The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2021, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

As has been said, Ernst August is not a citizen of Austria. He was a resident but has now been told to seek residency elsewhere (Germany, where he is a citizen comes to mind...). I say good! Since he can't behave appropriately, we don't need him here. He is very arrogant - thinks that because he owns property, he must be permitted residency in Austria. No, he must not.

Ernst August should be happy that Austria's judicial system is so lenient. There are plenty of countries where he would have gone to jail for physically assaulting a police officer!

Now I hope he will attend the psychotherapy that has also been mandated by the judge, and practice some self reflection for a change.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

At a certain age, it is impossible to change especially if you have had a life of self-indulgence facilitated by your money.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:45 AM
Courtier

Is it possible Ernst August has become such a menace to society the society he lives in wants him out? In other words, go cause trouble somewhere else. An interesting case to follow.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eleanor View Post
As has been said, Ernst August is not a citizen of Austria. He was a resident but has now been told to seek residency elsewhere (Germany, where he is a citizen comes to mind...). I say good!
He was explicitly told by the court not to live on his property in Grünau/Austria for three years. He was not kicked out of Austria the country. This would be impossible, anyway, since he is an EU-citizen (Germany).

Btw he is still honorary citizen of the community of Grünau in Austria, where he is denied the right of settlement now by the court. And the mayor of Grünau insisted, it will stay that way. The folks seem to like him there...
Old 03-28-2021, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
He was explicitly told by the court not to live on his property in Grünau/Austria for three years. He was not kicked out of Austria the country. This would be impossible, anyway, since he is an EU-citizen (Germany).

Btw he is still honorary citizen of the community of Grünau in Austria, where he is denied the right of settlement now by the court. And the mayor of Grünau insisted, it will stay that way. The folks seem to like him there...

I didn't actually expect for him to be kicked out precisely because he is an EU citizen, but I do think there are circumstances under which an EU citizen can be denied residency in another EU country. I thought that had now happened. If it is precisely this property, I am not sure it will hold. We will see...

The mayor may like him but it's my impression that most Austrians think of him as a joke. Though I think it's actually very serious - violence & threats...
Old 03-28-2021, 10:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eleanor View Post
The mayor may like him but it's my impression that most Austrians think of him as a joke. Though I think it's actually very serious - violence & threats...
Yep, you are right! One cannot roam around armed with a baseball bat, making threats to folks and police. He is/was a loose cannon! (Albeit he claimed, he was drugged up with booze and meds by his housekeepers on the orders of his son... - see post 472 with source -)
Old 03-29-2021, 06:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
As far as I am aware Ernst August is not an Austrian citizen... I assume he is a German (and probably British?) citizen.
He is Austrian, German and British citizen.