The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 09-13-2022, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Who brought him up after the tragic death of his parents?
Old 09-13-2022, 06:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Who brought him up after the tragic death of his parents?
His grandmother, his maternal grandparents took care of him. I think he still lives with his grandmother. After his parents died, there was a court case and contrary to his late fathers wishes of Ernst August raising Otto, custody was given to Ottos maternal grandparents.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

And maybe it proved to be better for him.
Old 09-13-2022, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
And maybe it proved to be better for him.
Most definitely.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Will the Saga ever end?

Bunte online, the German tabloid, reports and cites the Austrian daily, Kronenzeitung.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...n-prinzen.html

The time of troubles, which started out of the properties given by Ernst August senior of Hanover to Ernst August junior - among them castle Marienburg - is not over yet: Ernst August senior had ceased his questionable demands against Junior into the hands of the EAH Betreibungs-GmbH, a high class repo and incasso outfit in the hands of his lawyer.

But, has we know by now, Junior had all legally and juristically confirmed rights to the castle, which he gave to the state. Senior did see this as a blow to the House of Hanover and sued, later with his ceased demands the EAH outfit did the same - in vain!

Now, in a new twist, it turns out, that this very EAH enterprise was founded by Ernst August senior back in the days and is now bankrupt. The debt in question are 500 000 €uro.

And then the reporting of Bunte online takes a new and unexplained curve: Ernst August senior sold to this EAH outfit run by his lawyer art artefacts, which are no longer in his hands.

So, to sum up: At least half a million debt for the EAH outfit, which might now go against Ernst August senior.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder what is the reason for Prince Ernst August Sr to maintain the marriage with Princess Caroline of Monaco, whch -as far as we all know - for 10+ years exists only on papers???
Old 11-19-2022, 06:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I wonder what is the reason for Prince Ernst August Sr to maintain the marriage with Princess Caroline of Monaco, whch -as far as we all know - for 10+ years exists only on papers???
I have been thinking about that too. I think it might be for inheritance reasons for their daughter Alexandra. Once you get a divorce it could happen that Caroline does not inherit and Alexandra maybe not as much as she would if her parents stayed married. It is common in a lot of divorce cases in my country. Unless they have set up a marriage contract which also covers all inheritance and divorce issues, it could very well be the reason of staying married.

I honestly cannot imagine another reason.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

In my country, a child - if not disinherited by the parent in the will - is the statutory heir of his/her mother and his/her father, regardless of whether his/her parents are married, divorced or have never been married (i.e. the parents lived in a concubinate, the child is a fruit of a short romance or even a one-night stand - but the father recognized child as his).

After all, Caroline, as an estranged wife, has no right to inherit after Ernst-August Sr.

I hope Ernst-August Sr. has some contact with Alexandra.

And what refers to all recognized children (not disinherited) of the man who had them with more than one mother - all of them inherit his estate in equal parts (regardless of the character of father's relationship with a concrete mother )

So statutory heirs of the Ernst-August Sr's estate would be: Ernst-August Jr, Christian and Alexandra - and everone of them gets 1/3 of the estate.
Old 11-19-2022, 07:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
In my country, a child - if not disinherited by the parent in the will - is the statutory heir of his/her mother and his/her father, regardless of whether his/her parents are married, divorced or have never been married (i.e. the parents lived in a concubinate, the child is a fruit of a short romance or even a one-night stand - but the father recognized child as his).

After all, Caroline, as an estranged wife, has no right to inherit after Ernst-August Sr.

I hope Ernst-August Sr. has some contact with Alexandra.

And what refers to all recognized children (not disinherited) of the man who had them with more than one mother - all of them inherit his estate in equal parts (regardless of the character of father's relationship with a concrete mother )

So statutory heirs of the Ernst-August Sr's estate would be: Ernst-August Jr, Christian and Alexandra - and everone of them gets 1/3 of the estate.
Yes, the children will inherit in equal parts, but Caroline probaly will only inherit when she is still married, even though they have been living apart for many years. That is how it would work here, I don't know about the laws of other countries.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
Yes, the children will inherit in equal parts, ...
What? Ernst August senior has given the bigger part of his fortune to his eldest son, Ernst August jr., already.

It should be in no case forgotten, that the House of Hanover is a large German noble House with the respective House Laws!

Girls and sons born after the first get normally quite little if anything at all. Quite the opposite: They are often force by friendly pressure of their loving families to give up all claims as soon as they are 18.

And I wonder, if Princess Alexandra has done this...
Old 11-19-2022, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, the children will inherit in equal parts, but Caroline probaly will only inherit when she is still married, even though they have been living apart for many years. That is how it would work here, I don't know about the laws of other countries.
I think there are trusts for the properties of the family. Plus I wouldn’t be too worried about Alexandra because her mother wealthy herself. Plus Chantal, his ex-wife is an heiress so the children won’t bicker much.
Old 11-20-2022, 04:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGyamfi1 View Post
I think there are trusts for the properties of the family. Plus I wouldn’t be too worried about Alexandra because her mother wealthy herself. Plus Chantal, his ex-wife is an heiress so the children won’t bicker much.
This discussion came up because we were wondering why Caroline doesn't get divorced. And I guessed it might be for inheritance reasons. But that is just speculation, we don't know the reasons.
Old 11-20-2022, 08:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
This discussion came up because we were wondering why Caroline doesn't get divorced. And I guessed it might be for inheritance reasons. But that is just speculation, we don't know the reasons.
Let’s wait and see how it all turns out. IMO, it’s too complicated but anything can happen.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Prince Ernst August and girlfriend Claudia Stilianopoulos attended the celebration for the 60th anniversary of the Alduccio restaurant in Madrid yesterday, November 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 01-04-2023, 03:15 PM
Courtier

And now some cars are gone...

The German tabloid Bunte online cites the Austrian daily Salzburger Nachrichten.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...htskosten.html

So, as discussed here in the Royal Forums too, there was this fight in front of a court between Prince Ernst August senior and his eldest son Prince Ernst August junior. It was all about huge gifts made by Senior to Junior - among them Castle Marienburg.

Junior claimed the upkeep of the castle was too expensive and sold it for one €uro into public hands.

Ernst August senior sued against this and demanded all gifts back - his claims were denied by the court..

Now, in the aftermath of these quarrels the question of the costs for the whole judicial process has to be answered. Prince Ernst August senior has, if one believes the press, to pay up to 2.5 million €uro. A lot of money, which he did not have cash. So, the Prince has sold, to make a long story short, cars out of his oldtimer collection: Ferraris, Rolls Royce', Mercedes'.