's reported to be 33 years old, or thereabouts!

Viv

Yes, I am sure of this. Her age was researched and confirmed via Netty Lestria, someone with whom many trust when it comes to accurate information, through California Public Records.

Yes, she is going to be 40 on August 5.

Yes, I am sure of this. Her age was researched and confirmed via Netty Lestria, someone with whom many trust when it comes to accurate information, through California Public Records. Yes, she is going to be 40 on August 5.

Even the local royalty mag get things wrong! Carina's age has been
confirmed in an interview in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet!

Viv

well, so i am surprise , is she willing to have a child? prince gustav is he thinking he will not have an eir?, i know today it is a lot of treatments to get pregnant but she is really taking a big risk, not married, 40 , very difficult to get pregnant!

Even the local royalty mag get things wrong! Carina's age has been
confirmed in an interview in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet!

Viv

Do you have a link to the article, Viv, we would like to read it if you can find it.:) Also, CPR don't lie so it seems BB has officially been deemed unreliable in my book:D. Unless of course Netty made a mistake, but I highly doubt it.

well, so i am surprise , is she willing to have a child? prince gustav is he thinking he will not have an eir?, i know today it is a lot of treatments to get pregnant but she is really taking a big risk, not married, 40 , very difficult to get pregnant!

Yes, at 40 it is more difficult to get pregnant that at say, 25 or 30. But it IS possible naturally. Friends of my parents are 44 and expecting a child, this is their fourth and they were very surprised, as there is 15 years between this new one and their youngest. It was 100% natural, no drugs at all. So, if they DO get married and want kids, it can still happen.

Are they going to see Gustav's sister in the Olympics in Beijing?

Do you have a link to the article, Viv, we would like to read it if you can find it.:) Also, CPR don't lie so it seems BB has officially been deemed unreliable in my book:D. Unless of course Netty made a mistake, but I highly doubt it.

I've checked the BB website, and there's no reference to the
interview with Prince Gustav and Carina, which took place in
connection with their DRF rally at Graasten Castle. *

Carina says that that she found it amusing that (the magazines)
believed her to be six years younger than Gustav, "however I happen
to be five month older. It's just that noone ever asked how old I am".

The interview also gets into how they met, their daily life at
Berleburg, the acceptance of the family and the population of
Berleburg (where she's known as "Frau Axelsson").

Some of the recent posts here have been about the prospect of
children! BB raised the issue, and Prince Gustav replies:

"It is in the hands of God. Should it happen, I'm sure that
that the family will be pleased".

Which to me sounds as if they have resigned to the fact that
it is unlikely to happen. I've heard of first-timers giving
birth at 42, but I think that it would be very optismitic to
count on it!

viv

Could some kind person translate the article for us who do not have access?

It would be greatly appreciated.

i belive one between a million happen, i wrranty you it is not so easy! a lot of people do not say that they use donor eggs!

I think it's interesting that they didn't really take the time to correct the misinformation about her age, until a true documented source like the California Public Records were consulted. Then all of a sudden, it's "oh my goodness, tee hee."

Sounds like the media just publishes whatever is handed to them, too. What did someone here call publications like that? Pink press, just for show and not for information.

Somehow, though, from the whole mosaic of this couple, I'm not surprised.

I just wondered which citizenship Carina and Gustav have.

I know that Carina's mother is of Mexican origin and her father is of Swedish origin, but she grew up in the USA. So, she's US American.
She is living in Germany.
Did she adopted the German citizenship?

What about Gustav?
Is he having the German-Danish dual citizenship?

I just wondered which citizenship Carina and Gustav have.

I know that Carina's mother is of Mexican origin and her father is of Swedish origin, but she grew up in the USA. So, she's US American.
She is living in Germany.
Did she adopted the German citizenship?

What about Gustav?
Is he having the German-Danish dual citizenship?

That's an interesting question. I doubt Carina has the German citizenship - as with most citizenships you can't just have it whilst keeping another citizenship, let alone as a person who is not related to Germany (eg through marriage or parents / relatives). If Carina has any European citizenship (eg Swedish) she can reside & work in Germany as long as she wants - different story eg for US citizens who require visas or work permits (unless married to a German citizen).

Maybe other posters know more or better (in case I am wrong) :flowers:

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that Carina has dual US-Swedish citizenship. She has family in Sweden, so it seems logical that she would have citizenship there.

Thanks for your answers. :flowers:

Another question ;):
Does anyone know which languages the two speak and which one they use to talk with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom