The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2020, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Prince Philippos & Princess Nina current events part 1: December 2020 -

Welcome to part 1 of the thread to discuss the current events of Prince Philippos and his wife Nina.

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Theodora & Prince Philippos current events 2: February 2016 - December 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy posting!

Old 12-24-2020, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Merry Christmas from Philippos and Nina!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJL1xj6gS9S/

Old 12-24-2020, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Shouldn't the title be "Prince Philippos and Princess Nina Current Events"?
Old 12-24-2020, 05:30 PM
Majesty

Yes, I also think that should be the title of the topic. Doesn't Nina already have the title of Princess?
Old 12-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Shouldn't the title be "Prince Philippos and Princess Nina Current Events"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

Yes, I also think that should be the title of the topic. Doesn't Nina already have the title of Princess?

A poster wrote in the couple's wedding thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
From the Royal family communiqué, I understand that Nina is not yet a Princess, she will be a Princess when she contracts a religious marriage, is my opinio or deduction.
I have not seen the communiqué they refer to.

In regards to having a title, my understanding is that the family does not truly have any Greek titles as their royal titles were stripped by the republic of Greece, even if the family has persisted in using them.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:27 AM
Courtier

They do not call themselves kings or princes. They bear titles that belong to their royal house.
You have to differentiate: A state of a real house, they are not the same.
The Greek royal house is a European royal house, recognized by the rest of the royal houses, they carry titles that are valid for the royal houses, and for the States with monarchy that recognize the titles of royalty. Britain allowed to be identified with the title of royalty, Princess Theodora in her British passport she is "Princess Theodora", because Britain is a state with a monarchy and recognizes the protocols of European royal houses. Princess Irene acquired the Spanish passport, Spain is a country with a monarchy and recognizes the protocols of royal houses, this allows identification with the title. Currently, King Constantine, due to a 1994 Greek law that unjustly withdraws his passport, has to carry the Danish passport, in which it appears as HM King Constantine, Denmark is a state with a monarchy that recognizes the European royal houses. The International Olympic Committee , expressly, recognizes the titles of the royal houses, King Constantine who is one of the oldest members of the committee is recognized as king, this and due to the Royal House, not the state from which they come The Republics do not recognize the value of the European royal houses and their titles, they only recognize the Heads of State and their titles, the Greek Republic is not the exception. For the Greek state in the form of a republic, no royal title is valid, because it does not recognize the royal houses, only the positions they occupy and the title that this state has given to the institution, but no royal families.
And finally, I am Greek, and I am free to believe in whatever I want, the Greek state cannot forbid me to believe, I believe in the monarchy and the titles.
Philippos is Prince, and his passport say "Prince Philippos".

Titles are created by royal houses, not states. States cannot create Royal Houses titles. The republic does not give legal effects to titles, but it does not exterminate titles, because it is not competent to do so.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Sooner or later the official website of the family will be updated with the addition of Nina (Flohr) and we will see whether/when a title will be added or not. Or we'll get an official information from another source.

Up to that time the temporary solution is totally fine.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Today's posts have been moved to the "Titles, Surname and Protocols for the Royal Family"-thread, please continue the discussion over there as this is a current events/news thread. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2021, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Just seen their Christmas card. Wow these are big dogs. Really hope we will see more of the couple. Nice pic by the way.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Looks more like average kneehigh dogs :) Not big at all and I think the couple bend down on the knees for the picture.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:24 PM
Aristocracy

Is there any video of Philippos speaking Greek? His senior brothers and sister manage it well, -unlike his kid-sister who doesn't speak it that fluently... But I've never heard Philippos speaking Greek...
Old 01-22-2021, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nina with her Wedding outfit about her birthday today:

"So grateful for the year that just ended �������� Heres to 34 and more .... !!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKWsrZQgWk2/
Old 01-22-2021, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Is there any video of Philippos speaking Greek? His senior brothers and sister manage it well, -unlike his kid-sister who doesn't speak it that fluently... But I've never heard Philippos speaking Greek...

Minute 4:30

Philippos partying and dancing the night away the day before Nikolaos` wedding - he seems fluent in greek.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Minute 4:30

Philippos partying and dancing the night away the day before Nikolaos` wedding - he seems fluent in greek.
Thanks for the link! –hadn’t seen that…

Doesn’t sound that fluent to me… His Greek seems closer to Theodora’s than to his two older brothers, who are –slightly- better..
Old 01-29-2021, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Prince Philippos speaks much better than Princess Theodora, much more fluent.
Prince Pavlos it is obvious that when he speaks Greek he is thinking about the translation, but I understand him, he does not use Greek, but when he has been using it for several days, he speaks it fluently again. Prince Nikolaos speaks very well.... and Princess Alexia I have not heard her speak for many years but she spoke Greek very fluently, however since she went to live in Spain I do not remember a greek interview, it was her first language.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Prince Philippos speaks much better than Princess Theodora, much more fluent.
I hope so. It doesn't show in the video.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:01 PM
Courtier

I have been following Nina Florh on her instagram account, and I ask, Where do Philippos and Nina reside? In Switzerland? He lived in New York and she in London, but she only shares photos from Switzerland (and Mozambique where she has a hotel business)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:05 AM
Majesty

Nina's new instagram photo:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuWmkXA...=1kqd1e8kcppvo

Nina Flohr made the following post on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMbjo7tAN1f/
Old 03-19-2021, 09:39 PM
Gentry

Prince Philippos continues working in New York, and Nina is with her hotel project in Mozambique. It is obvious that the civil wedding is a "commitment" wedding, the wedding will be religious.
I read in Point de Vue, that the religious wedding could be for this spring or summer. I know that Point de Vue says it as a hypothesis, but it could be
Old 03-25-2021, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Nina on Instagram about Greece's Independence Day:
Quote:
I learn every day more about the incredible country, people and story that is Greece ... it has my heart since day one. Celebrating 200 years of Greek independence today.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2OGn8h...=1gyafbtne57nm