Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokument.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Dokumentnummer=NOR40050629

Such an arrest is allowed aong other things (see above), if the perp was caught "red-handed", if the perp is fleeing or about to flee, might disguise the evil doing or is accused of something, that might lead to more than six months incarceration.

That in itself is probably here not the problem! The Prince will have good lawyers and get bailed. But what, if the force him to see a shrink, while still in jail? :ermm::eek:
Interesting, Victor. I'm wondering if he was jailed or hospitalized or by now has been release back home?:eek: It was also interesting the article in bold lettering stated police were wearing body cameras. The only reason I can see for a "shrink"/psychiatrist to be brought in is to determine his state of mind. It appears to be another "ground hog day" for Prince Ernst August. :ohmy::sad:

The only reason I can see for a "shrink"/psychiatrist to be brought in is to determine his state of mind.

Well, if he gets a "fit" and starts to threaten the police officers again, he might be faster under psychological observation/evaluation, than one thinks! And from there it is just a small step into the psychiatric ward...

His family should have gotten him under control long ago! I mean, what we knw, we know almost exclusively out of the media - and what do they know anyway?

But there was no interview of his sons, brother, wifes, whatever, that showed, his family has at least tried... It is a cold world, the high nobility...

Last edited:
Well, if he gets a "fit" and starts to threaten the police officers again, he might be faster under psychological observation/evaluation, than one thinks! And from there it is just a small step into the psychiatric ward...

His family should have gotten him under control long ago! I mean, what we knw, we know almost exclusively out of the media - and what do they know anyway?

But there was no interview of his sons, brother, wifes, whatever, that showed, his family has at least tried... It is a cold world, the high nobility...

If he doesn't accept that he needs help there's only a limited amount any family member can do. Especially when dealing with someone who's wealthy and powerful. You can't force someone to get well when dealing with mental health and addiction, even if you can get them sober for a while.

I can't imagine how his his sons giving an interview about how they've tried to help him would improve the situation. They'd be accused of airing private issues in public and trying to get attention using their ill father. And if Caroline said anything....international headlines! And it's doubtful Ernst August would listen anyway. Probably start a family media war "he said, they said" and cause more chaos with paparazzi following him all the time.

They could have begged him to get help and be fearing that this time he won't make it.

Or they could just have completely washed their hands of the situation and ignore him. We just don't know.

It isn't a cold world - it's private! Why would they give interviews to discuss the private pain of their father's psychiatric and physical health problems.

It isn't a cold world - it's private! Why would they give interviews to discuss the private pain of their father's psychiatric and physical health problems.

Oh, we know a lot about them and they did not hesitate to inform us about their monies, their struggles about who inherits what and when... We know really a lot about their material state of life!

We even know that much, that we can answer the question "Cui bono" if the old Prince gets declared unfit...:ermm:

Oh, we know a lot about them and they did not hesitate to inform us about their monies, their struggles about who inherits what and when... We know really a lot about their material state of life!

We even know that much, that we can answer the question "Cui bono" if the old Prince gets declared unfit...:ermm:
I didn't say we don't know a lot about them. We know about things which are in the public domain because there are public documents or because Ernst spouted off about them.

None of which means his family have to give interviews about his health or erratic behaviour.

Ernst August was set free under certain conditions. His license to keep weapons (he is a hunter) was revoked. I am shocked that with everything that has happened, he was allowed to keep weapons in the house. In Germany, if you have a license and you are caught drunk, on foot or bike or in a car, and they find out you have a license you have to give up license immediately even though the weapons were not involved in any incident.
https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/leu...m-fuss-a-2a680b07-8f9d-460a-aa62-b4d7abc56abd

:previous:
https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/leu...m-fuss-a-2a680b07-8f9d-460a-aa62-b4d7abc56abd

So the prince has been released with a "provisional" gun ban in place and "instructed to stay in a certain place, not to make contact with the alleged victims and to stay away from the alleged crime scene".

So no hospital for Prince Ernst August, he was sent to Wels prison this time. Since being released no ones talking. "The House of Hanover did not want to comment. Even the law firm of the Guelph Prince did not want to comment on the content of the matter."

I hate to think what the princes next unilateral move might be. Law enforcement does seem to be giving him a lot of chances to behave. However, does it also seem like this might be his last chance. "According to the public prosecutor's office, the great-grandson of the last German Emperor Wilhelm II could face up to three years imprisonment in the event of a final conviction. Until then, the presumption of innocence applies"

I have no idea what Austrian prisons are like, but now might be the time for a voluntary hospitalization. What a mess. I wonder how much the family is involved, if any at this point. It truly is a sad situation.

I'd save my sympathy for people who have a lot wrose problems than him. He seems to be a selfish individual who has acted in a bizarre way for years, abused drink and drugs.. and generally made a nuisance of himself.
I do not like him at all, but in all fairness, maybe the drugs and the alcohol are his attempts at self-medication for depression. He could also suffer from Alzheimer or Dementia.

I do not like him at all, but in all fairness, maybe the drugs and the alcohol are his attempts at self-medication for depression. He could also suffer from Alzheimer or Dementia.

He's been like this for years. There are people with addictions or mental health problems who may be unhappy and somewhat difficult but they don't behave like he does. And he is well off enough to get good mental health and addiction assistance if he wants it...

He's been like this for years. There are people with addictions or mental health problems who may be unhappy and somewhat difficult but they don't behave like he does. And he is well off enough to get good mental health and addiction assistance if he wants it...
Yes, but addiction is the key word - easier said than done. It's a disease.

Which doesn't mean he would necessarily be a pleasant person if he weren't ill.

He was considered quite good company and charming in his younger days but it seems his father and brothers have/had "strong" personalities in one way or another - a dysfunctional family in many ways. His sisters seem more balanced.

Prince Ernst August V has been very nice when he was Pss Caroline's husband,what ever went wrong turned him into a horror.On top of that he is a LUSH. The last few episodes maybe a cry for help, I hope he'll get it. He has a super big ego and feels he is entitled to what ever he can get,with no penalty. If I would be in his family, I would not want to give any comments either. He should pull himself up and be what he is a GRANDFATHER and spend time with the little ones. Maybe he should also feed himself a spoon full of Humility,he needs it.

I think all this is very unlikely ot happen, It would probably be a good thing if he did end up In court and possibly he would be made to have treatment

At no time did his family sit down and give an interview on such subjects.

Not giving a public interview about their father's mental illness/addiction is being cold?? No its called keeping private things private. Revealing private medical information about their father doesn't benefit anyone including him.

Families can do everything they can to help a person but if they refuse to get help sometimes they hit a wall in trying to help. Royals (former royals) are not immune to that issue. Money doesn't buy you good health or less struggles. It simply means that if you are willing to get the help needed, you have more resources to be able to do so.

I do hope he goes to trial over this. Maybe the courts can force him to get the help his family has been unable to get him to go to.

At no time did his family sit down and give an interview on such subjects.

Which subjects? Their Riches?

Ernst August jr. gave a long interview in the "HAZ", Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, this year end of January about the financial situation of the House: Why he sold the Marienburg castle and what happend to the 44 million Euro from the 2005 art sale. I can't find it online, but the interview is mentioned here:
https://www.express.de/news/promi-u...hannover-erklaert-seinen-burgverkauf-31972968

And he gave long interviews, before his plans for the Marienburg castle failed, in which he explicitly talked about the financial situation:
https://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der...Hannovers-Prinz-Ernst-August-im-HAZ-Interview

There was this docu with the brother of EA sr., Prince Heinrich, about the nazi roots of large parts of their fortune (just a snippet linked):
https://www.ndr.de/geschichte/chronologie/Beschaeftigung-von-Zwangsarbeitern,adel234.html

and so on...

Which subjects? Their Riches?

Ernst August jr. gave a long interview in the "HAZ", Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, this year end of January about the financial situation of the House: Why he sold the Marienburg castle and what happend to the 44 million Euro from the 2005 art sale. I can't find it online, but the interview is mentioned here:
https://www.express.de/news/promi-u...hannover-erklaert-seinen-burgverkauf-31972968

And he gave long interviews, before his plans for the Marienburg castle failed, in which he explicitly talked about the financial situation:
https://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der...Hannovers-Prinz-Ernst-August-im-HAZ-Interview

There was this docu with the brother of EA sr., Prince Heinrich, about the nazi roots of large parts of their fortune (just a snippet linked):
https://www.ndr.de/geschichte/chronologie/Beschaeftigung-von-Zwangsarbeitern,adel234.html

and so on...

These were legal matters. Ones that if he hadn't given an interview about, people could have found out by looking at documents. Not private information about personal family discussions.

I don't know how anyone can compare the selling of an estate to discussing the struggle with mental health of one's father. One is public information, one for very good reason, is private and not public business at all.

Nor is acknowledging a darker side of family history remotely the same thing. Again history and something documented.

They aren't leaking family secrets in tell all books or interviews.

These were legal matters. Ones that if he hadn't given an interview about, people could have found out by looking at documents. Not private information about personal family discussions.

No, these were not "legal", but financial matters! "Legal" matters would have been, if they had discussed in public, what they did, that Senior wanted the part of the inheretence from Junior back, he had gifted to Junior - because of, how he did put it, big ungratefulness...

And this legal question leads to the "cui bono" thingy: Who benefits most, if Senior ends up locked up and declared unfit to do business?

And since to world is full of suspicious minds like mine, at least Junior would be well advised, to wash his hands in innnocence - publically. Or to ride in and to help his father, what would be even better!

No, these were not "legal", but financial matters! "Legal" matters would have been, if they had discussed in public, what they did, that Senior wanted the part of the inheretence from Junior back, he had gifted to Junior - because of, how he did put it, big ungratefulness...

And this legal question leads to the "cui bono" thingy: Who benefits most, if Senior ends up locked up and declared unfit to do business?

And since to world is full of suspicious minds like mine, at least Junior would be well advised, to wash his hands in innnocence - publically. Or to ride in and to help his father, what would be even better!

Financial matters are Legal matters. There are contracts and legal requirements when dealing with large estates. This wasn't a pass some bucks under the table type of business. Land deeds were involved. This is all Legal paper work. All that there would be Legal public record of.

He already handed over control of a good chunk of the family estate to his sons to manage years ago.

No one benefits from him being declared unfit. There is no evidence to believe that his sons are heartless and ruthless, and would be happy to snap up his fortune from him (what is left that he controls still).

To be quite honest the fact you think his sons should air his dirty laundry, and talk about his mental illness to the public and 'oh how we are helping him' is sad at best. I'd find that more cold and aloof then anything. Public humiliation of your father serves no purpose either.

Innocence? Maybe we should leave conspiracy theories of his sons gaslighting him off the board? And stick to known fact.

And stick to known fact.

Yes, you are right! My apologies! :flowers:

I don't want to transform just another part of The Royal Forums into a kind of another "sussex thread"...

BTW Is it just me, or has The Royal Forums gotten a more dark note lately? Sussex, Waringo, Guelphs and so on - where are the good news?

No news about Prince E A of Hanover senior, seems to be good news. I hope he got help and get back to his charming self again.

It is getting hot...

So, two weeks ago Prince Ernst August was indicted by an Austrian attorney of state: The Prince is, if convicted, faceing up to three years imprisonment for hurting folks and threatening them under influence in four cases.

The court wants him to see a medical expert witness(?).[1]

His defence: His housekeepers supplyed him with alcohol, albeit they knew, that he was sick. The fun part: These housekeepers were his first victims - so, he says, it was their fault.[2]

Sources (sorry, in German only):
[1] https://www.merkur.de/boulevard/ern...esterreich-gefaengnis-kaiser-zr-90155870.html

[2] https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...aushaelterin-gab-mir-absichtlich-alkohol.html

Houkeepers are paid to comply with their boss orders, I can't believe his defence argue that as an excuse. Sorry for my poor English !

If they hadn't bought him alcohol then he probably would have become abusive about that. If this is true then he really has no excuses. Blaming the victims because they gave him booze, blaming them for bringing him booze or being drunk doesn't excuse is alleged actions.

He really isn't a well man in any sense of the word it seems but until he makes an effort to get help and change nothing anyone does for him will work.

Houkeepers are paid to comply with their boss orders, I can't believe his defence argue that as an excuse. Sorry for my poor English !

Yep, this "excuse" might make his past actions look even worse in the eyes of the court: Because he shows no remorse and is not taking any responsibilities! Both would probably lead to a sentence "on probation", especially if one considers, that he is seriously ill.

And, rominet, your English is surely better than mine. I am certified as "upper intermediate" - what means in straight language: "talks like a kid" :lol: .

It is so much easier to blame someone else for ones short comings and hope the next person is dumb enough to believe it. Prince EA lost his sparkle long ago. If blaming the housekeeper don't work, he can always say, The Devil made me do it. I just wish he would have paid more attention to his son's and his four grandchildren, they may never met him. Again that is of his own doing. He is a spoiled over the hill old man, with lots of lost charm and he is used to getting it his way. I hope he will be sent to a Hospital, because jail he will never survive.

Yep, this "excuse" might make his past actions look even worse in the eyes of the court: Because he shows no remorse and is not taking any responsibilities! Both would probably lead to a sentence "on probation", especially if one considers, that he is seriously ill.

And, rominet, your English is surely better than mine. I am certified as "upper intermediate" - what means in straight language: "talks like a kid" :lol: .

Rominet and Victor.....your English is great! You write and talk better then some English speaking people. I understood you perfectly. Now to train my spellchecker on the computer. I think that’s hopeless

Thank you for all the info and comments on the Prince.

It is so much easier to blame someone else for ones short comings and hope the next person is dumb enough to believe it. Prince EA lost his sparkle long ago. If blaming the housekeeper don't work, he can always say, The Devil made me do it. I just wish he would have paid more attention to his son's and his four grandchildren, they may never met him. Again that is of his own doing. He is a spoiled over the hill old man, with lots of lost charm and he is used to getting it his way. I hope he will be sent to a Hospital, because jail he will never survive.

Though not married or with kids, I'd think his daughter would have also appreciated more of his time and attention. Over his lifestyle these years.

Heck even his stepchildren have been effected by his choices. I remember Pierre spending the night int he hospital in Peru with his stepfather so that Christian didn't have to leave his wedding.

Any judge worth his salt should throw out the argument without blinking. You can't blame a servant for following the orders of their boss. Unless asked to do something criminal, then yes they have the right to refuse. They would have faced being fired, and subjected to more abuse, for refusing the man. They are not to blame for his dangerous behavior or actions after he drank.

One can only hope for a hospital at this point. And longer stay then the last.

Thank you very much !:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom