Prince Ernst August Jr & Prince Christian of Hanover: 2004-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that King Constantine sitting up front with the parents in the christening photos?

Yes that is King Constantine.

Here are some recent photos of Ernst-August Jr. and Christian, appearantly The princes are selling 15million dollars worth of Royal House of Hanover heirlooms at an auction.
Pic are provided by newscom

sipaphotos251699.jpg

sipaphotos251697.jpg

sipaphotos251691.jpg

sipaphotos251668.jpg

sipaphotos251667.jpg

What a garage sale! I wonder what you could get for $10.

Ernst and Christian in summer of 2004

vacationing with their dad, stepmother and Charlotte in Venice...... (source: REX)

The exact time of year was July, only weeks before Char's fab La Vigie party.

Attachments

• 339564A.jpg
    339564A.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,597
  • 339564B.jpg
    339564B.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,349
  • 339564C.jpg
    339564C.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,336
the brothers seem very close to the casiraghi trio...and to their father, spending a lot of their vacations with him and the casiraghis... i wonder if they're as close to their mother as they are to their father...

Don't know if this picture has been posted yet.
Chris and Ernstie with their mom ...:)

(sipa)

Attachments

• 0000359457-001.jpg
    0000359457-001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8,052
That's cool. It looks like they are with Chantal in London. I've always wondered what schools they went to in London.

CasiraghiTrio said:
That's cool. It looks like they are with Chantal in London. I've always wondered what schools they went to in London.

well, I could tell you which school at least Christian went to because he was in one class with a friend of mine, but I'm afraid this would go too much into his privacy. I mean, he's the son of EA, Germany's best known royal and the press obviously doesn't know which school he went to. Just: the school is nothing special.
Just to make sure: My friend was no good friend of Christian, I don't know any "private facts" about him. She just liked him ( I think she had a little crush on him if you say it like that in english), though she's someone who surely doesn't like somebody only because he's famous.
By the way: no problem if you don't beliefe me, I wouldn't, too, and I'm not going to prove this by showing a class photo or something like that. I thought for a long time if I should say that I have a "connection" to the Hannovers and as some members alway wonder what the two are like I decided to tell what I've heard: that Christian is a nice guy.

I don't expect you to provide details that make you uncomfortable. I understand because I have a slight connection to the Hanovers too. It's nothing too special. My mom's friend owns a house that Ernst wanted to buy several years ago and he and she became friends, sort of. He fell in love with the belts that she designs and bought several for his wife at the time, Chantal. He and Chantal used to visit this friend of ours and take the little boys (for they were little at the time) and Ernst Jr and Christian would play in her backyard. So it's not too special a connection, but I do think it is pretty cool that I know someone who met Ernst. I don't know why. It's just cool for some reason. These little stupid anecdotes about famous people, they are pointless but so intriguing for some mysterious reason. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
My German is atrocious, but according to this article, the princes (at least Ernst Jr) attended Malvern college in England. Can someone translate??:confused:

From bild.t-online.de:
Monte Carlo – Er vertrat seinen kranken Vater voller Würde: Ernst August jr. Prinz von Hannover (21) überraschte am Freitag die Weltöffentlichkeit – als großer, starker Mann hinter seiner Stiefmutter Prinzessin Caroline (48).

Mit denselben energischen Schritten, wie man sie von seinem Vater Prinz Ernst August (51) kennt, kam er hinter der Prinzessin aus der Kirche. Gemeinsam mit Caroline begleitete er den Sarg von Fürst Rainier († 81) bis zu dessen letzter Ruhestätte. Der älteste Sohn des Welfenchefs wachte mit Argusaugen darüber, daß niemand Caroline in ihrer Trauer störte.

Prinz Ernst August, der noch immer wegen einer Entzündung der Bauchspeicheldrüse auf der Intensivstation liegt, konnte seiner Ehefrau in den schweren Stunden nicht beistehen. Aber keiner hätte ihn wohl besser vertreten können als sein großer Sohn. Auf ihm und seinem kleinen Bruder Prinz Christian (19) ruhen jetzt die Hoffnungen von ganz Monaco. Die Welfenprinzen könnten dem Fürstentum neuen Glanz geben.

Denn die beiden haben weltweit hervorragende Kontakte. Die Jungen aus Prinz Ernst Augusts erster Ehe mit der schweizerischen Millionärstochter Chantal Hochuli (49) stehen im Rang weit über ihren Stiefgeschwistern Andrea (20), Charlotte (18) und Pierre (17) von Monaco. Sie tauchen sogar in der britischen Thronfolge auf.

Die Prinzen wurden auf dem Elite-Internat Malvern College in England ausgebildet. Durch die Schulzeit verfügen sie über weltweite Kontakte zu anderen adligen oder schwerreichen Sprößlingen.

Die jungen Welfen und ihre High-Society-Freunde sind genau das, was das angestaubte Fürstentum wieder zum Glamourstaat machen könnte. Wie vor 49 Jahren, als Rainier den Hollywood-Star Grace Kelly († 52) heiratete.

Englische Zeitungen spekulierten im September vergangenen Jahres über eine Liebesaffäre zwischen Prinz Ernst August jr. und Francesca Versace – deren Vater Santo hält 30 Prozent des Versace-Konzerns.

Und Skandale? Nahezu Fehlanzeige. Prinz Christian brach seiner Mutter Chantal mal die Nase – da war er aber gerade mal zwei. Die Familie befand sich auf dem Weg in den Ibiza-Urlaub, als der Prinz im Flieger auf dem Schoß der Mama zu sehr tobte. Mittlerweile tut sich der junge Prinz eher durch sein gekonntes Klavierspiel hervor.

Ernst August jr., als Kind von den Eltern liebevoll „Ernsti“ gerufen, wird künftig Chef des Welfenhauses sein und Haupterbe der Millionen und Ländereien seines Vaters. Sein Taufspruch lautete „Wachet, stehet in Glauben, seid männlich und stark“ (Korinther, Psalm 16, Vers 13) – er klingt wie eine Lebensaufgabe. Der junge Prinz scheint sie erfüllen zu wollen.

I also have a little connection to the Hannovers. My grandma's best friend and her husband worked in the Marienburg as caretaker, I think in the 70s and 80s, or 60s and 70s, I'm not sure. They know alot of stories about Ernst and his family. But I still havn't heard a lot of them. They still live near the Marienburg.

tbhrc said:
I also have a little connection to the Hannovers. My grandma's best friend and her husband worked in the Marienburg as caretaker, I think in the 70s and 80s, or 60s and 70s, I'm not sure. They know alot of stories about Ernst and his family. But I still havn't heard a lot of them. They still live near the Marienburg.

Ooh, Marienburg is such a cool castle. I bet your grandma's friends got to live in it. That is really awesome. Maybe they worked for the family when Ernst Senior's father was head of the family?
BTW, Char had one of her birthday parties at Marionburg. I think it was her 14th birthday, although celebrated in May for some reason.

Your right, Ernst father was still the head of them. And they used to live there. She told me that it was a really great time, but now they enjoy their own "little" house.

The translation:

' He replaced his father with dignity. Ernst-August jr. , Prince of Hanover, surprised the public audience on Friday - as the strong man behind his stepmom Princess Caroline.
With the same energetic steps taken he followed Caroline out of the cathedral. Together with Caroline he accompaigned Prince Rainiers coffin. The eldest son of the Prince of Hanover watched over his stepmom and that nobody could bother her in her grief.
The prince of Hanover himself could not be at his wifes side in these dark hours. But nobody else would have been better to replaced him than his 'big' boy.
Monaco's hopes and expectations now lay on the young Hanover-Princes shoulders ( see how Christian was with Princess Antoinette before and after the funeral, he accompainged her to the funeral and back - and later that day aunt Princess Stephanie for a little walk 'short note')

The Hanover-princes could help to bring neglamour to Monaco. They are in contact with a lot of prestigious people around the world. The two sons of Prince Ernst-August of Hanover and Chantal Hochuli are of higher rank as their stepsiblings Andrea, Charllotte and Pierre. They are also in the sucsession to the british throne.
Both went to the british boarding school Melvarn College

In September british tabloids speculatet about a little love affair between Ernst jr. and Francesca Versace.

What about scandels? No! Prince Christian once broke his mothers nose - when he was two years old and the family was on their way to Ibizza and Chrsitian clowed around on his mom's knees on the plane.
Today it is more his fabulous piano-play one talks about.

Ernst-August jr. , tenderly called 'Ersti' since he was a little boy will be the future boss of the Hanover Clan!

this is a great article. I am reading a lot on Grimaldi history nowadays, though, and from what I am reading, it seems Princess Antoinette is not a nice lady. But maybe that just shows that Christian is a big person, that he cares for even grumpy old ladies! :cool:
Malvern College is a very special school! That person who posted here saying that the school she couldn't name wasn't a special school at all, that's complete crap! Malvern is a fantastic school!

sebastian said:
The translation:

Monaco's hopes and expectations now lay on the young Hanover-Princes shoulders ( see how Christian was with Princess Antoinette before and after the funeral, he accompainged her to the funeral and back - and later that day aunt Princess Stephanie for a little walk 'short note')

I also noticed that Christian accompanied Princess Antoinette after the funeral which I thought was very sweet. But I didn't understand why it wasn't one of Caroline's children.

Peaches said:
I also noticed that Christian accompanied Princess Antoinette after the funeral which I thought was very sweet. But I didn't understand why it wasn't one of Caroline's children.

There is a pic from the coronation of Albert, at the concert Char was giving Antoinette a very nasty look. This made me think that Char does not like or does not trust Antoinette. I wonder if Pierre and Andy feel the same as she, if this is the case. I suppose Christian was being nice to an old lady. But Caroline's children resent Antoinette (perhaps?) for all the pain she caused their grandfather.

I can remember reading somewhere that Grace didn't like Antoinette and that it even went as far as Rainier banishing her from the palace. When I see photos of Caroline, Albert and Stephanie with Antoinette they always seem to be very loving and caring towards her, which I am surprised at as I would have thought that they wouldn't have been as close to a woman that their mother didn't like. This then made me think that maybe they are just being pleasant to her as they don't see her that much and she's fragile due to her age, which might explain the look that Charlotte gave her. What does everybody else think? Does anybody actually know if Antoinette's side of the family are very close with Caroline, Albert and Stephanie or if they just see eachother now and again at official occasions? Does anybody know how close Charlotte and Melanie are? I wonder if Antoinette has accepted Ernst Jr and Christian into the family, especially given that she didn't accept Grace?
Budge9 :)

Last edited:
Well, it's a little more complicated than that. It's true that Grace had problems with Antoinette in the beginning but as far as I know they somehow solved those probs in the end. Rainier always wanted to have his sister around to work with them for the country and she always did. She has and always had great interest in what concerned animals. She was always involved in the circus festival as well, there is even a Prix Princesse Antoinette. Stephanie is said to be very close to her. Antoinette's daughter Elisabeth-Ann is Steph's witness to her mariage, she's also her godmother.
I don't know if Charlotte gave Antoinette such a look, honestly I think this wasn't on purpose. Sometimes pix are taken and they're just out of some situation, so....

As for the question why Chrsitan and not one of Caro's children. Well, in this case Christian is one of Caro's children...they don't make differences there. He and Ernsti lighted the candles as well during the funeral...they belong to them now. As much as I know Chrsitian and Ernsti even took over with the tradition Andrea started when he was little, to call aunt Stephanie' Tama'....

Thanx Michelle. As Ernst Jr and Chrisitan also call Stephanie ''Tama'' I guess that that means that they are very close to her, which surprises me a bit. With the distance between the sisters I wouldn't have thought that they have got to know Stephanie that well.

budge9 said:
Thanx Michelle. As Ernst Jr and Chrisitan also call Stephanie ''Tama'' I guess that that means that they are very close to her, which surprises me a bit. With the distance between the sisters I wouldn't have thought that they have got to know Stephanie that well.

I don't know if that means they're extremly close, as they don't see eachother very often....but maybe close enough to overtake this adress...

Christian , July 2005

(Bureau de Presse)

Attachments

• 1015.JPG
    1015.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 2,137
  • 1016.JPG
    1016.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 440
  • 1017.JPG
    1017.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 3,296
At Albert's Enthronement Ceremony in Monaco (By the palace possibly?)

christian looks so much like his mother and nothing like his father.

One more picture of Ernst-August jr. and Christian attending Alberts' enthronement day:

(Monte Carlo Press)

Attachments

• ernsti et chris.JPG
    ernsti et chris.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,984
Did prince riener like them? well, did he accept them as his grandchildren?

Harry's polo shirt said:
Did prince riener like them? well, did he accept them as his grandchildren?

I'm not sure if he counted them among his grandchildren but he certainly liked them.
It's stronger though with Albert and Stephanie who count them as their nephews.
Albert when asked about how many children there are in the family he said: ' I have 4 nieces( Charlotte, Pauline, Camille, Alexandra) and 5 nephews ( Andrea, Pierre, Louis = are 3 + two = Chrsitian and Ernsti)

Stephanie in a talk about soccer said about the team of Bayer 04 Leverkusen ( germany) : ' That's my nephew Chrsitian's fav team.'

(just as examples :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom