The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Nobility

No news about Prince E A of Hanover senior, seems to be good news. I hope he got help and get back to his charming self again.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:42 AM
Courtier

It is getting hot...

So, two weeks ago Prince Ernst August was indicted by an Austrian attorney of state: The Prince is, if convicted, faceing up to three years imprisonment for hurting folks and threatening them under influence in four cases.

The court wants him to see a medical expert witness(?).[1]

His defence: His housekeepers supplyed him with alcohol, albeit they knew, that he was sick. The fun part: These housekeepers were his first victims - so, he says, it was their fault.[2]

Sources (sorry, in German only):
[1] https://www.merkur.de/boulevard/erns...-90155870.html

[2] https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...h-alkohol.html

Old 01-15-2021, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Houkeepers are paid to comply with their boss orders, I can't believe his defence argue that as an excuse. Sorry for my poor English !
Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 AM
Courtier

If they hadn't bought him alcohol then he probably would have become abusive about that. If this is true then he really has no excuses. Blaming the victims because they gave him booze, blaming them for bringing him booze or being drunk doesn't excuse is alleged actions.

He really isn't a well man in any sense of the word it seems but until he makes an effort to get help and change nothing anyone does for him will work.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Houkeepers are paid to comply with their boss orders, I can't believe his defence argue that as an excuse. Sorry for my poor English !
Yep, this "excuse" might make his past actions look even worse in the eyes of the court: Because he shows no remorse and is not taking any responsibilities! Both would probably lead to a sentence "on probation", especially if one considers, that he is seriously ill.

And, rominet, your English is surely better than mine. I am certified as "upper intermediate" - what means in straight language: "talks like a kid" .
Old 01-15-2021, 01:51 PM
Nobility

It is so much easier to blame someone else for ones short comings and hope the next person is dumb enough to believe it. Prince EA lost his sparkle long ago. If blaming the housekeeper don't work, he can always say, The Devil made me do it. I just wish he would have paid more attention to his son's and his four grandchildren, they may never met him. Again that is of his own doing. He is a spoiled over the hill old man, with lots of lost charm and he is used to getting it his way. I hope he will be sent to a Hospital, because jail he will never survive.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Yep, this "excuse" might make his past actions look even worse in the eyes of the court: Because he shows no remorse and is not taking any responsibilities! Both would probably lead to a sentence "on probation", especially if one considers, that he is seriously ill.

And, rominet, your English is surely better than mine. I am certified as "upper intermediate" - what means in straight language: "talks like a kid" .
Rominet and Victor.....your English is great! You write and talk better then some English speaking people. I understood you perfectly. Now to train my spellchecker on the computer. I think thats hopeless

Thank you for all the info and comments on the Prince.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
It is so much easier to blame someone else for ones short comings and hope the next person is dumb enough to believe it. Prince EA lost his sparkle long ago. If blaming the housekeeper don't work, he can always say, The Devil made me do it. I just wish he would have paid more attention to his son's and his four grandchildren, they may never met him. Again that is of his own doing. He is a spoiled over the hill old man, with lots of lost charm and he is used to getting it his way. I hope he will be sent to a Hospital, because jail he will never survive.
Though not married or with kids, I'd think his daughter would have also appreciated more of his time and attention. Over his lifestyle these years.

Heck even his stepchildren have been effected by his choices. I remember Pierre spending the night int he hospital in Peru with his stepfather so that Christian didn't have to leave his wedding.

Any judge worth his salt should throw out the argument without blinking. You can't blame a servant for following the orders of their boss. Unless asked to do something criminal, then yes they have the right to refuse. They would have faced being fired, and subjected to more abuse, for refusing the man. They are not to blame for his dangerous behavior or actions after he drank.

One can only hope for a hospital at this point. And longer stay then the last.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post

Thank you very much !