Luise and Friederike

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alterego

Gentry
City
Somewhere
Country
Switzerland
I just found the interesting coincidence of 4 contemporary German princesses, who were two pairs of sisters, all bore the fames of greaty beauty, and all became Queens(Tsarina). :rolleyes:

1.i. Princess Luise Auguste Wilhelmine Amalie, Herzogin von(zu?) Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1776-1810), Queen consort to Frederick William III of Prussia;
ImageShack - Hosting :: luise4yq5.jpg

1.ii. Princess Friederike Karoline Sophie Alexandrine Herzogin von(zu?) Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1778-1841), Queen consort to King Ernest Augustus I of Hanover (since 1837, upon the ascension of her third husband);
ImageShack - Hosting :: 41emabfipvlss500pp9.jpg

2. i. Princess Luise Marie Auguste von Baden (1779-1826), Tsarina of Alexander I (Empress Elizabeth Alexeievna of Russia);
ImageShack - Hosting :: marial01gr2.jpg

2. ii. Princess Friederike Dorothea Wilhelmine von Baden (1781-1826), Queen consort of King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden(divorced in 1812 in exile).
ImageShack - Hosting :: frederikabadenpm1.jpg

I just found the interesting coincidence of 4 contemporary German princesses, who were two pairs of sisters, all bore the fames of greaty beauty, and all became Queens(Tsarina). :rolleyes:

1.i. Princess Luise Auguste Wilhelmine Amalie, Herzogin von(zu?) Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1776-1810), Queen consort to Frederick William III of Prussia;
ImageShack - Hosting :: luise4yq5.jpg

1.ii. Princess Friederike Karoline Sophie Alexandrine Herzogin von(zu?) Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1778-1841), Queen consort to King Ernest Augustus I of Hanover (since 1837, upon the ascension of her third husband);
ImageShack - Hosting :: 41emabfipvlss500pp9.jpg

2. i. Princess Luise Marie Auguste von Baden (1779-1826), Tsarina of Alexander I (Empress Elizabeth Alexeievna of Russia);
ImageShack - Hosting :: marial01gr2.jpg

2. ii. Princess Friederike Dorothea Wilhelmine von Baden (1781-1826), Queen consort of King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden(divorced in 1812 in exile).
ImageShack - Hosting :: frederikabadenpm1.jpg

The baden sisters had an sister more

Princess Caroline of Baden (1776-1841) married Duke Maximilian Joseph of Zweibrücken, who became Elector of Bavaria in 1799 and King of Bavaria in 1806.

And from her daughters

Princess Elisabeth of Bvaria (1801-1873) became Queen of prussia as consort of King Friedrich Wulhelm IV. of Prussa.

Princess Amalie Auguste of Bavaria (1801-1877) became Queen of Saxony as consort of King Johann I. of Saxony

Princess Marie of Bavaria (1805-1877) became Queen of Saxony as consort of King Friedrich August II. of Saxony.

Thanks. Stefan. Caroline of Baden was also the mother of Sophie of Bavaria, who was the twin sister of Marie Anna(Queen of Saxony), and the maternal aunt and mother in law of famous Empress Elisabeth of Austria(Sissy). :)

Yes, actually, both Baden sisters and Mecklenburg-Strelitz had another four sisters. All Baden sisters except Luise had issues, while only 4 Mecklenburg-Strelitz sisters(incl. Luise and Friederike) survived childhood.

Thanks. Stefan. Caroline of Baden was also the mother of Sophie of Bavaria, who was the twin sister of Marie Anna(Queen of Saxony), and the maternal aunt and mother in law of famous Empress Elisabeth of Austria(Sissy). :)

Yes, actually, both Baden sisters and Mecklenburg-Strelitz had another four sisters. All Baden sisters except Luise had issues, while only 4 Mecklenburg-Strelitz sisters(incl. Luise and Friederike) survived childhood.

There as another Baden-sister Katharina (1776-1826) who did not marry and thus also had no issue.

If you go through the german Families you will find many more sisters who became Queens/Empresses or Duchess in different countries.

There as another Baden-sister Katharina (1776-1826) who died not marry and thus also had no issue.

If you throguh the german Families you will find many more sisters who became Queens/Empresses or Duchess in different countries.

O, ja, you are right. I forgot the Katharina Amalie of Baden :p.

Yes, German princesses seemed to be favoured brides to marry to the throne at that time, esp. in Russian court(please correct me if I am wrong).

Following discussion with thread creator, moved back to Chit Chat.

Back
Top Bottom