Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik Pre-Wedding Events - August 23-25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone seen Alexandra and Gustav -- Princess Benedikte's children? They are cousins and I haven't seen them in any of the pictures. I understand that the reason Benedikte isn't attending is because she is acting of regent in Denmark while the others are attending the wedding in Greece.

Are these days special days for our Greek members or for the Greek people?
I guess for the Royal watchers at this board and in Greece: yes.
For the Greek people in general: not really.
My bf is visiting his family in Greece right now and none of them even knew there was a wedding of a member of the former Royal family.
They hardly know any other family member then former King Konstantin. ;)

I have seen pictures of there after dinner cocktail, and sees the daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark together with the Crown Prince Felipe of Spain and other.

What a pity that Princess Nathalie isn't there! But her son had arrived on earth a couple of weeks ago.

Are these days special days for our Greek members or for the Greek people?

For the greek royal watchers is a big event and we all look forward to see it, i hope the live coverage is from the church and a bit from the reception so we can enjoy them.

As for the greek people in general i don't think they are aware, maybe they got informed (especially the younger generation) from Star channel because its target group is mostly youth.
I did hear a negative comment from Alter Tv today that having a glamourous wedding with pre-wedding parties etc etc is provocative here in Greece now that the country has the economic crisis with unemployed people trying to support their families.

Prince Carl Philip was sitting next to Princess Theodora at dinner, and after talking Lady Grabiela, two good candidates and yet..............

Wow! Do you think he noticed some differences between them and his girl friend :whistling:?
BTW now it would be interesting to know who decided the places for dinner!

What a beautiful photos from yesterday!!!
Waiting for the ceremony this evening!!

Wow! Do you think he noticed some differences between them and his girl friend :whistling:?
BTW now it would be interesting to know who decided the places for dinner!

I think that prince Carl-Philip likes brunette girls, can you imagine he meets a local girl at the island??

For the greek royal watchers is a big event and we all look forward to see it, i hope the live coverage is from the church and a bit from the reception so we can enjoy them.

As for the greek people in general i don't think they are aware, maybe they got informed (especially the younger generation) from Star channel because its target group is mostly youth.
I did hear a negative comment from Alter Tv today that having a glamourous wedding with pre-wedding parties etc etc is provocative here in Greece now that the country has the economic crisis with unemployed people trying to support their families.

The whole world is an economic crisis! We need events like this....besides the shallowness of the glamour and the outfits that I enjoy, we need people to spend money! Some of the press is there, and they have to stay some where and eat and the same with the royals. How are we going to get out of this recession if people don't spend their money? So hotels and resturants are making a little more money now because of the extra people.

And let's not count the pictures that show the beauty of the island. I always knew Greece was beautiful but wow!

From where I stand this is a lovely relaxed family affair. Not ostenatious at all. But perception is easy and of course I see something totally different in pictures than if I was in Greece.

Yes yes, I saw them! I meant the dinner afterwards, which it looks like it took place at a taverna or something similar (maybe it was not dinner, just an after-party:))

I see. Well, like I said I haven't seen any of her there but I've been looking. She's definitely one of my favorite royals. I'll let you know if I find anything. :flowers:

The whole world is an economic crisis!
Well, but I think it's something different with Greece and the national bankruptcy. I can understand some people in Greece are annoyed to see the Royals celebrating a huge wedding while the country goes though the biggest crisis ever.
However, the whole wedding is financed privately by the family, isn't it? So maybe some of the Greek people can enjoy the event anyway. ;)

:flowers:I absolutely loooove Rosario Nadal´s dress . It is very appropriate for the kind of party they were celebrating . Good for her !!

I thought it was financed by both of the families. Even though its low key, it has some high profile guests so is not a cheap affair I will agree with that.

Yes, I forgot Greece was in a bankruptcy situation but really....isnt' the whole world one step away from it. But that's off topic......

So have we missed anyone? It looks like with the exception of Nathalie and Frederik all of the cousins are present. No representation from the houses of Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco or the Middle Eastern Royals.

From the outside it looks like they invited people that they are close to which is nice.

The wedding is financed by the families I gues. Obiously is not finnanced by the state.

Have you ever hear about Spetses?. I didn't. I would like to go sometime, the island looks beautiful. This event means lot of free publicity for the island... and you know publicity= money.
So I think is not that bad. People around the world will hear about Spetses so it is a big oportunity. I some case remembers me when Michelle Obama came to Marbella, and Granada...Lot of free publicity=Lot of oportunities.

Channel Star, is owned of Bardoyannis family, Bardoyannis family is invited to the wedding, for that reason, I think the channel is to give broad coverage

The whole world is an economic crisis! We need events like this...
I totally agree with you, i just think that they wanted to say something bad and they did.

I find it very low profile, elegant and private as much as possible since they have high profile guests.

I bet that rich people here had more expensive weddings but since they had no media attention they got away with it.
We should think that the eyes of Europe are on our country now and who knows people would like to visit the country and the place prince Nikolaos married.

Warren the wedding starts at 19:30 and the guests will be arriving from 19:00.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Star channel the couple gave their guests small gift bags yesterday that included a t-shirt with a small traditional ship, a cd that had the picture of the couple as a cover and a small notebook with the program of the wedding.

The booklet says at the first page: "Dear friends we would like to thank you for traveling from near and far to celebrate our wedding with us. We have lots of beautiful memories from Spetses island and we hope you get your own (beautiful memories) . So welcome to Spetses relax and enjoy"

http://www.star.gr/index.php?ID=life_style&Rec_ID=57378

Also last night the groom continued his night at a bar-restaurant with his friends and the bride stayed in to rest for the big day. The news said that Prince Philipos danced zeimbekiko in honor of his brother!!

One really I am curious to find out is how the guests are going to be watching the wedding. I read in online articles that since the church only has room for 30 people, the rest 300 will watch it on the yard through large screens and that King Constantine has asked the security not to throw away any non inviteds who wants to come to the yard and watch it too. I guess that the room inside the church will be reserved for the close relatives of the couple , so what happes will the rest? will they have some seats organised in the yard or will the guests just watch it standing? I am really wondering about this.

In which church the wedding will take place?
:previous: Generally churches over the islands are very small so it's impossible to fit all the guests inside but I am sure they will find the most appropriate solution. I am in Santorini now I wish I would be in Spetses :ermm:

One really I am curious to find out is how the guests are going to be watching the wedding.
Now you make me wonder too!!! Maybe inside the church will be the very VIP guests for security reasons and the rest are seated outside...... and anyone else wanting to watch will be standing??

Traditionally at greek weddings people stand up most of the time and the parents are standing next to the couple along with the best-men.

Last edited by a moderator:
will the bride have bridemaids? if yes who are they?

In which church the wedding will take place?
:previous: Generally churches over the islands are very small so it's impossible to fit all the guests inside but I am sure they will find the most appropriate solution. I am in Santorini now I wish I would be in Spetses :ermm:
I think that the church's name is St.Nicholas.
Is Tatiana celebrating her birthday today??

I understand how you feel Bonbon, i left Crete four days ago:bang:

Thaks a lot for the photos :flowers:
What a lovely and typical island monastery I am sure the wedding will be great I am so excited :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom