Prince Nikolaos current events 2: March 2007-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Nikolaos and Tatiana will marry , I think this might be soon

Coming from a very knowledgable position, I would be surprised if this happens at all. The simple reason I think is that Tatiana's family has too many skeletons in the closet on which the media would have a feeding frenzy. This would not be good for the Greek Monarchy.
The common denominator here and the key to the whole mystery is Venezuela. I am currently writing a book on Tatiana's extended family (with a particular focus on Tatiana's maternal grandmother the former Countess Elinka von Einsiedel who married several times with different children by different husbands, and now is a widow living in Marbella, Spain. - about the Venezuelan, American and Spanish connections. Tatiana's Father, of Hungarian origin, now deceased, made his fortune there, her stepfather, now living between New York and Switzerland also made his fortune in Venezuela. Tatiana's mother, Blanca, spent time in Venezuela and the book will elaborate on this and her Mother as well, and more recently her Uncle was killed there in very mysterious circumstances a year ago. Her sole surviving uncle still lives there.

While I have no means to doubt (or not doubt for that matter) any possible eyebrow-raising information there may be out there involving this lady's family, it may be safely said that any untoward dynastic repercussions her background could have, would be unlikely to influence the fate of the relationship. This is said because, mindful as they are always of the Greek mentality, King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie would have, in the first instance, advised against the marriage of the Crown Prince to a non-dynast, non-Greek bride, had they been considering restoration of the monarchy even as a remote possibility.

Further, even if monarchy was Greece's current polity, Nikolaos, by virtue of his distant position on the Line of Succession, is contitutionally so unimportant that a bride-candidate's status would be irrelevant unless by "good for the Greek Monarchy" you are implying facts that may affect the position of the Greek Royal Family within Gotha or within society, at large, as would be the case with any family. Finally, insofar as related reigning royal families are concerned, rest assured that they have no interest or right to be involved as long as Nikolaos and his family are neither on the Civil List nor members of the Royal Houses of the respective monarchies.

Does Tatiana´s family have money?

Tatiana and her brother Boris were left substantial inheritances from their Hungarian father who also had 2 other slightly older children from a previous relationship with a Venezuelan. Tatiana and Boris grew up in Gstaad, Switzerland along with their Venezuelan Stepbrother (Igor) and step-Sister( ) until their fathers untimely death in the 1980's. The origin of the money is Venezuela. Tatiana's mother, Blanca, (daughter of Elinka) remarried a Venezuelan Citizen living in Southhampton, Long Island, USA who is extremely wealthy also with money originating from Venezuela. Tatiana's grandfather (Bierlin) recently died in Germany in poverty. Tatiana's German/Swiss maternal grandmother (Elinka), now in poor health in her 80's, inherited the estate of her late American Husband in 2001 who was a heir of the 3M Company fortune, although most of the money was squandered throughout their marriage.

Insider, thanks for the information.
Tatiana has had some problems, but She is young and She can solve thems.

Despite all the problems Tatiana´s family might have had, I think the most important thing is what they feel towards each other. They sure are a good looking couple!!!!

Tatiana's partial Family Tree looks like this

Gräfin Elinka von Einsiedel (*26.7.1922 Wurmegg) (Tatianas Maternal Grandmother)
=1 21.2.1945 München (dv.1957); Ernst Beirlein (26.2.1920 München – 3.1.2009)
=2 2.9.1957 Munsing (dv.1970); Walter Rupprecht (*26.2.1924 Basel)
=3 19.3.1975 Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic; Peter Ordway (26.2.1916 St.Paul, Minnesota – 3.8.2001)
issue of 1st:
(A) Michael Beirlein (*3.12.1945 München)
= ...; Elisabeth ... (...)
no issue
Remarried
María Antonieta Cámpoli Prisco (1984?)
no issue
Remarried

(B) Blanca Beirlein (*10.12.1954 München)

issue by ... Blatnikl (...): unknown if she married Blatnik who died in late 1980s
(1) Boris Blatnik (…)
(2) Tatiana Blatnik (*1980)
= ...; Attilio Brillemborg (...)
no issue

issue of 2nd (adopted by 3rd):
(C) Carl Alexander Ordway (*29.10.1962 Malaga) adopted 1975 -(09. 2008 Caracas)
= María Antonieta Cámpoli Prisco 1989
no issue
Remarried
= Isabel Margarita Pardo Martinez who had son Isaias (*? ) from another relationship
issue of Isabel
(1) Elinka (2002?)
(2) Karin (2004) - ( 03.12 . 2006 Miami)

Last edited:
Coming from a very knowledgable position, I would be surprised if this happens at all. The simple reason I think is that Tatiana's family has too many skeletons in the closet on which the media would have a feeding frenzy. This would not be good for the Greek Monarchy.

I'm sorry but I do not really understand. If you mean that it will be bad for the position of the GRF inside Greece, this is senseless. Actually there are not any chances for restoration of the Monarchy in Greece, and this is completely independant of any future potential "misalliance".... Nikolaos is even not the CP, and Pavlos has 4 boys... so Nikolaos is far from any possible "key" position. And Tatiana herself is not involved at any bad action... so where would be the "bad point"?

If you mean that Nikolaos' position will suffer towards the other european RF, i do not agree either. A person with the past of Mette Marit has been acccepted, and she will be Queen a day, so why Tatiana would not be accepted?

fandesacs 2003, I have to agree on every one of your points regarding NIkolaos.Thank you so much for the clarifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Insider, I agree with everything except - I believe you have Tatiana's grandfather and her father mixed up. Her grandfather is dead. Her father was, until very recently involved with US politics (at the state level, I believe) and at one point one of his assistants did weigh in on a discussion about Ms. Blatnik - inferring that Representative Blatnik did not appreciate it.

Is Tatiana's grandfather perhaps the late John Anton Blatnik (1911-1991)? He served in the U.S. House of Representatives for 27 years representing the state of Minnesota's 8th District.

If this is turns out to be her grandfather, then Tatiana's father must be the only son of Representative Blatnik, Thomas H. Blatnik.

Yes, that is correct. Tatiana's father is THOMAS. John is her grandfather. She was even listed in his obituary as such. Thomas is also involved in US politics at some level (Maybe even US as his father). I believe there is a brother, Boris (same father). Her parents are divorced, but both living. Her mother, Blanca is involved as a socialite in many horse related functions and a photo showing the resemblance to her daughter can be seen here: http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/node/32484

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming, Sg1fan!:flowers:

Tatiana certainly does have a unique ancestry what with a grandfather who was a congressman and a grandmother who is a countess.

Thomas Blatnik has been employed since at least 2000 by the office of the House Sergeant at Arms. His salary information can be viewed here.

Insider, I agree with everything except - I believe you have Tatiana's grandfather and her father mixed up. Her grandfather is dead. Her father was, until very recently involved with US politics (at the state level, I believe) and at one point one of his assistants did weigh in on a discussion about Ms. Blatnik - inferring that Representative Blatnik did not appreciate it.

Tatiana and Boris's father was a Hungarian/Slovak and NOT a US Citizen named (Ladislov) (spelling uncertain) Blatnik. He lived between Gstaad, Switzerland and Caracas Venezuela in the 1970's and 1980's To my knowledge Tatiana and Boris inherited their fathers very substantial fortune when he died in the late 1980's prematurely in Switzerland as accidental death or suicide. Tatiana and Boris were young children at the time of their fathers death. I can't trace the paternal grandfathers origins yet but he is not living I think. Both Tatiana and Boris were educated in Switzerland(JFK International School, Gstaad and Aiglon college, Villars) and attended college in the US. Tatiana attended Georgetown in Washington DC. Tatiana's mother Blanca, after the death of (Ladislov) Blatnik .I still cannot determine if Blanca Bierlin, Tatiana and Boris's mother now Blanca Brillembourg was actually married to (Ladislov) Blatnik because he already had young son and daughter from a Venezuelan... in Venezuela and I can't find the marriage records , the son was called Igor and was maybe 5 years older than Boris and the daughter decided to go back and live with her mother in Venezuela Boris and Tatiana's Venezuelan stepbrother and sister grew up with them in Gstaad for some periods of time then Igor went to Aignon then after his fathers death opened a string of nightclubs in Boston. After Blatniks death, Blanca Bierlin then married once Venezulean financier Atillo Brillembourg but together they have no children and she regularly features in the Social Calender of the New York Hamptons although these days she spends most of her time in Spain.

Is Tatiana's grandfather perhaps the late John Anton Blatnik (1911-1991)? He served in the U.S. House of Representatives for 27 years representing the state of Minnesota's 8th District.

If this is turns out to be her grandfather, then Tatiana's father must be the only son of Representative Blatnik, Thomas H. Blatnik.

No -no relation whatsoever.

Thank you for the corrections, Insider.

I think his name is more commonly spelled Ladislav...There was a Ladislav Blatnik (called "Lottie") who became engaged to actress Natalie Wood in 1965. He was described as a Venezuelan shoe magnate. This fits perfectly with your recountings of Tatiana's family.

Here are some pictures:
Ladislav Blatnik
Natalie Wood and Ladislav Blatnik

reading these comments about the parents of Tatiana, it appears that her family is very destructured, she may have had a difficult childhood...

Pics 2.12.2009

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik at the Diane Von Furstenberg show,
Pre-Spring 2010, Athens, Greece - 02 Dec 2009 The fashion show took
place at the cultural center "Hellinic World-Theatron". The show Cruise/
Pre-spring 2010 had the title "Her Name is Rio".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the pictures!! .. if we think, we carry more than two years seeing the same picture of Niko and Tatiana ... This is always the same thing the same sitting, the same position ....

I agree with you.Niko is fatter I think, I read that Tatiana was American

Last edited by a moderator:
That designer lady,diane,was on the greek tv last night.She gave a very short interview to ''life and style'' at altrer channel.She said, she visited the benaki museum,the acropolis museum and the national museum.She also mentioned that she has two shops in Athens.She seemed like a nice,gentle person and her clothes looked wearable.
It's good that nikolaos got a job with that aviation company.We wish them good luck and always ''fly high''.

Thank you for all the new info about Tattiana and her family, as well as the pics. I have two questions firstly, do we know her age?And how many languages she speaks because she comes from a very international family.

I agree with you.Niko is fatter I think, I read that Tatiana was American

Yes. It appears that he has put on quite some weight and this has taken away a great deal of his elegance. In my opinion, he used to be the (or one of the) most elegant among royals or former royals, not anymore.

This past weekend the Prince Nikolaos of Greece was visiting northern Greece, Papigno, with Tatiana and some friends, they moved to the place in Helicopter

The engagement thread for Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik can be found here.

....Blanca Bierlin then married once Venezulean financier Atillo Brillembourg but together they have no children and she regularly features in the Social Calender of the New York Hamptons although these days she spends most of her time in Spain.

Atillo Brillembourg has to have a son with his same name (not a son with Blanca, this must be her stepson and therefore Tatiana's stepbrother) as there are many photos of a 30-something Atillo Brillembourg out and about with Kiera Chaplin, the famous model and grand-darughter of Charlie Chaplin. Kiera is featured in the same photo w/Blanca at Insider's link, so there is a relationship or connection for certain. Just adds to the many celebrity links to the Blatniks (Natalie Wood, the Chaplins, the VFs, etc.) Very interesting to say the least!

Prince Nikolaos looks still really good - thanks for the pictures, Shika Pal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom