Princess Irene (1942-), sister of King Constantine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And princess Irene of the Netherlands as well who was born only weeks before Germany's invasion in Poland.
Irini is a Greek word meaning peace. Pronounced exactly the same is also a quite common female name in Greece, given quite often and not only in war period. The GRF had also other Irini, the duchess of Aosta the daughter or King Konstantine 1st of the Hellenes and aunt of Irini daughter of King Pavlos.
So the story of the baby girl named after a residence area... at least funny...
Orthodox names are given with strict rules, especially at this period. To name a baby it should exist a Saint of the orthodox church having this name. Full stop. So a residence area..

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Wikipedia — "Nellmapius renamed the farm Irene Estate, after his daughter Irene Violet Nellmapius. Irene is derived from the Greek word meaning peace. She used to pronounce her name with three syllables: Ireenee, it is still pronounced like this today."

So while I don't believe Princess Irene was specifically named for the place, the place and the name are the same. And perhaps might have served as an inspiration for her parents. But she very likely could have been "Irini" if they'd stayed anywhere else, too.

Princess Irene at the White House with Lynda Johnson in 1967

Dated February 1967 just 10 months later the King,Queen ,Queen Mother and Royal Family were in exile :previous:

Lovely to see Queen Anne Marie in attendance!

Posts including speculative articles about the mental health of Princess Irene and replies to the posts have been removed. Without an official confirmation/announcement it is inappropriate and violating to speculative on such a highly sensitive topic/aspect of private life. Thank you for your understanding.

I agree with you, but, for that reason, it is very unethical, since it affects a person's privacy, for the media to publish this information based on presuppositions of the press itself

Princess Irene at the White House with Lynda Johnson in 1967

One of my silly minor wishes is that Infanta Sofia will decide to borrow a vintage dress and restyle her hair for the occasion and then we can really see just how much she looks like young Princess Irene. :heart2:

One of my silly minor wishes is that Infanta Sofia will decide to borrow a vintage dress and restyle her hair for the occasion and then we can really see just how much she looks like young Princess Irene. [emoji813]2:
She does not need to do all this. It is true that she looks a lot. It is crazy, it is like if they were mother and daughter....and in reality they are separated by 2 generations and there is no direct lineage. Biology plays games...

She does not need to do all this. It is true that she looks a lot. It is crazy, it is like if they were mother and daughter....and in reality they are separated by 2 generations and there is no direct lineage. Biology plays games...

It's not entirely crazy; even though Irene and her sister don't look very much like each other, the video still shows the family resemblance between the two of them, so it's not completely from nowhere. Why Sofia's granddaughter should look like her sister, when neither of her own daughters did, is a little bit of a mystery. Unless Sofia's deep love for her siblings was bound to pop up somewhere eventually. :flowers:

I know Infanta Sofia doesn't actually have to emphasize her obvious resemblance to her great-aunt, but Irene's never had Sofia's kind of long straight hair, nor do we see very many pictures of them together, sadly, so I just think a more vintage-looking young Sofia on some occasion or other would be cute.

Sad news :sad:

Princess Irene of Greece has announced in the following letter that she is forced to stop the activities of her Organization "World in Harmony".

Dear friends,

After a period of 37 years, the activities of "World in Harmony" will cease at the end of 2023. Our organization will cease to operate after December 31st.
You have our gratitude for all these years of friendship and cooperation.
Thank you for your solidarity and support. We will always be grateful.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2024.
With our best wishes,

Irene of Greece
President

The actions of "World in Harmony" for 2023:
* Emergency.
-Through the Red Cross, we sent money to the victims of the earthquakes in Turkey and Morocco.
* Health and nutrition.
- Monthly food shipment to the soup kitchen of Santa Pontificia y Real Hermandad del Refugio (Spain).
-Distribution of snacks to Roma pupils at the 7th School of Aspropyrgos (Greece).
-Purchase of medical equipment for the Tygerberg Hospital (South Africa)
-Collaboration with Philani Nutrition Center (South Africa)
-Purchase and distribution of medicines through the Metropolis of Acharnon (Greece).
* Music Scholarships.
-Piano scholarship 2022-2023 at Anton Bruckner University (Austria).
- Collaboration 2022-2023 for an advanced course in conducting (Spain).
* Education.
-Cultural Conservation and Training Collaboration in classrooms in a school on the Hopi Indian Reservation: Hopitutukuaiaki (United States)
-Contribution to the programs of the Greek Orthodox Church in Spain and Portugal.

With deep gratitude to all the donors who made these projects possible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1nh4l5IXRI/?igsh=MjJkMmIyYzQxYw==

Back
Top Bottom