The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:05 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 24,119
15 most Incredible Castles in Germany!!!

Impossible to choose!!

https://www.thetrendspotter.net/castles-in-germany/
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:34 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,624
Schloss Bellevue in Berlin will be renovated. Mainly because the installations from the 1980's and the roof need replacement. The costs will be more than 100 million Euro. This is in line with Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague, where also 1980's installations as well the roof were renewed. Together with the earlier renovation of the main Hall (the Oranjesael) the prize tag in The Hague was roughly 100 million Euro. By the way, in 1941 Bellevue was completely destroyed by fire, so little is "original" which makes the renovation not so complicated.

The works at Schloss Bellevue will start in 2019. For the Bundespräsident and his 180 staff a temporary residence will be sought in Berlin. During the previous renovations in the 1990's (the reunification of Germany made Bellevue a permanent residence) the Bundespräsident used Schloss Charlottenburg for representation, but at the moment this is not possible.

https://www.berliner-woche.de/tierga...aniert_a186185
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-29-2018, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Schloss Bellevue in Berlin will be renovated. Mainly because the installations from the 1980's and the roof need replacement. The costs will be more than 100 million Euro. This is in line with Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague, where also 1980's installations as well the roof were renewed. Together with the earlier renovation of the main Hall (the Oranjesael) the prize tag in The Hague was roughly 100 million Euro. By the way, in 1941 Bellevue was completely destroyed by fire, so little is "original" which makes the renovation not so complicated.

The works at Schloss Bellevue will start in 2019. For the Bundespräsident and his 180 staff a temporary residence will be sought in Berlin. During the previous renovations in the 1990's (the reunification of Germany made Bellevue a permanent residence) the Bundespräsident used Schloss Charlottenburg for representation, but at the moment this is not possible.

https://www.berliner-woche.de/tierga...aniert_a186185

As our president does not live at Bellevueand his staff could work in any office space, I guess it won't be too difficult to find suitable representation spaces in or around Berlin. Though I heard there is a lot of space available in Bonn???
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-29-2018, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
15 most Incredible Castles in Germany!!!

Impossible to choose!!

https://www.thetrendspotter.net/castles-in-germany/

Note: most of these castles are mock-historical, built from the 1750 to the 1900s. No doubt they are theartrically attractive but honestly? There are real castles abound in Germany, but as they were (some still are) lived in, a lot of other wings were added, so they don't always look like a decorator's dream.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-29-2018, 07:56 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
As our president does not live at Bellevueand his staff could work in any office space, I guess it won't be too difficult to find suitable representation spaces in or around Berlin. Though I heard there is a lot of space available in Bonn???
Schloss Bellevue is the decor of many representative evenements, now Schloss Charlottenburg is not a available, I wonder which venue will be used. But I agree, the Bundespräsident can live in any villa. After all, also the Kings of Spain and of the Netherlands live in normal houses.


I like Schloss Bellevue very much. A sober and elegant building: http://www.bundespraesident.de/Share...lob=poster&v=2
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-30-2018, 04:28 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Schloss Bellevue is the decor of many representative evenements, now Schloss Charlottenburg is not a available, I wonder which venue will be used. But I agree, the Bundespräsident can live in any villa. After all, also the Kings of Spain and of the Netherlands live in normal houses.

The last presidential Couple who actually lived in Bellevue Castle where Roman and Christiane Herzog. All the other presidential Couples have only used it for representation.
As for representation Venues there are also several Castles in Potsdam which coul be used for big Events.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-29-2019, 05:00 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 24,119
Tania and Nicolaus von Schöning - The new owners of Schloss Marienburg


https://www.brauerphotos.de/?1381691...+am+28.08.2019
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-29-2019, 10:13 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Tania and Nicolaus von Schöning - The new owners of Schloss Marienburg


https://www.brauerphotos.de/?1381691...+am+28.08.2019



Not owners but operators
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-02-2020, 05:42 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 10,286
Marienburg Castle.

__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-01-2021, 01:09 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 37,000
A documentary on the Bavarian castle of Neuschwanstein and its history.

Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-03-2021, 05:59 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
Wolfersdorf Castle was a hunting lodge of the Dukes of Saxe-Altenburg. It is located in Thuringia, Germany.
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-wol...-34619564.html
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-29-2021, 08:49 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
The Arbeitszimmer of Neuschwanstein Castle
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-arb...-90835130.html
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-06-2021, 04:41 AM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
Schloss Benrath is located outside Dusseldorf in the Palatine-Neuberg. Queen Maria Sofia of Portugal, wife of King Pedro II of Portugal, was born at Schloss Benrath.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-21-2021, 08:46 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
Marmorpalais is in Potsdam, Germany. It was constructed during the reign of King Frederick William II of Prussia.
The interior:

The exterior:
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-31-2021, 08:40 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
Dolzig Palace was in Lubsko, Kingdom of Prussia.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss...ei:Dluzek2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-29-2021, 04:32 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
Pretzsch Castle is located in Pretzsch, a district of the city of Bad Schmiedeberg in Saxony-Anhalt. The future King Christian VI of Denmark married Sophie Magdalene of Brandenburg-Kulmbach at Pretzsch Castle in 1721.
http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-pre...-15807562.html
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-23-2022, 12:37 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 10,533
Arolsen Castle in Arolsen, Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont has served as a residence for the ruling family of the Principality of Waldeck and Pyrmont.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-25-2022, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,852
Lovely! Been there, it's even more beautiful inside.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-04-2022, 03:56 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 24,119
"Vanessa Sayn-Wittgenstein and her Dutch husband, entrepreneur Pieter Haitsma Mulier, buy the castle of Schaumburg.
The couple are planning a long-term refurbishment and renovation over the next ten years to ensure that the traditional property in the town of Rinteln can remain open to the public. In addition, the Schaumburg will also serve as a private home for the family in the future. Both announced this in a press release."

https://www.rinteln-aktuell.de/rinte...en-schaumburg/
__________________
Keep quiet! it makes others more mad! and more desperate!! to delete!!!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-04-2022, 04:16 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 37,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Dolzig Palace was in Lubsko, Kingdom of Prussia.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss...ei:Dluzek2.jpg
And now in Poland and in a poor state by all accounts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
castles, palaces, residences


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Portuguese Royal Palaces, Castles and other Buildings Marengo The Royal Family of Portugal 70 12-31-2022 05:18 AM
Brazilian Imperial Palaces, residences etc Marengo The Imperial Family of Brazil 42 10-30-2022 01:10 PM
Palaces, Castles, Villas and other Buildings of the Habsburg Family Marengo The Imperial House of Austria 69 09-25-2022 11:49 AM
Polish Castles and Palaces Mandy Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies 38 09-16-2022 08:29 PM
Luxembourg Castles, Palaces and Royal Residences Josefine Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 112 03-29-2022 04:18 AM




Popular Tags
africa albert prince consort all tags america arcadie arcadie claret austria british british royal family caribbean caroline charles iii claret congo current events danish royal family death denmark duarte pio duchess of kent edward vii elizabeth ii emperor naruhito empress masako garsenda genealogy general news grace kelly grimaldi hamdan bin ahmed history india introduction jewels jordan royal family king king charles king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier matrilineal monaco monarchy mountbatten need help official visit order of precedence portugal prince albert monaco prince christian princess of orange queen alexandra queen camilla queen ena of spain queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration royal initials royal wedding silk spain spanish royal family state visit switzerland visit william woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises