Prince Ernst August Jr & Prince Christian of Hanover: 2004-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a picture of Prince Ernst August Jr. and Prince Christian at the wedding of Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock! Did anyone find other pictures of them at the wedding?
http://i53.tinypic.com/2gub7dg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pictures

3 pictures of them at the wedding

Attachments

• ernst+christian.jpg
    ernst+christian.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 13,724
  • ernst+chritstian2.jpg
    ernst+chritstian2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 20,602
  • ernstjr.jpg
    ernstjr.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,034
I was so happy to see them there sitting amongst the family. Christian is so handsome I wish we saw more of him!

Ernst wears the same yellow tie. I think he's had it for years too. I remember seeing a yellow tie way back when during their "auction" of their possessions at the Marienburg. Maybe it's not the same tie, but it's the same color ... just something I've noticed.

Prince EA junior looks very much like his father!!!

I the opposite of the huge majority of people in TRF, I liked Ernst-August! I thougt that he was a good husband, till he stopped to be a husband!

weird

I saw pictures of Ernst August Jr. at the wedding reception of Albert and Charlene, but I didn't see pictures of Christian. Was he there or did he not go?

Also, do the boys ever spend time with their mother since I only see the boys with the Casiraghi clan and their father, but I haven't seen any with their mother Chantal...

And one last question... even though they are German royalty, why doesn't any one of them live in Germany?

Renata is right, they were both there.

I'm sure they are spending time with their mother but we just don't get any pictures of it. I can't remember when I last saw a picture of Ernst-August Sr with his sons, we just know that Christian was with him when he was in hospital because of an article in the Spanish media. And I think they are sometimes photographed with the Casiraghis because the Casiraghis are newsworthy not the Hanovers. We only get to see Chantal when she is attending society events and as long as they don't attend together we won't get any pics.

Both Ernst August Jr and Christian went to school in England and attended University in the United States. I saw an interview with both of them a few years back. Ernst August's German in pretty good but Christian's is not as good. You can hear an English accent when he speaks, he sometimes used English words and needed help from his brother.

Ernst August is in Germany more often than one can read in the newspapers. He visits Hanover frequently. When he met with the MP of Lower Saxony a week or so ago, he said that he would like to move to Lower Saxony but he can't because of his job. AFAIK, he works in the finance sector and there is not much of a finance sector in Lower Saxony.

Sunnylight, I think Prince Christian was probably at the dinner too, but he probably skipped getting his pictures taken...

Renata is right, they were both there.

Both Ernst August Jr and Christian went to school in England and attended University in the United States. I saw an interview with both of them a few years back. Ernst August's German in pretty good but Christian's is not as good. You can hear an English accent when he speaks, he sometimes used English words and needed help from his brother.
Ernst August is in Germany more often than one can read in the newspapers. He visits Hanover frequently. When he met with the MP of Lower Saxony a week or so ago, he said that he would like to move to Lower Saxony but he can't because of his job. AFAIK, he works in the finance sector and there is not much of a finance sector in Lower Saxony.

Saschana, you brought out a good point. What language do the Hannover siblings and the Casiraghi siblings use to speak to each other? French or English?

Also, are there videos online of that interview, it would be awesome to actually put a voice to the face (since I assume many people here have never heard it before)

The interview was from a few years back, around the time of the auction. I saw it on TV in a documentary but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it online.

I don't know how good Christian and Ernst-August's French is but I would guess that they maybe talk in English. I could also imagine that Christian and EA talk in English when they talk to each other, they are probably just used to it because they usually do it when around friends.

Ernst August junior always looks like he is going to cry every minute....May be this is just his face proportion, or he is shy or he's really unhappy.

Maybe he just takes after his father ..... lugubrious....

I much prefer Christian .... you wouldn't think they were brothers....

Hahaha Prince Christian is definitely easy on the eyes;)

But from this pictures I've seen he seems a bit short compared to his brother and step brothers. Maybe they are just very tall and he is average. It remains a mystery to me lol

On February 16th, Ernst-August was in Hanover for the topping out ceremony of the re-erected Schloss Herrenhausen. The castle is rebuild by the Volkswagen Stiftung and will host rooms for conferences, a concert hall and an auditorium. He didn't have a prominent role so I couldn't find official pictures but I took two shots from a video.

Picture 1 * Picture 2

Unfortunately, I can't post the link of the video but you can see it anyway. Go to the NDR Mediathek and type in "Herrenhausen" in the search box on the right, then click on the video called "Zweifel am Schloss in Herrenhausen". Towards the end of the video you can see Ernst-August with the prime minister of Lower Saxony David McAllister. Shortly before you can see the prince, you can hear McAllister shouting "Ernie" and saying "He is a very nice guy", you can also hear Ernst-August's voice. For more information about the castle and the ceremony have a look at the Neue Presse.

Yesterday, Ernst-August took part in the Schützenausmarsch in Hanover. His great-grandmother Princess Victoria-Luise of Prussia was a regular guests for the event, as was his father in the 1980's when he had his own wagon. Ernst-August Junior marched alongside the mayor of Hanover, Stephan Weil, and was later seated with Weil and the prime minister of Lower Saxony, David McAllister.

Picture 1 * Picture 2 * Picture 3 * Picture 4 * Picture 5

Last week, he was also in Berlin to attend the summerparty of Lower Saxony where a lot of politicians and entrepreneurs are present. In the first picture he is talking to Ferdinand Piech, member of the Porsche family and chairman of the Volkswagen Group.

Picture 1 * Picture 2

I like the way that so many of the german princes continue to have good relations with the politicians of their former realm.

EA Jr. and his cousin Otto were at a football game on Saturday. EA Jr. was quite busy during the last couple of weeks, he must travel between Germany and GB frequently.

Recently found a nice blog covering events regarding the family.
Royals of Hanover

Maybe it's offtopic, but I have quick question: who brought Otto up after the death of his parents?

Prince Ernst August sought custody (he had promised his brother he would do so) but Prince Otto was brought up by his maternal grandparents, the Count and Countess von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli.

It says he had a girl named Katya with him at the football game and earlier at the circus but wouldn't say if she was his girlfriend.

Royals of Hanover

Maybe it's offtopic, but I have quick question: who brought Otto up after the death of his parents?

As Warren said,his grandparents...Unfortunately,his grandfather died while he was just 8 years old and his grandmother, Princess Maria Euphemia von Auersperg , continued to take care of him after...

Schloss Bleiburg - YouTube

Short footage of the Castle Bleiburg where Otto grew up which is still in possession of Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli family...

Ernst Jr is dating a LDN based girl called Ekaterina i can't spell her last name she's from Praha. I met them on Souraya Chalhoub's birthday. There's a picture of them in this party.

Attachments

• ernstekaterina.jpg
    ernstekaterina.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 12,913
Ernst Jr is dating a LDN based girl called Ekaterina i can't spell her last name she's from Praha. I met them on Souraya Chalhoub's birthday. There's a picture of them in this party.
So his union with an Argentinian girl (I don't remember her name) is over?

Ernst Jr. was in Blankenburg during the weekend.

Royals of Hanover: Hereditary Prince Hands Over Brunswick Lion to the City of Blankenburg
Royals of Hanover: Hereditary Prince Signs a Loan Agreement

"Since Saturday it's all sattled: The Brunswick Lion will stay in Blankenburg for at least the next thirty years as a loan agreement was signed by the mayor of the city and Hereditary Prince Ernst-August. During the event that marked the ceremonial handing over and the signing of the agreement, the Hereditary Prince stated in his speech that he would like to have an open and better relationship with the city in the future. The mayor said that he wishes for the city and the House of Hanover to grow a close bond in the years to come."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom