Ducal House of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha (Wettin)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Andreas, Grand Master of the Ducal Saxe-Coburg and Gotha House Order, has awarded the Knight's Cross to the Mayor of Coburg and the President of the German Shooting Federation. To Helmut Raab a member of the Prince's office staff for 22 years he gave the Silver Merit Cross.

Neue Presse Coburg | Herzoglicher Hausorden für OB Kastner

I haven't seen many wedding pics of SCG family members. Apart from Hubertus and Kelly, of course. As many links of this thread don't work anymore, could someone post more wedding pics of the various family members? :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
HH Prince Adrian of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha died on 30 August 2011 in Bern, Switzerland. He was 55.

He was born on 18 October 1955, the youngest son of Prince Friedrich Josias of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha by his second wife Denyse Henriette de Muralt.
He married firstly in 1984 to Lea Rinderknecht, by whom he had two sons, Simon and Daniel, before they divorced in 1993. He married secondly in 1997 to Gertrud Krieg. Both his marriages were morganatic.He is survived by his wife and his two sons, his two sisters Claudia and Beatrice (Princess of Saxe-Meiningen) and his half-brother Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

Saxony

From Bild, Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha had invited family and friends to his 70th birthday party to Castle Callenberg on Saturday. At least king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and crown prince Philippe are seen at the photos.
Silvia, Carl Gustaf und Victoria von Schweden Blitzbesuch in Deutschland! - Royals - Bild.de

The prince had his 70th birthday already in 21st March, but obviously he has wanted to have a party at the summer.

Last edited:
Princess Roswitha of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, nee Breuer died in Coburg on 2 October.

She was born in Wolznach on 1 September 1945. She married in Tegernsee civilly on 11 May and religiously on 12 May Prince Peter Albert of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha (b.1939) by whom she had two sons: Peter Karl (b.1964) and Malte Georg (b.1966).
She is survived by her husband, sons, daughters-in-law and only grandson, Malte Alexander (b.1990).

Sources: Saxony
Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2013.

Her sons' birthdays are on 4th (the older one) and 6th (the younger one) October...what a gift they got....death of their mother...so sad.

It has been announced that the Hereditary Prince and Hereditary Princess of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha are expecting their first child.
The baby is due in the late Spring 2014.
Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly, née Rondesvedt, have been married since 2009.

Eurohistory: Saxe-Coburg & Gotha: an expected pregnancy

I like the names of the sons of Charles Edward, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. The brothers were Johann Leopold, Dietmar Hubertus, and Friedrich Josias.

If Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly have a son, a possible name could be Alfred Christian Andreas Ernest. Alfred would be for Duke Alfred of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha..

John Ernest IV was Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. His youngest daughter was Henriette Albertine (1698-1728). Had she been engaged to a German prince?

Victoria Adelaide of Schleswig-Holstein (1885-1970) was a Duchess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Her husband was Duke Charles Edward. She is the grandmother of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2Xx54RweM

Last edited by a moderator:
The lady with the duke is his daughter Stephanie perhaps?

Congratulations to the couple :)

Is the new princess the heir to her father? And what would happen if she had a brother?

Congratulations to the couple! I love the name Katharina (although prefer it spelt Catharina), and it goes nicely with her other names. And I guessed that she would have both Katharina and Victoria in her name combination, and I was right! :flowers:

julliette, I'm not sure if she will be the heiress as I don't think the Saxe-Coburgs have adopted female primogeniture yet, although I would think that a future brother would become the heir.

Currently Saxe-Coburg-Gotha has the succession ruled by the salic law, so Katharina isn't the heiress of her father's title. Currently the next in line after Hubertus is his brother Prince Alexander.

Prince Philipp August of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha, only child of Prince Philipp of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha (1901-1985) [himself the son of Prince August Leopold and Archduchess Karoline of Austria] and his wife Sarah Aurelia Halasz, died this year, age 70.

He is survived by his second wife, Rosemarie Jäger, and his four children: Isabelle, Maximilian, Alexander, and Christina as well as four grandchildren.

Source: Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French

HH Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha gave birth earlier today (30 April 2014) to a daughter, named Katharina Victoria Elizabeth Cheryl.
Princess Katharina is the first child of Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, who have been married since 2009.

Royal Musings: Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha: the newest QVD

According to german press, crown princess Victoria is the godmother of princess Katharina. Victoria attended at the baptism last Sunday.
Neue Presse Coburg Kronprinzessin Victoria zur Taufe in Coburg
Translation

Last edited:
Wow, that is what you call an impressive list of godparents....

Here is a photo of Princess Katharina's christening (I do believe Marty91charmed had posted this in the thread about Crown Princess Victoria being a godmother, but I thought I would post it here as well). She looks so sweet and tiny. I find it interesting that Crown Princess Victoria is her godmother, however (and correct me if I'm wrong) I do believe that Prince Hubertus father is Victoria's own godfather.

Here is a photo of Princess Katharina's christening (I do believe Marty91charmed had posted this in the thread about Crown Princess Victoria being a godmother, but I thought I would post it here as well). She looks so sweet and tiny. I find it interesting that Crown Princess Victoria is her godmother, however (and correct me if I'm wrong) I do believe that Prince Hubertus father is Victoria's own godfather.

Prince Hubertus' father prince Andreas is princess Madeleine's godfather. Prince Andreas is king Carl Gustaf's cousin. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia attended at Hubertus and Kelly's wedding. Hubertus and Kelly attended at Victoria's and Madeleine's weddings. King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria attended at prince Andreas' 70th birthday party in 2013. The families are very close.

Last edited:
The Crown Princess Grandmother was a Coburg, sister to Prince Huburtus Grandfather. Both families seem to value the close family ties which is nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom