Prince Ernst August Jr, Prince Christian of Hannover and Families: March 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prince Ernst August jr attended the annual summer party of the Lower Saxony state representation in Berlin, Germany, today, June 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** haz.de gallery **

On princess Ekatarina's 32nd birthday!

:previous:

Thanks for mentioning that! ?

On July 22 Ernst August jr and Ekaterina welcomed the 5000th visitor of the exhibition "200 Years of Marie and George of Hanover" at Marienburg Castle:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** haz.de article **

:previous: Aw, Elisabeth is a beautiful little baby! Was the photo just part of a photoshoot or taken at a special occasion? She's wearing quite a formal dress.

:previous: Aw, Elisabeth is a beautiful little baby! Was the photo just part of a photoshoot or taken at a special occasion? She's wearing quite a formal dress.

Looks like a photoshoot to me. It's indeed a rather formal dress. Her parents probably wanted some special pictures (as quite a few other parents of newborns do as well) and picked one of them for their thank you cards.

Princess Elisabeth seems to have a squint; but it could be just this picture (although they might have picked a different one if it was only occasionally happening).

I don't care for Sassa's outfit...it does not flatter her.:ermm: But she is a beauty.

The bride's tiara is a dream!

I don't care for Sassa's outfit...it does not flatter her.:ermm: But she is a beauty.

The bride's tiara is a dream!

It's interesting that this bride went with tiara while the future duchess of Alba did without on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Ernst August Jr and Princess Ekaterina are expecting their second child.

Source: Haz.de

According to Bunte the birth is planned in April and they are expecting a boy.

Bunte.de and Hola.com

Last edited:
Congatulations to the couple for the second on way baby!!

Oh, that's great news!
I hope they don't name him Ernst August...

Last edited:
Congatulations to the couple for the second on way baby!!

Prince Ernst August Jr and Princess Ekaterina are expecting their second child.

Source: Haz.de

According to Bunte the birth is planned in April and they are expecting a boy.

Bunte.de and Hola.com
I am surprised that the couple decided to provide such detailed information about the baby. Will the baby in question become the heir of the heir?

E-A Jr. accompanied his mother Chantal to Princess Eugenie's wedding last week. So I guess the Windsors consider him the de facto head of the House of Hanover, and not E-A Sr. anymore.:whistling:

According to Bunte they will name him Ernst August :lol:, but fortunately this is not confirmed.

I fully expect them to name him Ernst August, to be honest. Any other name would be as weird as a Danish heir named Joachim ;) And Ernst August jr and Alessandra seem aware of the family's role and willing to play their part, so I don't think they will break the tradition.
BUT I would prefer them to get a bit more creative. Especially Ernst isn't really a trendy name any more in Germany. And all the Ernst Augusts seem a bit boring to me. At least they alternate between two names in Denmark.
Additionaly, naming her younger brother like all the heirs before him would send a strong signal that they don't see Elisabeth as the heiress. And I personally wouldn't like that signal (Not that I think that they care what I think:D)

E-A Jr. accompanied his mother Chantal to Princess Eugenie's wedding last week. So I guess the Windsors consider him the de facto head of the House of Hanover, and not E-A Sr. anymore.:whistling:
Will Prince Ernst August Jr be proclaimed as the head of the House of Hanover automatically (I can not find a better word) ?
I am confused because ... Prince Ernst August Sn expressed his displeasure with his son's marriage. The rules were said to be broken because his son did not get a formal consent to marry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom