The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
She is ignorant in that we don't do Xmas Advent in Greece.
What a poor excuse for a 'Greek' princess, to refer to 'tradition' and be ignorant of what the traditions of the country she claims to be hers are...
Does she have to abandon her own tradition because she is married into GRF? Does that means after a woman gets married, her family tradition should not be considered as her tradition anymore? That sounds pretty ignorant to me.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Does she have to abandon her own tradition because she is married into GRF? Does that means after a woman gets married, her family tradition should not be considered as her tradition anymore? That sounds pretty ignorant to me.
Her formal title is "Princess Nikolaou of Greece". Which means that it's not any random family that she got into, but a royal house -and one which, for that matter, has a very contested relationship with its country, which they must continue to do their best to solidify. In this case, yes, the 'tradition' they evoke publicly, should be that of the royal house and the country they live in.
Jmho.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

She is using the hashtags #tradition and #family on an Instragram page called 'Tatiana Blatnik' (not 'princess Nikolaos of Greece' although she is often seen highlighting Greek-related content). So, indeed, she is sharing their personal family tradition and is not pretending to be celebrating a Greek tradition. So, I truly don't see the problem.

Other royal families also have foreign brides and while in the 'larger picture' they are indeed expected to adhere to the family they married into, everyone knows that in some ways they of course will keep some of their own traditions alive. This seems a small tradition that is apparently meaningful to Tatiana, so imho there is nothing wrong with sharing that with the world.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Courtier

It's her own tradition and clearly meaningful to her. Looking back at her Instagram last year she didn't post anything for Advent or Christmas (or other festivals) but maybe like many of us she felt inspired to share a little peace and hope as a few more royals and famous people have explicitly talked about advent this year I've seen.

Nikolaos wasn't shown with her and it wasn't shown to be a part of her support of Greece or the GRF. Perhaps they will also show their Greek celebrations as it gets closer to the important days and traditions for Greece.

If they want to carve out any meaningful role in Greek society as a non reigning house, then yes it's important to be known as Greek but I don't think most people will begrudge her or any other "married in" this and it's not going to be the thing that sways anyone's mind.

So many of Britain's most beloved Christmas traditions both religious and more secular came from Prince Albert, despite him being a somewhat controversial figure at the time.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Her formal title is "Princess Nikolaou of Greece". Which means that it's not any random family that she got into, but a royal house -and one which, for that matter, has a very contested relationship with its country, which they must continue to do their best to solidify. In this case, yes, the 'tradition' they evoke publicly, should be that of the royal house and the country they live in.
Jmho.
I guessed you missed her Instagram story where she showed the advent wreath with four candles that Queen Anne Marie has in her house.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:15 PM
Nobility

It is true that it is not a Greek tradition, but I would like you to see the instagram and facebook accounts of many Greeks, BORN in Greece, they have also decorated their houses and the lighting of the candles, and all this they have made photos that they have shared in their accounts. i have friend in facebook,and they have published photos of it, following their own ritual, but same tradition.
You don't have to be born in another country to take on a beautiful tradition.
Santa Claus isn't Greek either, but he arrived to Greece 60s.

https://www.unblock.gr/wp-content/up...016/12/442.jpg

In Glyfada, in the south of Athens they have placed a 10 meter Santa Claus.

"the advent wreath with four candles that Princess tatiana published in her account of instagram,in stories section was in her house.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Courtier

I agree with you, the Greeks have assumed many traditions from other countries, and I think there are many of us who decorate our houses with trees, ribbons, Christmas balls ... but we keep our traditions, which I think is the relevant, we accept other traditions, but we do not allow our traditions to disappear.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

I don’t think it’s nice to call Tatiana ignorant just because she posted something remotely Greek in tradition.

In fact, Tatiana has consistently promoted Greece in social media, her writing and her initiatives to support, preserve and promote Greek artisanship and specifically crafts via TRIA ETC.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Happy Name Day today to Prince Nikolaos!!

Wishes by Princess Tatiana:

"Xronia Polla Nikolaos :)
"Χρόνια πολλά!!!" Happy Name Day.

Happy we are here, in Greece, to watch the sunset and the sunrise every day"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIdnHIAslyv/

And a family dinner with a Royal touch!

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...ef&oe=5FF41CF1
Old 12-13-2020, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Princess Tatiana has published this post in her instagram account. Princess Tatiana goes to the market to buy ...I like her

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIusJgjFp8d/
Old 12-13-2020, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Princess Tatiana has published this post in her instagram account. Princess Tatiana goes to the market to buy ...I like her

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIusJgjFp8d/
Old 12-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

A beautiful Princess Tatiana for the Harper's Bazaar Greece!

https://www.harpersbazaar.gr/moda/ne...-bazaar-greece
Old 01-08-2021, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Tatiana spotted in the streets of Athens

https://i2.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
https://i2.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
https://i1.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1

Tags
blatnik, current events thread, greece, prince nikolaos, princess tatiana