Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wyevale said:
Caroline values her HRH above practically anything.. If divorced she would revert to a measly HSH...
Princess Caroline is currently HRH The Princess of Hanover.
If she and Prince Ernst August divorced she would become HRH Caroline, Princess of Hanover.
She would only lose her Hanover title and the style of Royal Highness if she remarried.

Last edited:
He even gave interviews to ORF and RTL at the exhibition. He actually seemed to be very happy and in a really good mood. I think the relationship is quite serious and makes him happy.

:previous: That man takes being a classic Cad to it's deepest level!

That's true. Where is this pic being taken?
It was taken at an exhibition opening at Vienna jeweller Köchert. The headline of the article says she's "posing in front of o picture of Princess Caroline". But to be fair, she isn't exactly posing. The picture gives the impression that the couple just walk from room to room with the photographers present. EA and Simone are probably not even aware that there is a small photo of Caroline on the wall.

Well it's hardly like she's actually purposefully posing with the photo of P.Caroline... imo a bit of "Bild-klatsch" must still be slow news season ;)
Bit of unfortunate (or fortunate depending on the way you look at it) timing by the photographer ;)

ETA: you beat me to it Tilia :)

Thanks for posting the news.
IIRC she had a long career as a politician for CDU in Frankfurt, hadn't she?

Last edited:
According to Marlene König Princess Monika of Hannover, née Countess zu Solms-Laubach died on 04.06.2015. She was the second wife and widow of the late Prince Ernst August of Hannover, who was born as the Hereditary Prince of Brunswick in 1914.

Last edited:
The funeral of Princess Alexandra of Hannover was celebrated yesterday afternoon at the Family Cemetery of the Princely House of Ysenburg und Büdingen, in Büdingen, where the Princess has been buried.
Among the 200 mourners were Prince Heinrich and Princess Thyra of Hannover, the Landgrave of Hesse, Prince Michael zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (himself a CDU politician, like the late Princess).

Alexandra Prinzessin von Hannover (†77): Abschied von Frankfurts liebster Prinzessin - Frankfurt - Bild.de

Thanks for those pictures.
So apparently also the Leiningens and Prince Christian of Hannover were in attendance.

Thanks for those pictures.
So apparently also the Leiningens and Prince Christian of Hannover were in attendance.

Is Prince Cristian the tall blond man in all four pictures? And is Furst Leiningen the older man in picture 3? If so who is the younger woman walking with him and does anyone know who the other women are?

Yes, the tall blond man is indeed Prince Christian, while the older man is Fürst Andreas zu Leiningen.

I'm not sure abut the ladies, but maybe the younger could be Princess Olga zu Leiningen.

Thanks for the pics! I like to see Princess Caroline's step-children. :flowers: Too bad there are no pics of Prince Ernst Jr. or Princess Alexandra (Princess Caroline's daughter)....

Prince Ernst August V didn't attend his stepmother funeral?
I tried to download the announcement but resolution too bad. Nevertheless I think that I read that it was him making the announcement.
Any pics?

Yes the announcment was made by him. He also did not attend the funeral of his aunt Princess Alexandra which was only a few days before the funeral of Princess Monika.

The announcement is also made 'in name of his wife the Princess of Hannover'

The announcement is also made 'in name of his wife the Princess of Hannover'

Normal. They are not officially divorced.
Did his sons attend the funeral of their stepgrandmother?

RTL and Vox are reporting that Ernst August and his girlfriend Simona have broken up. Apparently she already works for a nightclub again. Don't know how reliable these reports are but both TV stations are already speculating if there will be a reconciliation with Caroline. Well one never knows but I think that's unlikely.

I annot see why Caroline wuld want a reconciliation.. Her daughter must be used to separated parents by now, and Caroline already enjoys what she most wanted from the match.. HRH status.. why would she want a reconciliation with a man who is notably volatile, and has/had a MAJOR drink problem ?

Just my opinion, but this guy is a total LOSER. Who cares about his illicit relationships?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my opinion, but this guy is a total LOSER. Who cares about his illicit relationships?

His family cares. His spouse cares. His friends care.

:flowers:

Plenty of examples in royal marriages which seemed on the rocks but where the partners have re-found each other. Note that the Prince and Princess of Hannover are still a married couple. As his spouse the Princess still will inherit at minimum half of the Prince's private properties and vice-versa (!). That the couple never divorced is telling for a certain mutual agreement both made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom